COMPLETE [BIBLE HISTORY] A Class-Book of Old Testament History by George Frederick Maclear-Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
digitizer

Post by digitizer »

RSlabaugh wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 2:16 pm
digitizer wrote: December 18th, 2020, 7:01 pm Hello.
Have uploaded my first effort @ 15m 51s
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classbookoldtestament_14_maclear_128kb.mp3
I selected MC 'leni'.
The recording passed the Checker app.
Please let me know
Cheers
Great readings! Just a few notes on each of your 3 sections... (I'm bolding whatever needs added or changed in some way.)

Section 14:
(These all from point 7 in first post.)
*No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording! (This one has a little over 2 seconds now.)
*"Book [Number]. Chapter [Number] of A Class-Book of Old Testament History. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
*NOTE: Please DO read the Scripture references in parentheses.

Section 45:
*"Book [Number]. Chapter [Number] of A Class-Book of Old Testament History. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
*At the end of the section, say:
"End of [Book [Number]. Chapter [Number]"

Section 75:
*No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording! (This one has @ 1.3 seconds now.)

Again, the reading itself was great! I really enjoyed hearing your Australian accent! :) Let me know if any of these notes are unclear.

Thanks,
Hi Rosebud
I think I have sorted my issue. I took the time to listen to other 'PL OK' recordings to understand what is expected re the scripture references.
I also worked out by this means the "1" is in fact a lower case "L", hence 50 in the roman numeral world.
Cheers
~ Digitizer
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

digitizer wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 6:09 pm Hi Rosebud
I think I have sorted my issue. I took the time to listen to other 'PL OK' recordings to understand what is expected re the scripture references.
I also worked out by this means the "1" is in fact a lower case "L", hence 50 in the roman numeral world.
Cheers
Awesome! Yes, you are correct. :)
~Rosebud
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

thomhaire wrote: December 24th, 2020, 8:16 am https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classicbookoldtestament_15_maclear_128kb.mp3

Last time I promise.

Runtime 12:22.61
This is PL OK :clap:

The filename is slightly off - 'classic' rather than 'class', but don't worry about it for this one. In the future you might find it helpful to copy and paste the example in the first post, then just modify the number to whatever is appropriate.

Happy New Year!
~Rosebud
thomhaire

Post by thomhaire »

RSlabaugh wrote: January 4th, 2021, 2:43 pm
thomhaire wrote: December 24th, 2020, 8:16 am https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classicbookoldtestament_15_maclear_128kb.mp3

Last time I promise.

Runtime 12:22.61
This is PL OK :clap:

The filename is slightly off - 'classic' rather than 'class', but don't worry about it for this one. In the future you might find it helpful to copy and paste the example in the first post, then just modify the number to whatever is appropriate.

Happy New Year!
Thank you. Believe it or not this was a big step for me. I will look into more works and follow you to sharpen up. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
tristanh04

Post by tristanh04 »

I can take 71, 72, 73, and 74.
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

Owlivia wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 4:11 pm Mindful of the historic dietary restrictions of those whose sacred texts we are reading,
🐷
yet not wanting to miss out,
may I claim
Sections
48, 49, and 50 (David)
and
74 - Daniel and Nebuchadnezzar
?

To quote my 3rd Grade teacher, Mrs. Nelson: "If you snooze, you loose." :lol:

Owlivia/Deborah

HOPPING UP AND DOWN AND WAVING. :mrgreen:
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
digitizer

Post by digitizer »

digitizer wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 6:09 pm
RSlabaugh wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 2:16 pm
digitizer wrote: December 18th, 2020, 7:01 pm Hello.
Have uploaded my first effort @ 15m 51s
I selected MC 'leni'.
The recording passed the Checker app.
Please let me know
Cheers
Great readings! Just a few notes on each of your 3 sections... (I'm bolding whatever needs added or changed in some way.)

Section 14:
*No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording! (This one has a little over 2 seconds now.)

