COMPLETE! Virginia's Adventure Club by Grace May North -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Michele,

As I am going through my MC list, I see that this project could use a little kick-start. I would recommend that you orphan the outstanding claims since they are all well past 2 months, and the readers have not logged on to the forums in that time period. The latter is also true of the readers with files that have outstanding PL notes. For the sections that just need the beginning/end silence adjusted, you (or I) can do that so they can be marked OK. For the two which seem to have numerous issues, I will leave it up to you whether you think they can be edited by someone other than the original reader. If you need help with any of the above, just let me know.

Thanks,
Jo
Jo
wib66

Post by wib66 »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: November 4th, 2020, 1:29 pm Hi Michele,

As I am going through my MC list, I see that this project could use a little kick-start. I would recommend that you orphan the outstanding claims since they are all well past 2 months, and the readers have not logged on to the forums in that time period. The latter is also true of the readers with files that have outstanding PL notes. For the sections that just need the beginning/end silence adjusted, you (or I) can do that so they can be marked OK. For the two which seem to have numerous issues, I will leave it up to you whether you think they can be edited by someone other than the original reader. If you need help with any of the above, just let me know.

Thanks,
Jo
Hi Jo many thanks for the heads up. I will work through the PL notes and see what needs to be done. Happy to do the edits on those that can be done I think there are a couple of files that might not be useable but will check and let you know . Thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'm going through some things in the database, and it looks like this project is open once again, is that right?
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Yes, that is correct. I hadn't changed the status and moved it back to Readers Wanted yet, because I was waiting for Michele to see whether there would be any additional open sections.
Jo
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

:thumbs: Thanks. I was updating the Project Status Table and wanted to know whether it should be included.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: November 7th, 2020, 1:54 pm Yes, that is correct. I hadn't changed the status and moved it back to Readers Wanted yet, because I was waiting for Michele to see whether there would be any additional open sections.
Hi so sorry I overlooked this post I have checked the files and I can carry out the edits so no need to open them up thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

I have now edited and updated all the outstanding files
Michele
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

I would like to claim Chapters 30, 31, 32 and 33
Russ Bruno
floridaisy

Post by floridaisy »

I would like to claim Sections 13 and 25, please.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Shasta wrote: January 1st, 2021, 4:07 pm I would like to claim Chapters 30, 31, 32 and 33
Thank you for claiming I will sign you up
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

floridaisy wrote: January 1st, 2021, 5:35 pm I would like to claim Sections 13 and 25, please.
Thank you for claiming I will sign you up
Michele
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

Here is Chapter 30. I previously uploaded this chapter but had forgotten to check and adjust the volume. I have now done that and the following is the adjusted file.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/virginiasadventureclub_30_north_128kb.mp3 Time: 13:30
Russ Bruno
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

Here is Chapter 31

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/virginiasadventureclub_31_north_128kb.mp3 Time: 25:15

I have been recording for several years, now, with no complaints about my voice, pace, etc. However, when I do the editing, I am now somewhat prone to be unhappy with the way my voice sounds to me and also the pace with which I read. I am quite old and I think one's voice certainly does deteriorate along with a lot of other bodily functions. So, would you please provide me with your unsparing opinion of my recording voice quality, pace, etc., etc.?
Russ Bruno
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

Russ Bruno
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Shasta wrote: January 5th, 2021, 4:15 pm Here is Chapter 32.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/virginiasadventureclub_32_north_128kb,.mp3 Time: 9:51
THank you for your section
Michele