[EDITING] [DramReading] The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald-mtf

Plays and other dramatic works
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

That sheet music is perfect. The copyright date of 1921 is clearly visible, so as long as you stick to that melody, you'll be fine.
MMMD2505

Post by MMMD2505 »

benderca wrote: January 4th, 2021, 10:38 am
MMMD2505 wrote: January 4th, 2021, 8:20 am Hello!
I'd love to take Lucille and Women 1,2, and 3 if possible.

Thank you!

-Magda Wilde
Hi Magda.

Sorry, you'll have to pick just one of those role above. They're in the same chapters and they converse with each other.

How about one of the above roles and Stella in Chapter 9? I'll put you down now for Lucille and Stella. Please let me know if that's ok.

Of course! I've never done a dramatic reading before, so I didn't think about that. Lucille and Stella would be perfect! Thank you so much!

"All human wisdom is contained in these two words- Wait and Hope."

-The Count of Monte Cristo
KDonProduction

Post by KDonProduction »

Hello! What an exciting project! Would I be able to read for the Police Officer and Mr. Sloane? I've read a few chapters and short stories on here but a dramatic reading sounds fun!
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
benderca

Post by benderca »

alanmapstone wrote: January 5th, 2021, 3:45 am Wilson chapter 2

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greatgatsby_wilson_02.mp3

A man of few words :lol:
You amaze me, Alan! We've barely got the project out of the launch pad, and you're already delivering! Nice reading! You really get the essence of George Wilson's character (and your accent is great). Don't worry -- you'll get to drama it up in Chapter 7. I want to hear some real tears there... :lol:

Thanks, so much!
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

KDonProduction wrote: January 4th, 2021, 9:34 pm Hello! What an exciting project! Would I be able to read for the Police Officer and Mr. Sloane? I've read a few chapters and short stories on here but a dramatic reading sounds fun!
Thanks, Kyle!

That would be possible because the parts are far enough apart from each other. I just have one thought. Mr. Sloane looks at Gatsby with disdain and condescension and this disdain should be reflected in his voice. Along with Tom -- but Tom is forced by his wife to let Gatsby into their inner-circle -- Sloane represents "old money's" disdain for "self-made" wealth. The police officer (in Chapter 4 at least) is respectful, in awe, and a bit afraid of Gatsby. So if you could reflect the difference between the two in your reading, that would be great! The "police officer" role is actually a conglomeration of police officers, so you can use different voices in each chapter or the same.
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

May I read the Orchestra Leader? I haven't been signing up for roles lately because I'm not able to do any recording right now, but I didn't want this project to pass by without claiming some role. I anticipate being able to record again before the month is up, so I should still be able to make the two-month deadline.
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
KrepW

Post by KrepW »

can i read for woman1?
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

Mr. Klipspringer...early to the party, and most certainly the last to leave.

Chapter 5: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greatgatsby_klipspringer_5_128kb.mp3 (1:07)
Chapter 9: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greatgatsby_klipspringer_9_128kb.mp3 (1:23)

Quite pleased to contribute to this one - let me know if anything needs a tweak. Also open to CC beyond regular PL stuff if you'd prefer a different take on anything. Feel free to let me know here or by PM :)
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Readers Wanted: Seen on the Stage, by Clayton Hamilton
benderca

Post by benderca »

Salvationist wrote: January 5th, 2021, 7:29 pm May I read the Orchestra Leader? I haven't been signing up for roles lately because I'm not able to do any recording right now, but I didn't want this project to pass by without claiming some role. I anticipate being able to record again before the month is up, so I should still be able to make the two-month deadline.
No stress, David. You’ll have plenty of time. Now... if you’re planning to put together an orchestra to record PD pieces to play in the background, you may need a little more time... :lol:
benderca

Post by benderca »

KrepW wrote: January 5th, 2021, 9:08 pm can i read for woman1?
Sure! Thanks!

I'll reserve the part for you. I see you have not yet submitted your 1-minute test (just to see if your audio settings are correct for librivox).

Check out:

Newbie Guide to Recording
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

Then post your 1-minute test as a New Topic Here:
viewforum.php?f=21

Also, I'll need to know your catalogue name as well (the name you want listed on your catalogue page), then I can set you up.

Thanks & have fun!
TJ
Last edited by benderca on January 13th, 2021, 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
KrepW

Post by KrepW »

the name in the catalogue page can be different right?
benderca

Post by benderca »

KrepW wrote: January 6th, 2021, 11:59 pm the name in the catalogue page can be different right?
Sure. Whatever you want. My forum name is “benderca,” but my catalogue name is “TJ Burns.”
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

I would be very happy to pick up some of the male rolls you have left if that will help.

Cheers
Craig
bettenzoli

Post by bettenzoli »

hi there,
I'd take Woman 2, is it ok?
Thanks
Eleonora