Section 45:

Section 75:
*No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording! (This one has @ 1.3 seconds now.)

Again, the reading itself was great! I really enjoyed hearing your Australian accent! :) Let me know if any of these notes are unclear.

Thanks,
Hi Rosebud
Cheers
Hi Rosebud
Hi have redone section 14
I hope I have applied your feedback correctly.

Section 14:

Runtime 16:5.41
It has passed the Checker app
I will await your feedback before addressing the other two sections.
Cheers
~ Digitizer
Judges4

Post by Judges4 »

Section 24 PL ready.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classbookoldtestament_24_maclear_128kb.mp3

12:49:91

LMK if that chart reading will work.
-Jael <><
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Judges4 wrote: January 4th, 2021, 9:17 pm Section 24 PL ready.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classbookoldtestament_24_maclear_128kb.mp3

12:49:91

LMK if that chart reading will work.
Thank you!
I also have 14 Ready for Spot PL.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

digitizer wrote: January 4th, 2021, 8:39 pm Hi Rosebud

Section 14:

Cheers
~0.28 In the intro, the book title name is not needed since that is announced in the first chapter of the book.
~13:23 Optional cut: swallowing sound* "should swarm in the palace and the hut, * covering the face of the ground,"

Just a note... Your volume here is 91.8 dB, so it's right at the top of our accepted range. Don't worry about adjusting it for this, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to goal for a little closer to 89 with future recordings. But please don't stress out about it! :)

Excellent work! Let me know if there's anything about which you'd like specific feedback.

Thanks,
~Rosebud
digitizer

Post by digitizer »

RSlabaugh wrote: January 5th, 2021, 1:00 pm

Section 14:

Cheers
~0.28 In the intro, the book title name is not needed since that is announced in the first chapter of the book.
~13:23 Optional cut: swallowing sound* "should swarm in the palace and the hut, * covering the face of the ground,"

Just a note... Your volume here is 91.8 dB, so it's right at the top of our accepted range. Don't worry about adjusting it for this, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to goal for a little closer to 89 with future recordings. But please don't stress out about it! :)

Excellent work! Let me know if there's anything about which you'd like specific feedback.

Thanks,
Thanks, Rosebud
Appreciate the feedback
Would you like me to rectify the issues, bar the volume, or just note for future submissions?
Thanks
digitizer
~ Digitizer
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

digitizer wrote: January 5th, 2021, 3:26 pm
Thanks, Rosebud
Appreciate the feedback
Would you like me to rectify the issues, bar the volume, or just note for future submissions?
Thanks
digitizer
I left that pretty open ended, didn't I? I guess because I wasn't sure if it merited correction or not... I'd say let's call it good enough and let you get on to your other sections.

Thanks,
~Rosebud
digitizer

Post by digitizer »

Section 14:

Cheers

Thanks,
Thanks, Rosebud
Appreciate the feedback
Thanks
digitizer
Hi Rosebud
I decided to work on the audio file, primarily to better understand the functions of Audacity.
I have uploaded a new file with the issues addressed, I hope.
Looking forward to your feedback
Run time 16:0.73
It also passed the Checker app.
Thanks
~ Digitizer
ann8th

Post by ann8th »

Hi,

Let me try to record sections 32 to 34.
Please use my forum name for the recordings.

Thanks in advance! :)
Last edited by ann8th on January 6th, 2021, 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
digitizer

Post by digitizer »

digitizer wrote: January 5th, 2021, 4:07 pm

Thanks,
Thanks, Rosebud
Appreciate the feedback
Thanks
digitizer
Hi Rosebud
I decided to work on the audio file, primarily to better understand the functions of Audacity.
I have uploaded a new file with the issues addressed, I hope.
Looking forward to your feedback
Run time 16:0.73
Thanks
Hi Rosebud
I have addressed the issues with section 45 per the PL Notes

Section 45:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classbookoldtestament_45_maclear_128kb.mp3
Run time 15:14.31
Thanks again
~ Digitizer