Covermakers Chat Thread

Non-reading activities need your help too!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I don't think that's necessary, really. Given that we have a 2-week proposed deadline to get the covers in, 3 claims doesn't mean we're getting the covers faster.

But it is the weekend, so maybe our cover producers have a bit more time than usual. I just might. :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

And if makers claim 2 covers and submit one of them, they can go back and claim another. So I don't think the project limit is really a limitation. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Sometimes I like to sit on a cover for a day or so because I'm not happy with it especially if it's one I wasn't keen on making on no one else was either.

Anne
msfry

Post by msfry »

Okay, I claimed 2 of them, but I doubt I can get the covers by midnight tonight! Is this a race against the clock?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

No more than other covers. :)
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Hey Happy new year for allá of you. I'd like to preclaim the cover for "Orgullo y prejuicio vol 2" which i've finished to record but there aré 3 chapters without PL yet. I don't know if this Is the correct way to so ir. But i already done the cover, that's why I'm interested in claiming it.
One book to rule them all and in the Public Domain bind them
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

phileasfogg wrote: January 1st, 2021, 11:37 am Hey Happy new year for allá of you. I'd like to preclaim the cover for "Orgullo y prejuicio vol 2" which i've finished to record but there aré 3 chapters without PL yet. I don't know if this Is the correct way to so ir. But i already done the cover, that's why I'm interested in claiming it.
I've entered the preclaim for you. This request is made in the CD Covers Working Thread, but that's okay. ;)
schrm

Post by schrm »

michele, is myths and folclore a cover series of you?
the books aren't grouped, number 5 is in the catalogue already, number 4 is in the claimslist and you did them alle..
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
msfry

Post by msfry »

schrm wrote: January 1st, 2021, 12:50 pm michele, is myths and folclore a cover series of you?
the books aren't grouped, number 5 is in the catalogue already, number 4 is in the claimslist and you did them alle..
It isn't grouped yet but I think it should be. Thanks for the heads up. Happy New Year.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Barring any other admin objections, I've made MLAW collections into a group. That doesn't really have much to do with calling something a series for the sake of cover claims, though. :) I have no objections to Michele being the pre-claimant for that series. Go for it.

Do you want me to put you in for the next volume?
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

By the way, thanks for all the great covers for the MLAWs :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Just let me explain - there is no magic way to make claims for "cover series" - it isn't built into the claim software or anything like that, it depends on someone making a claim for you - and that someone is at the moment me. And "mistakes" will happen which will lead to ill will around the covers - I am not prepared to be blamed for them

Anne
msfry

Post by msfry »

TriciaG wrote: January 1st, 2021, 3:46 pm Barring any other admin objections, I've made MLAW collections into a group. That doesn't really have much to do with calling something a series for the sake of cover claims, though. :) I have no objections to Michele being the pre-claimant for that series. Go for it.

Do you want me to put you in for the next volume?
I don't want to deprive anyone else of making covers for this group if they want them, but I'm happy to do them for awhile. Whatever works best for everyone.
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Grateful thanks to TriciaG!

for her cover for:

https://librivox.org/history-of-modern-philosophy-by-alfred-william-benn/

My best,

Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

Thank you very much to Anne for the cover of Twenty by Stella Benson. I can't believe you designed something that looks so nice so swiftly!
Erin