[EDITING] [DramReading] The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald-mtf

Plays and other dramatic works
Shpadoinkle

Post by Shpadoinkle »

benderca wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 3:45 pm Your accent will be just fine. :D Since you'll be playing a different person in each chapter, you might want to alter you voice a bit. Have fun with it! :lol:
Awesome. ¡Thanks! :P
Nate

You’ll see white men cheat black men every day of your life, but remember — whenever a white man does that to a black man, no matter who he is, or how rich, or how fine a family he comes from, that white man is trash.To Kill a Mockingbird
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Okay, I've done Michaelis, but with more of a Jersey accent than Greek. (I could try for Greek, but the only Greek I know is a lovely women from Athens with something of a squeaky voice. I could try for Zorba?)

Of course, I'll compare my recording to the script when it's done and then turn it in.

I haven't done the voice credit though. Am I to do that? And with the accent?

EDIT: Well, maybe not Jersey. I was raised on Long Island, so...
benderca

Post by benderca »

mightyfelix wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 4:16 pm Oh yes, I suppose it should be!

EDIT: Done! Thanks, Tomas.
Whoops. I guess I am still struggling with the template... :help: :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Oh yes, I forgot to say, also... If you do come across a dramatic work that is in the catalogue as collaborative (or vice versa, I suppose), you can always drop a note in the Error reports forum. That's an easy fix to make. I may be mistaken, but I think that some of the earliest DRs were classified that way because it was a different system, and Dramatic work wasn't an option yet. That was before my time, of course, but in any case, let someone know and we'll fix it!
plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle »

how exciting to snag a small role in this! can I claim Horse Woman? and if multiple small parts are allowed, Mrs. McKee as well?
'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com
falsecitrine

Post by falsecitrine »

I'd like to read for Meyer Wolfshiem please! Slightly shady characters are the best 👌
benderca

Post by benderca »

KevinS wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 5:17 pm Okay, I've done Michaelis, but with more of a Jersey accent than Greek. (I could try for Greek, but the only Greek I know is a lovely women from Athens with something of a squeaky voice. I could try for Zorba?)

Of course, I'll compare my recording to the script when it's done and then turn it in.

I haven't done the voice credit though. Am I to do that? And with the accent?

EDIT: Well, maybe not Jersey. I was raised on Long Island, so...
lol! I'll give you your artistic license to decide Michaelis's accent. I'm sure all three would work... You might want to wait for the scripts, though, because I have given Michaelis some of the narrator's lines (whenever it is clear that Nick got the information from Michaelis). I'll try to post the scripts today. I'm just running a last minute comparison with the public domain sources.

And, yes, I'll need a voice credit at the beginning of your first chapter - it's your call as to which accent (you can also read it with your natural voice).
Last edited by benderca on January 3rd, 2021, 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
benderca

Post by benderca »

falsecitrine wrote: January 3rd, 2021, 12:25 am I'd like to read for Meyer Wolfshiem please! Slightly shady characters are the best 👌
I love playing shady characters myself! :twisted: Thanks!
benderca

Post by benderca »

plaidsicle wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 7:35 pm how exciting to snag a small role in this! can I claim Horse Woman? and if multiple small parts are allowed, Mrs. McKee as well?
Great! Yes, these two woman are far enough apart that you could do both. You could rename "Horse Woman" to look better on your resume if you like... :lol: - maybe "Equestrian" or "Gatsby's horseback-riding neighbor" or "Woman on horseback" or "Lady Godiva" (okay, maybe not the last one, but I was on a roll... :lol: ).

Mrs. McKee is representative of a lower class woman in the city, and horse woman is representative of the filthy rich, so you might want to change your voice a bit for each.

Thanks!
benderca

Post by benderca »

InTheDesert wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 2:22 am The great who?? ;)
lol! Good question! :lol:
InTheDesert wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 2:22 am It strikes me that the real challenge here is finding a 1925 dated scan. Not sure if the PG guys are on the job (I'm sure they are) but in the interim, the internet seems devoid of material for some reason.
Good thing we have Devorah on our team - she's amazing! :clap:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Aww, thanks. But I only reported the findings of the other admins. :lol:
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Ooooo. I shouldn't claim anything, but this is too good to pass up. Can I take Mr. McKee and Chauffeur?
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

I would like to do the Butler in Ch 7 and 9
Dan Cody in Ch 6
and the gardener of ch 8

please?
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
chancebarrington

Post by chancebarrington »

I would love to voice Catherine in Chapters 2 and 9. Can i ask for two parts? Miss Baedeker? It's 4 lines in Ch. 6, and should be separated enough from Catherine.
Last edited by chancebarrington on January 3rd, 2021, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ehuiskamp

Post by ehuiskamp »

Hi, I would love to be the reporter in chapter six if that is possible; however, I am open to any position you need to fill!