[COMPLETE] The Rainbow by D.H. Lawrence - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

linny wrote: December 27th, 2020, 6:58 am Kevin,
I've downloaded your recordings and will PL them for you. It will likely be tomorrow.
Thanks very much!
linny

Post by linny »

KevinS wrote: December 27th, 2020, 7:00 am
I've downloaded your recordings and will PL them for you. It will likely be tomorrow.
Thanks very much!
Kevin, Sections 52 and 53 are both PL OK. Great job. :)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

linny wrote: December 28th, 2020, 5:39 am
KevinS wrote: December 27th, 2020, 7:00 am
Thanks very much!
Kevin, Sections 52 and 53 are both PL OK. Great job. :)
Thank you!
LCair6

Post by LCair6 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rainbow_20_lawrence_128kb.mp3
Hello, and Happy Holidays !
I have now uploaded Section 20 , the length is 31mins and 36 secs.
Hope it is all OK.

best wishes
lcair6
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

LCair6 wrote: December 30th, 2020, 3:44 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rainbow_20_lawrence_128kb.mp3
Hello, and Happy Holidays !
I have now uploaded Section 20 , the length is 31mins and 36 secs.
Hope it is all OK.

best wishes
lcair6
Wonderful job! Really quite good!

The volume must come up some 6dB, though, and the closing text is missing, i.e. "End of Section 20."
LCair6

Post by LCair6 »

Oops ! thanks Kevin.
Any tips on how best to increase the sound level ? Is there a way to do that within audacity ... I already compressed and normalised but not sure where to go from there ?

thanks
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

LCair6 wrote: January 1st, 2021, 11:57 am Oops ! thanks Kevin.
Any tips on how best to increase the sound level ? Is there a way to do that within audacity ... I already compressed and normalised but not sure where to go from there ?

thanks
Myself, I don't bother with compression, but perhaps you have a cause for it.

As for normalizing, what I suggest would be to use ReplayGain---it's a free download, if you don't have it. ReplayGain will analyze your recording and then, using its normalize function, both normalizes and sets the volume to very close to 89dB.

Some people don't like to bother with ReplayGain, so they just adjust their microphone's gain until they get the desired volume.

Do you have the Checker program? It's very helpful. I'll post a link to it here in case you don't have it.

https://cgjennings.ca/projects/checker/
Last edited by KevinS on January 2nd, 2021, 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
LCair6

Post by LCair6 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rainbow_20_lawrence_128kb.mp3

Hi Kevin, thanks for your help and advice.
The amended version now posted.... I think this should be fine now.
best wishes
Lorraine
Mfassio

Post by Mfassio »

Thanks,

Michael

"Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it." — P.J. O’Rourke
Mfassio

Post by Mfassio »

Sidenote: I was watching an episode of Jeopardy! the other day I had recorded from Nov. 21st, and perked up with the following clue from the late and wonderful Alex Trebek, which I was of course easily able to answer:

"The Rainbow by this British Author was branded obscene after its 1915 release."

Thought folks would get a kick to know our little project might get attention from a listener someday thanks to what they learned on Jeopardy! :D
Thanks,

Michael

"Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it." — P.J. O’Rourke
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Mfassio wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 8:16 pm Sidenote: I was watching an episode of Jeopardy! the other day I had recorded from Nov. 21st, and perked up with the following clue from the late and wonderful Alex Trebek, which I was of course easily able to answer:

"The Rainbow by this British Author was branded obscene after its 1915 release."

Thought folks would get a kick to know our little project might get attention from a listener someday thanks to what they learned on Jeopardy! :D
Who is D. H. Lawrence?!
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

LCair6 wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 4:15 am https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rainbow_20_lawrence_128kb.mp3

Hi Kevin, thanks for your help and advice.
The amended version now posted.... I think this should be fine now.
best wishes
Lorraine
Hi Lorraine!! Thank you so much for the recording, I apologise for the time I took to update the MW (didn't get good reception where I spent the holidays :shock: )
Have a great day!
-SS
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

Mfassio wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 8:16 pm Sidenote: I was watching an episode of Jeopardy! the other day I had recorded from Nov. 21st, and perked up with the following clue from the late and wonderful Alex Trebek, which I was of course easily able to answer:

Thanks for the recordings! MW has been updated :)

Lawrence is known for being quite the sensation in his time. Lady Chatterley's Lover was his first book that I read and even living in the times I did, I found myself blushing at some point or the other, I think he earned his place in literary history by being scandalous. His genius is in being blatantly risqué, without that he would be quite ordinary I think.
LCair6

Post by LCair6 »

No problem Shreya . Hope you had a lovely time :)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Mfassio wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 8:08 pm Sections 22 ... for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rainbow_22_lawrence_128kb.mp3 (14:07)
PL OK!