Fast login timeout

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
dltrial

Post by dltrial »

I've noticed that if I login, type a post, even a short post, and click submit, It most often takes me back to the sign in page and my post is lost.

I try to remember to copy my post so that I can paste it back in again but why should I have to?

Does anyone else have this problem?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I've never experienced this. Could it be your browser settings?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I have no such experience, either. Do you have cookies enabled? Other security/privacy settings that are set higher than normal?
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

I lose a post this way from time to time. It happens when I haven’t logged in for a while (if I’m doing LV work for the afternoon or gained access to my account via the “Remember Me” feature). Unfortunately, the only way I have found to avoid losing my post is to ensure I copy the entirety of the post before clicking “Submit.” I agree, it’s annoying, and I learned I needed to copy my posts the hard way! I always copy any post that took me more than a few minutes to write now.
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Another option is to create your post in a text editor and save it on your computer. When you have it finished and edited to your satisfaction you can copy that and paste it in your forum post. I do this when I have a particularly long and/or complicated post to write.
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
dltrial

Post by dltrial »

I use the Epic Privacy browser with the proxy and it does seem to cause problems with many sites. I wonder how people using VPN's get anything done?