'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

"One Out of Ten" by J. Anthony Ferlaine, read by Juli Carter is something incredible! Exceptionally pleasant voice and interesting intonations. I listened to it several times, at intervals of several days. Unfortunately, Juli Carter's profile has been inactive since 2014, but I sincerely wish her all the best! :thumbs:
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Thanks to Laura Caldwell for a calm, interesting and inspiring reading of "Fifty Famous Stories Retold" by James BALDWIN. The girl tried and read these stories beautifully, some of which were known to me earlier, in different languages.
Thanks and all the best! :thumbs:
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

I was sure that yesterday I left a couple of kind words to Phil Chenevert for a successful and expressive reading of "3 Science Fiction Stories" by Frank Herbert in topic "New Here? Introduce Yourself!", but today for some reason I don't see that entry. I'll try to duplicate it here.
It looks like Phil has quite a few good records in the science fiction style, which I listen to with great pleasure.
Thanks to him & all the best! :thumbs:
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

The little red switch ... Flick! .. Flick! .. Flick! .. Flick! .. Flick! .. (the end of "Of all possible worlds" by W. Tenn)
It so interestingly coincided that, having downloaded a random series of science fiction, for several days now I have been listening to Phil Chenevert with pleasure. And people of all ages, professions and characters speak in his voice. And not only people, but also robots, aliens and anyone else.
The nature of sowing your voice, your vibrations, on the Internet is like sowing yourself into a universal database. And Phil Chenevert leaves its bright trace of the soul and considerable work invested in the reading, which is quite capable of giving pleasure to listeners hundreds and even thousands of years after us ... Yes, he will not have to be ashamed of his heritage on this earth! Bravo! Thanks and good luck!
:clap:
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Lynne_C (Lynne Carroll) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I wanted to thank

Lynne Carroll for the great job she did on this book. I felt like I was listening to

The author herself and it was so enjoyable!

Jessica

All of Lynne's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
A huge thank you to the reader of the Oz books, the man from Baton Rouge.

I listen to them at night, and find his readings marvelous. Just finished Marvelous Land of Oz for the second time!

Dave

All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for the readers of The Clue of the Twisted Candle from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just listened to The Clue of the Twisted Candle, I think it is the best collaborative book
I have listed to to date. Please thank,

Lizzie Driver
Silver
J. M. Smallheer
Jason Oakley
Chuck Spann
Christabel
Brett Condron
Gesine
krithiga

RedToby
Ian Skillen
Larysa Jaworski
Thanks
Mike
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for lurcherlover (Peter Thomlinson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Peter

Thank you for your expressive, entertaining reading.
Too many short stories to list, but all very well done.

Especially love the dry humour that comes through,
for example the intonation of "or to volunteer" in
your intro to The Wrong House by Guy de Maupassant
(at https://librivox.org/short-story-collection-vol-078-by-various/)

Best regards

Jonathan

Nottingham, England.

All of Peter's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for AndreaFiore (Andrea Fiore) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just wanted to thank Andrea for her reading of The Power of Concentration. I have listened to it numerous times and have not only really enjoyed it but have learned a great deal. I do have a question about one section of the book if she has time to answer it, however. There is one small part that appears as if she has skipped some content, as the sentences don't track one another. I don't know if readers respond to these types of inquires so I won't list my question here but if she would kindly get back to me I would appreciate it.

Please tell her I very much appreciate her choice of books and look forward to listening to others she has read.

Teresa

All of Andrea's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for the readers of Paradise Lost from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I am auditing Paradise Lost through online Dartmouth College with link to Librivox for readings.
The readings of Paradise Lost thru your website were INVALUABLE and really helped me to understand a difficult piece of literature.
I will use your website for future literature classes.
Again thanks for a wonderful job from all the readers!
Mary Ellen

Paradise Lost (Group Project)
Paradise Lost (Solo Project)
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for LibraryLady (Annie Coleman Rothenberg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thanks, Annie, for reading Huck Finn!

Listening to it many, many times. Great read.

Andrea

All of Annie's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Sandra7 (Sandra G) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I have just finished listening to Poor Miss Finch and I want to express my warmest thanks for your work.

Your reading is impeccable and meaningful . You have managed to bring to life every character in the novel (especially Reverend Finch) .It has been most delightful listening to you .Thank you for all the work you have put in to provide us with this reading. You are one of the best readers I have heard so far . I will definitely look for your other reading pieces . A thousand thanks

All of Sandra's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ChrisMS (Christopher Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Christopher Smith

Your Andrew Murray reading is particularly delightful! 😀

All of Christopher's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Rowen (Lizzie Driver) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you Lizzie Driver, I so much enjoy listening to you read. Your cadence, your tone and your style are wonderful. Thank you very much. The above mentioned title is just one example, but whenever I hear your voice I feel better.

Charles
Oregon, US

All of Lizzie's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I should like to thank this woman (I should like to say lady but is that not allowed now?) for the hours of pleasure she has given me.
Christopher.

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!