[COMPLETE]Peter Piper's Practical Principles of Plain and Perfect Pronunciation - th

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. PL OK.

So now Chris (SonOfTheExile) is the only part missing.

Thanks, Todd
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. PL OK.

(Rosebud, I'll have the whole thing ready for your final PL shortly.)

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Completed poem ready for Final PL.

Thanks, Todd
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

:thumbs: I'm on it!
~Rosebud
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

~0.8 Cut out: "Blooper version"
Silences between twisters varies from 2-7 seconds. Is that something you'd like to modify?
~4:56 2 breaths right behind each other... (Optional edit, of course.)
~5:11-17 Outro to cut out
~6:17 Missing: 'P read by schrm'
~6:36 Letter Q twister missing
~7:42 Letter U twister missing
~8:20 XYZ twister missing

Did you forget to save or to upload?? :lol:
~Rosebud
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

RSlabaugh wrote: January 5th, 2021, 10:19 am ~0.8 Cut out: "Blooper version"
Silences between twisters varies from 2-7 seconds. Is that something you'd like to modify?
~4:56 2 breaths right behind each other... (Optional edit, of course.)
~5:11-17 Outro to cut out
~6:17 Missing: 'P read by schrm'
~6:36 Letter Q twister missing
~7:42 Letter U twister missing
~8:20 XYZ twister missing

Did you forget to save or to upload?? :lol:
I had an error in the link in MW. Not "01", should be just "1". Fixed link now. And I think that fixes all the errors you found. Sorry!

Todd
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

ToddHW wrote: January 5th, 2021, 10:34 am
I had an error in the link in MW. Not "01", should be just "1". Fixed link now. And I think that fixes all the errors you found. Sorry!

Todd
Yes, all's good now! :thumbs:

Everyone did great, and I enjoyed the listen! (Wait, who was it that I was going to pick on here?) :hmm:

Maybe this could be a required listen for new readers... Because, of course, we do want "to Prevent the Pernicious Prevalence of Perverse Pronunciation." 8-) :lol:
~Rosebud
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

This project is complete. Audio file - should you want to hear it all - can be found on our catalog page at https://librivox.org/peter-pipers-practical-principles-of-plain-and-perfect-pronunciation-by-anonymous/

Thanks, Todd

(Next time I might have to inflict The Dreaded Sentence with Twenty Volcano Names (TDSWTVN - search for it in the forum) which flummoxed me shortly after I originally joined: “Antisana and Cayambi are fashioned after Chimborazo, though the latter is table-topped rather than convex; Caraguairazo, Quirotoa, Iliniza, Sincholagua, Rumiñagui, and Corazon, resemble Altar; Tunguragua, Sangai, Llanganati, Cotocachí, Chiles, and Imbabura, imitate Cotopaxi; Pichincha, Atacatzo, and Guamani are irregular” (from "Andes and Amazon"). Oh, and maybe I'll make it Word Perfect PL by a native South American. That'll teach you to make sure your guess are correct!)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, Todd. I just had a listen. It's fabulous!

Any chance we could get a cast list on the catalogue page?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I decided that becuz the recording is so short, and since everyone says their name in the recording, the only name highlighted in the catalog page is the contest winner, Rosebud.

Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Well, fair's fair, I guess...

Grumble grumble... :?

:wink:
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

ToddHW wrote: January 5th, 2021, 2:10 pm This project is complete. Audio file - should you want to hear it all - can be found on our catalog page at https://librivox.org/peter-pipers-practical-principles-of-plain-and-perfect-pronunciation-by-anonymous/

Thanks, Todd

(Next time I might have to inflict The Dreaded Sentence with Twenty Volcano Names (TDSWTVN - search for it in the forum) which flummoxed me shortly after I originally joined: “Antisana and Cayambi are fashioned after Chimborazo, though the latter is table-topped rather than convex; Caraguairazo, Quirotoa, Iliniza, Sincholagua, Rumiñagui, and Corazon, resemble Altar; Tunguragua, Sangai, Llanganati, Cotocachí, Chiles, and Imbabura, imitate Cotopaxi; Pichincha, Atacatzo, and Guamani are irregular” (from "Andes and Amazon"). Oh, and maybe I'll make it Word Perfect PL by a native South American. That'll teach you to make sure your guess are correct!)
:clap: This was so much fun! I would definitely vote YES to a future challenge at some point with the forfeit being a reading of The Dreaded Sentence with Twenty Volcano Names! (The bloopers will undoubtedly be more numerous than they were for Peter Piper!)
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I'm so sorry Todd that this project (it was mine, by the way) has scarred you for the rest of your life... :?

Kudos to you for sticking it out though and rising through the ranks after all. :wink:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
schrm

Post by schrm »

ToddHW wrote: January 5th, 2021, 2:10 pm (Next time I might have to inflict The Dreaded Sentence with Twenty Volcano Names (TDSWTVN

Oh, and maybe I'll make it Word Perfect PL by a native South American. That'll teach you to make sure your guess are correct!)
challenge accepted.
thx
wolfi

(listening to the 8 minutes right now: fascinating :lol: )
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275