Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Chapters 15 and 16 are PL-OK!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

I've taken the extra couple of seconds off 13. It's an easy fix so might as well do so :D

I will edit chapter 14 later today :)

Thanks for listening!
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Chapters 13, 17, and 18 are PL-OK!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

I have fixed chapter 14 :)
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Chapters 14, 19, 20, 22, and 23 are all PL-OK!

ashleighjane wrote: December 27th, 2020, 4:56 pm Also, i think that somewhere in section 21 i mispronounced the word 'vehemence' but i wasn't able to fix it at the time i was listening and forgot to note when it was. if you spot that please let me know when it is and i will fix it :D
You would ask me to check for this and oddly enough I struggle with that word and have been flagged for mispronouncing it :lol:

Chapter 21 Note:
10:33 starts the sentence with the word "vehemence" which should be pronounced "vee-uh-mence" aka: vē-ə-mən(t)s in case you are familiar with diacritical marks.
(I could go on a whole tangent of having to learn every possible pronunciation of hundreds of words using the diacritical marks as a spelling bee pronouncer for the school district I worked at.)

Anywho, I am enjoying the story and hope to finish listening either tonight or early tomorrow!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

jennlea wrote: December 31st, 2020, 6:18 am Chapters 14, 19, 20, 22, and 23 are all PL-OK!

ashleighjane wrote: December 27th, 2020, 4:56 pm Also, i think that somewhere in section 21 i mispronounced the word 'vehemence' but i wasn't able to fix it at the time i was listening and forgot to note when it was. if you spot that please let me know when it is and i will fix it :D
You would ask me to check for this and oddly enough I struggle with that word and have been flagged for mispronouncing it :lol:

Chapter 21 Note:
10:33 starts the sentence with the word "vehemence" which should be pronounced "vee-uh-mence" aka: vē-ə-mən(t)s in case you are familiar with diacritical marks.
(I could go on a whole tangent of having to learn every possible pronunciation of hundreds of words using the diacritical marks as a spelling bee pronouncer for the school district I worked at.)

Anywho, I am enjoying the story and hope to finish listening either tonight or early tomorrow!
Thanks :D i always struggle with vehemence, youd think i would have learned by now lol.

Im doing a 24 hour shift so i'll fix that when im home from work tomorrow
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Happy New Year!!

Chapters 24, 26, and 27 are PL-OK!

Chapter 26 Notes:

Just a couple of repeats to cut out.

0:32- repeat of "Influenced by Mignon's tale of her...came in for her share of blame"; sounds like the correct phrase is at 0:44

13:03- repeat of "I wented"

I kept hoping the book would fill me in on what had happened during their freshmen year. I guess I'll need to listen to that book to find out the whole story :lol:
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

Chapters 21 and 26 are ready for spot pl :D

As for what happened in the freshman year, it really isn't as dramatic and this book would like you to think :lol: perhaps dramatic from a teenagers point of view, i suppose lol
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

ashleighjane wrote: January 1st, 2021, 12:15 pm Chapters 21 and 26 are ready for spot pl :D

As for what happened in the freshman year, it really isn't as dramatic and this book would like you to think :lol: perhaps dramatic from a teenagers point of view, i suppose lol
And both are now PL-OK!

Everything is dramatic from a teenager's point of view :lol:

Thank you for letting me join you as DPL! I enjoyed listening to you again!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

Lok, that's true :lol:

Thank you for listening! :)
linny

Post by linny »

Congratulations! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/marjorie-dean-high-school-sophomore-by-jessie-graham-flower/ :clap: :clap: :clap: