'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for adonis (Tony Addison) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello, my name's Patrick. I love what you guys do by immortalizing books with the human voice. One such voice is Tony Addison's which transcends the ages. I want to thank him for his work and would like to personally get in touch with him. His reading of the Egyptian Book of the Dead is epic. Please let him know and pass on my email address to him. Thanks very much!

All of Tony's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for LenXZ1 (Leonard Wilson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
A very sincere thank you to Leonard Wilson for his unbelievably amazing reading of "Keep Going" by Edgar A Guest

my kids were like "he sounds so nice" !!!!
and indeed, I hope his warm voice will encourage all of Canada as I posted an inspirational Keep Going video driving through Bradford, Ontario to all Canadians who need encouragement on my Tribute to Canada website

Wherever you are, Leonard Wilson, please know that I think many will be encouraged by the words of "Keep Going" that couldn't have been better read -it's just not possible!!! as I was encouraged and my whole family

Keep going, Leonard Wilson, the world needs you and your warm voice (also so clear and well-articulated)!!!!
Carolyn

All of Leonard's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Justin Brett (Justin Brett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Justin, I ‘randomly’ happened upon your reading of a CH Spurgeon (#193) sermon on LibriVox. This is just to say thanks so much for the donation of your skillful and empatheic rendering. I do hope you will consider doing more of those…you have a great gift…. much appreciated, --Dan

All of Justin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for THynes (Tadhg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear T Hynes. I've just completed listening to your reading of David Copperfield by Dickens.

https://librivox.org/david-copperfield-by-charles-dickens-version-2/

I thoroughly enjoyed your reading & think that this is now my favorite Dickens novel. What an epic, of so many parts! You did wonderfully with all the different character voices & your own obvious interest in the story helped engross this reader to the last.

I do a mind-numbing job, & listening to a well-read audio book really helps me get through the day. I greatly appreciate all your efforts & will be listening to some of your other Librivox recordings now.

Many thanks, & wishing you & all your loved ones a happy, healthy Xmas & new year.

Adrian

All of Tadhg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. Mark Smith,

I just wanted to let you know how much I greatly appreciate all of the Librivox readings you have done. Not only do you do an amazing job of reading with a clear, articulate, and pleasant voice, but the types of literature you read are very similar to mine. Therefore, I often will choose books specifically because you read them, without otherwise knowing what it is about.

I used to have serious difficulty with falling asleep at night, because my mind would be wanting to rehash and solve everything that was happening in my life, but I have found that listening to books, especially yours, helps me forget about it all for a while and sleep much better.

Thank you so much for the thousands of hours of your own valuable time you have given for us!

Joe
Loveland, Colorado

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MaryAnnSpiegel (MaryAnn) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to take a moment just to say a warm Thank You to MaryAnn Spiegel. Thank you for lending your voice and Talents for the reading of Anna Karenina. It trully is my favorite recording. You gave the tale the warmth it deserved. Thank you.
and...
I'd like to compliment MaryAnn Spiegel on her reading and thank her for such quality work. I've listened to Henry Van Dyke's Valley of Vision and a collection of sermons by Alexander Whyte about Bunyan's characters in Pilgrim's Progress. I love these authors, but I also really enjoy Ms. Spiegel's reading of them.

MaryAnn, I looked you up on LinkedIn and noted your legal career. I practiced law for a long time and I'm enjoying a different use of my law degree now. More importantly, I'm glad your legal career allows time to record quality books.

Many thanks. Jon. Indianapolis, IN.

All of MaryAnn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MonikaR (Monika Rolley) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I've been listening to (and greatly enjoying) The Mayor's Wife by Anna Katherine Green in which Ms Rolley reads multiple chapters, and I just wanted to send a thank you note along with my sincere wish that this reader will continue to record more readings with Librivox.

I think it's fair to say that all of the readers on this book do an excellent job which, in my experience, is generally the case with all Librivox readers, giving of their time freely as they do. However, we all know that different readers are pleasing to different ears, as it were. And in Ms. Rolley's reading, my ears have found absolute delight. For that, my thanks and appreciation are hers.

My thanks and appreciation too to all those involved in the non-reading roles for Librivox, from editing and proof listening to cataloging and web development.

Best wishes,

Owen,
Ireland.

All of Monika's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
CarolynCanada

Post by CarolynCanada »

Thank you Romano for your Christmas carols! Every one is super.

