Don't you hate...

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
lysmrie

Post by lysmrie »

Quite a funny story, that does seem to be a bit annoying but I'm glad that you can joke about it after.
AngeliqueAnja

Post by AngeliqueAnja »

The buiding site in the street behind mine.... Hammer, Hammer, Hammer, from 7am in the morning till who only knows when....

My cats jumping up, walking over the keyboard, using the mic as a chin scratch...

I have to cut out the dog's snoring... Or his clambering around the room (hard wood floors)

Helicopters as someone mentioned....
DR: The Mystery of a Hansom Cab (Readers Wanted)
SOLO The Fairy Latchkey

I am without internet at the moment. Not sure for how long.
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

AngeliqueAnja wrote: December 31st, 2020, 3:52 pm using the mic as a chin scratch...
i know this get annoying, but :lol: :lol:
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Oh, Angelique, then I’m not the only one whose cats interfere with the recording process! :lol: my cats haven’t quite gotten the idea to use the mic like that yet. They like to jump up behind the computer (we keep our pc in a big wooden hutch) and keep an eye on things as well as unplug the recording software. :lol:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
AngeliqueAnja

Post by AngeliqueAnja »

My main PC is actually a Laptop that I dual screen and connect to a separate keyboard and mouse... They don't get that they can't sit on the laptop keyboard even though I'm not using it (I'm also a writer working on original content and one of them deleted an entire section...) And one of the girls is huge baby at the moment, liking to sit in my arms and purr (which is great) but boy can she purr... And then I can't record...
SOLO The Fairy Latchkey

ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Feh, I was hoping to get in a little more recording in 2020 but I may have to forego, the fireworks are already starting up. At least with legal fireworks in GA now, there's less gunfire, tho we'll still have some of that at midnight too. Bleah.

Colleen, there's always prooflistening!
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

At least with legal fireworks in GA now, there's less gunfire, tho we'll still have some of that at midnight too.
I don't know whether to laugh, groan, or faint. :help:
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
AngeliqueAnja

Post by AngeliqueAnja »

Meh... we're almost 12 hours into 2021 here...
SOLO The Fairy Latchkey

ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

TriciaG wrote: December 31st, 2020, 5:47 pm
At least with legal fireworks in GA now, there's less gunfire, tho we'll still have some of that at midnight too.
I don't know whether to laugh, groan, or faint. :help:
It's pretty bad. The years that I worked the overnight shift as a police officer, we would change at 11 instead of our normal midnight so that no one was outside loading or unloading their vehicles when the gunshots started. At about 11:55 we would all go pull under underpasses and sit for 10 minutes or so til it slowed down. Idiots don't appreciate that bullets don't magically disappear, but fall back down, and a thin car metal roof isn't much protection.

Then we would spend the rest of the night going to calls where people are calling 911 to complain about gunshots and not being able to find the shooters (and the callers never want to meet with us to give even an inaccurate idea of the direction), and as soon as it starts to get light we start going to take reports of damage where projectiles fell on cars or roofs. Fun!

At least now the worst thing is that the noise makes our dog nervous and he gets gassy. I can live with it.

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

AngeliqueAnja wrote: December 31st, 2020, 5:56 pm Meh... we're almost 12 hours into 2021 here...
How is it? Better than 2020?

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

AngeliqueAnja

Post by AngeliqueAnja »

ColleenMc wrote: December 31st, 2020, 6:03 pm
How is it? Better than 2020?

Colleen
My state which spent much last year on Tier 4 lockdowns to battle the virus is closing our boarders with the neighbouring states again... Oh and masks are mandatory again... Yay! I have to say, I can't tell the difference...
SOLO The Fairy Latchkey

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

AngeliqueAnja wrote: December 31st, 2020, 5:23 pm They don't get that they can't sit on the laptop keyboard even though I'm not using it (I'm also a writer working on original content and one of them deleted an entire section...)
I’m a writer too and yes, my 20 pound tabby once deleted like two whole chapters of my in-progress book :lol: :roll: I guess that’s what comes with being a cat parent.

Happy (almost) new year! I’m in PST so I’ve got approximately four hours to go.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
AngeliqueAnja

Post by AngeliqueAnja »

JayKitty76 wrote: December 31st, 2020, 9:11 pm
I’m a writer too and yes, my 20 pound tabby once deleted like two whole chapters of my in-progress book :lol: :roll: I guess that’s what comes with being a cat parent.
Oh man... 2 chapters.... mine was only a paragraph... But the other cat did crash Audacity ruining almost an hours worth of work...
SOLO The Fairy Latchkey

barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

AngeliqueAnja wrote: December 31st, 2020, 10:31 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: December 31st, 2020, 9:11 pm
Oh man... 2 chapters.... mine was only a paragraph... But the other cat did crash Audacity ruining almost an hours worth of work...
Oh dear. My ginger boy tries to eat the desktop computer - nibbles little bits of it, is partial to cables....

You folks are writers? I guess you've investigated syncing to a Cloud Service?

Best,

Barbara
Last edited by barbara2 on January 1st, 2021, 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

If you calculate the size of a cat footprint, and the key combinations that it will encompass, you can get your computer to disregard a cat walking across your keyboard.

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox