Complete[RELIGION/MEDICINE] Religion and Health by James J. Walsh-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

KevinS wrote: December 29th, 2020, 3:18 pm
KevinS wrote: December 12th, 2020, 5:03 pm
simonettix wrote: November 26th, 2020, 3:39 pm - section 5 (duration 22:27 min): https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/religionandhealth_05_walsh_128kb.mp3
A nice reading! All that might be done is to increase the volume of the first 6 minutes to match the rest of the recording.
May I have permission to make this edit, please? It will not affect any text but is simply the normalization of volume.
Sure, go ahead please!
Cheers,
Yuqing :D
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

KevinS wrote: December 29th, 2020, 3:13 pm
KevinS wrote: July 18th, 2020, 6:13 pm Section 18 has numerous repeats and/or stumbles. I have listened up to 16:45 and ask that you have a listen yourself so that you can correct these errors and others like them before I listen again to this chapter. (I think you contributed another chapter, too, and I would ask that you ensure that you have uploaded an edited file to the MW) The repeats and stumbles I have found in Section 18 are at 2:09, 7:53, 8:55, 9:45, 9:50, 14:07, 16:21, and 16:45 (where I stopped listening.) All look easy to fix. You're doing a great job except for these oversights.
Might we consider orphaning this section?
Judging from the time when the reader's last active, I'd say yes. I'll create a post to advertise this section!
Cheers,
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I can't record at this time, but I can try editing the existing file, if you like, and let you know if it's usable.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

OK, I was working on this, but there are a lot of words left out and word substitutions. I think it's not salvageable.

Don't forget to un-assign the section and remove the Listen URL and notes. ;)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

TriciaG wrote: December 30th, 2020, 9:03 am OK, I was working on this, but there are a lot of words left out and word substitutions. I think it's not salvageable.

I thought I might try, too, but it's just impossible.
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

TriciaG wrote: December 30th, 2020, 9:03 am OK, I was working on this, but there are a lot of words left out and word substitutions. I think it's not salvageable.

Done. Thanks for the reminder!
Cheers,
jNaugh

Post by jNaugh »

Hi, I'll be happy to pick up Section 18. I'm still wrapping up some other sections, so it'll take me about two weeks to get this done.
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

jNaugh wrote: December 31st, 2020, 5:41 am Hi, I'll be happy to pick up Section 18. I'm still wrapping up some other sections, so it'll take me about two weeks to get this done.
Glad you volunteered!
No worries; I'm more than happy with having it done in two weeks' time. :thumbs:
Cheers,
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

KevinS wrote: December 29th, 2020, 3:18 pm
KevinS wrote: December 12th, 2020, 5:03 pm
simonettix wrote: November 26th, 2020, 3:39 pm - section 5 (duration 22:27 min): https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/religionandhealth_05_walsh_128kb.mp3
A nice reading! All that might be done is to increase the volume of the first 6 minutes to match the rest of the recording.
May I have permission to make this edit, please? It will not affect any text but is simply the normalization of volume.
Volume corrected for Section 5. Section now marked PL OK.
Everae

Post by Everae »

Hi,

Sorry for the lack of update. Uh, should I not record the section I originally claimed?

The end of the year was unusually hectic for me and I forgot to come back and ask for an extension.

So, what's the go now?
simonettix

Post by simonettix »

Hello and a Happy New Year to everyone!

I am really sorry for my long absence, for missing the suggestion to increase the volume on the previous recording, as well as for the delay in recording the present section. It has been a quite hectic end of year, but things seem to be gradually setting into place; therefore I have been able to find time to record section 11(duration 30 min. 25sec). Here is the link to the recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/religionandhealth_11_walsh_128kb.mp3

Looking forward for your feedback,
Best regards,
Simona
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Everae wrote: January 5th, 2021, 10:29 pm Hi,

Sorry for the lack of update. Uh, should I not record the section I originally claimed?

The end of the year was unusually hectic for me and I forgot to come back and ask for an extension.

So, what's the go now?
I believe your claim was orphaned and assigned to someone else.

There are lots of other projects which might interest you and that are available. I hope you'll continue to take part.
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Everae wrote: January 5th, 2021, 10:29 pm Hi,

So, what's the go now?
If you check the first post in the thread, I'm afraid the two-month deadline generally applies to everyone's claim unless stated otherwise.

After the two-month period passes, if the reader holding on to the section has not asked for extension and hasn't been active on the forum, it is assumed that the reader can't make it any time soon. That's why we'll automatically revert the status of the section to "open" and welcome anyone interested to claim it.

Hope you'll find other projects just as fascinating, if not more, and continue contributing. :wink:

Thanks!
Cheers,
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

simonettix wrote: January 7th, 2021, 1:34 pm Hello and a Happy New Year to everyone!

I am really sorry for my long absence, for missing the suggestion to increase the volume on the previous recording, as well as for the delay in recording the present section. It has been a quite hectic end of year, but things seem to be gradually setting into place; therefore I have been able to find time to record section 11(duration 30 min. 25sec). Here is the link to the recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/religionandhealth_11_walsh_128kb.mp3

Best regards,
Simona
Don't worry! We understand how difficult it can be, especially given the special circumstances this particular year.
Thank you for the update - if you haven't realised, you're still quite ahead of time!
Cheers,
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

YuqingJune wrote: January 7th, 2021, 5:10 pm
simonettix wrote: January 7th, 2021, 1:34 pm Hello and a Happy New Year to everyone!

Best regards,
Simona
Don't worry! We understand how difficult it can be, especially given the special circumstances this particular year.
Thank you for the update - if you haven't realised, you're still quite ahead of time!
PL OK!