The Student's Life of Washington by Washington Irving-ans

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Checking in to say I will probably be back to recording here soon :D :thumbs:
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Hello Don! I hope you are doing well through these rough times. I have brought you chapter 7, which is ready for PL! :D

Have a wonderful day! :D
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

Hi Elijah,

Chapter 7 is PL OK! :thumbs:

Doing OK. Staying healthy, so far, during the pandemic. Hoping you and your family are doing well, and it's great to see you back recording on the project. :)

Don
ej400

Post by ej400 »

DACSoft wrote: April 30th, 2020, 11:03 am Hi Elijah,

Chapter 7 is PL OK! :thumbs:

Doing OK. Staying healthy, so far, during the pandemic. Hoping you and your family are doing well, and it's great to see you back recording on the project. :)

Don
Awesome, thank you so much, Don! :D

Glad to hear you are doing well. I am doing well too, and my family is too.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Long time no action - Elijah do you think it is time to open this up ?

Anne
ej400

Post by ej400 »

annise wrote: January 7th, 2021, 2:07 am Long time no action - Elijah do you think it is time to open this up ?

Anne
I would like to continue this as a solo, it is on my clean up list for 2021 :D
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Update: I am still interested in completing this, I've got the next two sections recorded and I'll be making edits and uploads shortly.

Thank you!
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

ej400 wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 7:21 pm Update: I am still interested in completing this, I've got the next two sections recorded and I'll be making edits and uploads shortly.

Thank you!
Hi Elijah,

It's great to have you back! :clap:

RL can really raise havoc with the best-laid plans, but it (RL) should be your most important priority. I'm still here and happy to continue DPLing this project when you're ready. I'm a really patient DPL (heck, even my LV solos sometimes take me 3 years or more to record :shock: ), so no worries there. :D
Don (DACSoft)
Bringing the Baseball Joe series to audio!

In Progress:
The Arrival of Jimpson; Baseball Joe in the World Series
Next up:
Two College Friends; Baseball Joe Around the World
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

Hi Elijah,

Chapter 8 PL notes:

Technical: The recording was saved at a bitrate of 73 kbps variable instead of 128 kbps constant. Also, the volume was rather low at 83.7 dB (according to Checker), could be amplified about 5 dB.

@0:00 - 0:31 (intro): The intro was repeated variously, and appears to be a missed edit. The last version seems to be the best.

@9:46 - "… and sympathy with the survivors, soothed …" read as "… and sympathy with the warriors, soothed …"

@20:15 - "… kindled with the thickening horrors. In the vain hope …" read as "… kindled with the thickening honors. In the vain hope …"

@21:40 - "… so as to flank the reserve and carry …" read as "… so as to flank the reverse and carry …"

Overall it was a good reading. And it's good to hear your voice again. :thumbs:

Sorry for the PL delay on this one. :oops:
Don (DACSoft)

In Progress:
Next up:
ej400

Post by ej400 »

DACSoft wrote: November 6th, 2021, 10:46 am Hi Elijah,

Chapter 8 PL notes:

Technical: The recording was saved at a bitrate of 73 kbps variable instead of 128 kbps constant. Also, the volume was rather low at 83.7 dB (according to Checker), could be amplified about 5 dB.

@0:00 - 0:31 (intro): The intro was repeated variously, and appears to be a missed edit. The last version seems to be the best.

@9:46 - "… and sympathy with the survivors, soothed …" read as "… and sympathy with the warriors, soothed …"

@20:15 - "… kindled with the thickening horrors. In the vain hope …" read as "… kindled with the thickening honors. In the vain hope …"

@21:40 - "… so as to flank the reserve and carry …" read as "… so as to flank the reverse and carry …"

It's okay! Sorry of the delay in getting back to you! I'm still interested in this project, don't worry haha :mrgreen:
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Just giving an update, I am still interested in this project as a solo, and I do plan to upload more quite soon! :D I apologize for the delay, and for not giving any updates recently. :oops:
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Just take it slowly - it's not always easy working one's life out. Just plan for 1 step at a time.
Great to hear from you again :clap: :clap:

Anne
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

Hi Elijah,

I second what Anne said. I'm still active here, and ready to pick up DPLing where we left off, whenever you find you are ready to continue.

:thumbs:
Don (DACSoft)

In Progress:
Next up:
ej400

Post by ej400 »

DACSoft wrote: November 6th, 2021, 10:46 am Hi Elijah,

Chapter 8 PL notes:

I've made corrections to Chapter 8, ready for Spot PL

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/studentslifeofwashington_08_irving_128kb.mp3 new run time: 29:40

New corrections are at:

0:00
9:24
20:00
21:19

Thank you so much!
Elijah :D