[CLOSED]Friendly Contest: Guess the 2020 Project Total

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
schrm

Post by schrm »

thx for that much fun @everyone!
:D :clap:

aaaand: :birthday: :clap: rose! congrats and i am eagerly awaiting your oscar speech :lol: :D
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

This was my New Year's Eve "count-up" - checking all evening in suspense to see what the final total at LV would be - and who guessed it! Much more exciting that the usual New Year's Eve count-down!
Thank you for all the fun this has given - Oh, how we needed such fun!
And wow! What a lot of books we produced this year! :clap:
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Hey... what just happened here while I was recovering from my Glorious Kazbek Victory countdown hangover? Let's get this straight now... one of us doesn't contribute a verse to the Piper, like everyone who entertained the remotest possibility of losing has done, and now of all people she's declared the winner! How dumb do you think we are to believe in a "coincidence" like that? Long story short, I SHALL NOT CONCEDE!!!

Added: Ok, I just reached out to someone who spent half a million dollars to learn how to read very small letters and they agreed to examine the fine print of the contest for me for a special discount fee of $1000. I've been advised to disavow the above statement and attribute it to Russian hackers (which, technically speaking, could very well be me, but I digress...) Long story short, WELL DONE, ROSEBUD!!! :clap:

Michael
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Kazbek wrote: January 1st, 2021, 2:23 pm Hey... what just happened here while I was recovering from my Glorious Kazbek Victory countdown hangover? Let's get this straight now... one of us doesn't contribute a verse to the Piper, like everyone who entertained the remotest possibility of losing has done, and now of all people she's declared the winner! How dumb do you think we are to believe in a "coincidence" like that? Long story short, I SHALL NOT CONCEDE!!!

Added: Ok, I just reached out to someone who spent half a million dollars to learn how to read very small letters and they agreed to examine the fine print of the contest for me for a special discount fee of $1000. I've been advised to disavow the above statement and attribute it to Russian hackers (which, technically speaking, could very well be me, but I digress...) Long story short, WELL DONE, ROSEBUD!!! :clap:

Michael
:lol: That's great! :) You know, you could file for wrong stipulations and urge that over shots be disqualified...
~Rosebud
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kazbek wrote: January 1st, 2021, 2:23 pm one of us doesn't contribute a verse to the Piper
Ah, but they volunteered to be DPL. An offer that is worth their weight in gold - not, of course, that any exchange of currency is implied....

Thanks, Todd
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

There's always someone...

(Usually it's me.)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Hmmm. There have been 17 items cataloged in the first 3 days of 2021. 17 items that if cataloged just a few days earlier would have put Twinkle88 at the top, after passing by Kitty, commonsparrow3, Availle, and silverquill. Wonder who cataloged those 17?

A friendlier way to look at this is that at this rate, we'll break 2000 in 2021!

Thanks, Todd
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

ToddHW wrote: January 4th, 2021, 8:04 am Hmmm. There have been 17 items cataloged in the first 3 days of 2021. 17 items that if cataloged just a few days earlier would have put Twinkle88 at the top, after passing by Kitty, commonsparrow3, Availle, and silverquill. Wonder who cataloged those 17?

A friendlier way to look at this is that at this rate, we'll break 2000 in 2021!

Thanks, Todd
Haha! I move that we form a committee to investigate.
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

ToddHW wrote: January 4th, 2021, 8:04 am Hmmm. There have been 17 items cataloged in the first 3 days of 2021. 17 items that if cataloged just a few days earlier would have put Twinkle88 at the top, after passing by Kitty, commonsparrow3, Availle, and silverquill. Wonder who cataloged those 17?

Thanks, Todd
The server logs have been erased that prove those filings were deliberately delayed by intentionally creating slow network traffic. I have proof! But the forum won't let me post all the data in the text box.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Thanks, Todd
What?! 17?!! Fishy, fishy... :hmm:
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Well, I know I was DPL for several projects that had just ONE section short of completion, and some of those just came in . . . . happens. And, there were those that just squeaked in on the last day. No challenges to the final tally here. :lol:
~ Larry
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Just concede and get it over with. :P
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

TriciaG wrote: January 4th, 2021, 10:11 am Just concede and get it over with. :P
I agree! Just look at how the 2020 U.S. election has got us thinking now. :D :D
Don (DACSoft)
Bringing the Baseball Joe series to audio!

In Progress:
The Arrival of Jimpson; Baseball Joe in the World Series
Next up:
Two College Friends; Baseball Joe Around the World
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

The best, wisest, most efficacious, sensible, and soundest advice I can give is to suggest we begin another contest. Maybe something to do with adjectives?
schrm

Post by schrm »

KevinS wrote: January 4th, 2021, 12:56 pm The best, wisest, most efficacious, sensible, and soundest advice I can give is to suggest we begin another contest. Maybe something to do with adjectives?
kevin, may i whisper a question to you?
why didn't you start another a2z collection?
:D
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275