COMPLETE[PLAY]The Cradle Song by Sierra - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

While I was recording the Latin prayer segment, I was tempted to throw in the chant of the monks from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail".
I am glad you resisted. Resistance is Useful!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

EltonTheSnowman wrote: January 11th, 2021, 3:16 am Here are the corrected versions of both acts:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cradlesong_mariajesus_1_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cradlesong_mariajesus_2_128kb.mp3

I recorded the VOICE (singular) because it wasn't attributed to anyone in particular in the MW, so I figured it would be easier to cut those bits out if necessary, rather than record them anew. :mrgreen: Guess it well be up to Todd to decide who will be chosen as the mysterious voice within.
both PL ok and yes, it's best to let Todd decide. Thanks

Sonia
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

Can I claim Sister Sagrario? :D
A.M.B. :roll:

Between illnesses, work, and vacation, May wasn't my best Librivox month. But I'm back and ready to do some more recording, editing, and PLing!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

A.M.B. :roll:

Between illnesses, work, and vacation, May wasn't my best Librivox month. But I'm back and ready to do some more recording, editing, and PLing!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
GretaBui

Post by GretaBui »

Hi! Can I claim Antonio's part? He's a sweetheart!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sorry for the delay in feedback, Amber, but your sister Sagrario was really sweet to listen to :9: She seems more the quiet shy type, which is a nice contrast to other more boisterous ones in this convent :lol: nicely done and you didn't miss any of the group lines as far as I can see. :thumbs:

Both Acts PL ok. Thank you.

Todd: concerning a dialogue in Act 1, here from 4:00-4:14: (p. 20) "I often dream that I am running fast..." etc. Now seeing that Sister Sagrario seems to speak 3 quotes in a row without interruption, I suspect this was a typo and Sister Marcella has to read those lines (see also her reply p. 21 where she mentions the dream again). Maybe best get Jenn to add them in a special file, what do you think ? I don't recall that she included those lines.

Sonia
mamatiff82

Post by mamatiff82 »

Hello.
Might I read the Mistress of Novices in Act 1 and 2? Thank you!
-Tiffany
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

mamatiff82 wrote: January 21st, 2021, 11:21 am Hello.
Might I read the Mistress of Novices in Act 1 and 2? Thank you!
-Tiffany
Thank you, welcome to Librivox, and more specifically to the drama forum. Please do the One Minute Test so we know your equipment is all set up properly. Did you also get the addiction warning?

Most of how things work is the same everywhere at Librivox, but there are a few special things about dramas. Here is a short summary of the important special rules:

1) you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file using the words in the MW, which for your role should be: "The Mistress of Novices, aged 36, read by XXXX (your chosen catalog name)"

2) then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. Also include any "All" lines while your character is on stage. For a big role it may be good to read the entire play to get into character, but at least it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as expressive (according to the character) as you can in your role.

3) if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [whines], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting.

4) You prepare and upload a separate file for each Act that your character is in. (Note - the section numbers change as I move stuff around on the MW, so remember character name, not section numbers.) Your file will be proof-listened, and you may receive some notes on corrections and their time locations in your file. These will be posted in the forum and show in the Magic Window marked as "See PL Notes" - please cut corrections into your file to update it (don't re=record the entire thing! that makes more work for everyone and risks new errors) and upload a new file (SAME NAME) in a reasonable time - like before your voice and equipment setup change and everything sounds different!

5) and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 4-5 seconds or more. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [kisses her hand]), also leave 4-5 seconds of pause there, because our editor (me) later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into his (my) master file and it's helpful if he (me) has enough space to fiddle with

That's it, I think. Just have fun acting out. And post any questions here.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: January 18th, 2021, 3:48 am
Todd: concerning a dialogue in Act 1, here from 4:00-4:14: (p. 20) "I often dream that I am running fast..." etc. Now seeing that Sister Sagrario seems to speak 3 quotes in a row without interruption, I suspect this was a typo and Sister Marcella has to read those lines (see also her reply p. 21 where she mentions the dream again). Maybe best get Jenn to add them in a special file, what do you think ? I don't recall that she included those lines.

Sonia
New file for Sister Marcella uploaded, with additional line added at 5:10. Ready for spot PL.

Thanks, Todd
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Well, as this is gender neutral and we've already had a man take on one of the nuns, maybe I can get out a good "little old lady" voice for the last role :lol:
Tomas Peter
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great. Her name even looks a little like Tomas with my glasses off....

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: January 21st, 2021, 11:31 am New file for Sister Marcella uploaded, with additional line added at 5:10. Ready for spot PL.
thank you, Jenn ! now all is in and PL ok :)

Sona