I made a music video for O Little Town of Bethlehem with your beautiful rendition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0rco9XGi_M

I listened to every single one of your Christmas carols in all the years' collections once I figured out how great your voice and music and adaptation of the carols were.

O Little Town of Bethlehem is thrilling!
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

icequeen wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 8:21 pm Praise received for lurcherlover (Peter Thomlinson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Peter

Thank you for your expressive, entertaining reading.
Too many short stories to list, but all very well done.

Especially love the dry humour that comes through,
for example the intonation of "or to volunteer" in
your intro to The Wrong House by Guy de Maupassant
(at https://librivox.org/short-story-collection-vol-078-by-various/)

Best regards

Jonathan

Nottingham, England.

All of Peter's recordings!
Great, intriguing review! Having read it, I run to listen to that book too! :D
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

With great pleasure I have listened to another collection of science fiction
https://librivox.org/3-science-fiction-stories-by-gerald-vance-by-gerald-vance/
in a chic performance of Phil Chenevert, to which I express my sincere gratitude for the excellent reading - however, as always. Wonderful intonation, practicing different roles, people and characters - everything is on top! Of course, because of the gaps in the English language, I do not always understand everything, but such listenings help me a lot to improve the perception of the English!
Thanks and all the best to Phil Chenevert!
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

icequeen wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 8:19 pm Praise received for the readers of The Clue of the Twisted Candle from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just listened to The Clue of the Twisted Candle, I think it is the best collaborative book
I have listed to to date. Please thank,

Lizzie Driver
Silver
J. M. Smallheer
Jason Oakley
Chuck Spann
Christabel
Brett Condron
Gesine
krithiga

RedToby
Ian Skillen
Larysa Jaworski
Thanks
Mike
Dear Icequeen, tell me please, will all of these readers be noticed about this praise?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

HandmadePSK wrote: December 26th, 2020, 7:37 pm
icequeen wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 8:19 pm Praise received for the readers of The Clue of the Twisted Candle from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just listened to The Clue of the Twisted Candle, I think it is the best collaborative book
I have listed to to date. Please thank,

Lizzie Driver
Silver
J. M. Smallheer
Jason Oakley
Chuck Spann
Christabel
Brett Condron
Gesine
krithiga

RedToby
Ian Skillen
Larysa Jaworski
Thanks
Mike
Dear Icequeen, tell me please, will all of these readers be noticed about this praise?
Yes, as soon as I put this PM together!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

icequeen wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 8:21 pm Praise received for lurcherlover (Peter Thomlinson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Peter

Thank you for your expressive, entertaining reading.
Too many short stories to list, but all very well done.

Especially love the dry humour that comes through,
for example the intonation of "or to volunteer" in
your intro to The Wrong House by Guy de Maupassant
(at https://librivox.org/short-story-collection-vol-078-by-various/)

Best regards

Jonathan

Nottingham, England.

All of Peter's recordings!
Oh, yeah, that piece is especially cool, thank you!
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

In this thread, I met a mention of "Short Story Collection Vol. 078"
https://librivox.org/short-story-collection-vol-078-by-various/ and went to listen. Indeed, an excellent selection!
Among the general high level, I would especially like to note:

"The Puzzle" by Anonymous read by Lynne T - especially pleasant female voice, comic intonations in the proper places;
"A Young Man in a Hurry" by Robert W. Chambers read by Colleen McMahon - really romantic and touching story, well-read by mr. McMahon with careful role-play;
"Three Guesses" by David Goodis - brisk and easy read by Chris Pyle;
"The Soul of the Violin" by Margaret Mantel Merrill read by Wayne Cooke - especially soulful and dedication. As a lover of playing the jew's harp and feeling the soul of a musical instrument, it was especially close and pleasant to me;
"Two Farmers" by Carolyn Wells read by Dale Grothmann - smiled and reminded "The Aesop`s fables" in its brevity;
and, of course, special thanks to Peter Thomlinson for the hard work well done and a great read! Among other things, the reminder of Sherlock Holmes suggested that it may very well be, with his character and thinking, the jew's harp could be even more interesting to him than the violin.

Thank you all and all the best! :clap:
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

20 Short Science Fiction Stories
https://librivox.org/20-short-science-fiction-stories-by-various/
An excellent selection of exciting short stories, extremely well read in a very pleasant voice, with an expressive study of roles, intonations and more. Just brilliant, thanks to KirksVoice! :clap:
And Happy New Year to everyone! :)