COMPLETE [grp] For the Temple: A Tale of the Fall of Jerusalem By: G. A. Henty - lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
flutr87

Post by flutr87 »

Hi Linny (I think:)) I was scrolling through the readers wanted and caught this George Henty book. I'd be glad to read chapters 2 and 3. His books are great historical fiction for boys to read. They are definitely a stretch in comparison to modern young adult literature, but well worth the reading.
Joan
linny

Post by linny »

flutr87 wrote: September 11th, 2020, 1:43 pm Hi Linny (I think:)) I was scrolling through the readers wanted and caught this George Henty book. I'd be glad to read chapters 2 and 3. His books are great historical fiction for boys to read. They are definitely a stretch in comparison to modern young adult literature, but well worth the reading.
Joan
Wonderful! Thank you for helping out.
AlongsideMom

Post by AlongsideMom »

Great author! There is an audio drama available (not on LV but on https://heirloomaudio.com/ ) of this book and several others by Henty and the stories are so good.

May I read chapters 6 and 7?
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com
linny

Post by linny »

Of course. Thank you for helping. :D
flutr87

Post by flutr87 »

linny wrote: September 11th, 2020, 7:28 pm
flutr87 wrote: September 11th, 2020, 1:43 pm Hi Linny (I think:)) I was scrolling through the readers wanted and caught this George Henty book. I'd be glad to read chapters 2 and 3. His books are great historical fiction for boys to read. They are definitely a stretch in comparison to modern young adult literature, but well worth the reading.
Joan
Wonderful! Thank you for helping out.
Hi Linny,
Don't give up...I haven't forgotten. My goal is to work on this during the week.
Thanks for your patience.
Joan
linny

Post by linny »

flutr87 wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 7:33 pm Hi Linny,
Don't give up...I haven't forgotten. My goal is to work on this during the week.
Joan
Thank you for checking in. :9:
linny

Post by linny »

AlongsideMom wrote: October 10th, 2020, 6:07 am Great author! There is an audio drama available (not on LV but on https://heirloomaudio.com/ ) of this book and several others by Henty and the stories are so good.

Brooke ,
I know you have been very busy. I honestly don't know how you get everything done. Did you want an extension here or put your claims back in the pool?
AlongsideMom

Post by AlongsideMom »

linny wrote: December 12th, 2020, 8:09 am
AlongsideMom wrote: October 10th, 2020, 6:07 am Great author! There is an audio drama available (not on LV but on https://heirloomaudio.com/ ) of this book and several others by Henty and the stories are so good.

Brooke ,
I know you have been very busy. I honestly don't know how you get everything done. Did you want an extension here or put your claims back in the pool?
Thank you! I would love an extension please. After December i will be able to put more time in. 🙏
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com
linny

Post by linny »

AlongsideMom wrote: December 12th, 2020, 8:30 am Thank you! I would love an extension please. After December i will be able to put more time in. 🙏
Great! I'll update my list. :D
flutr87

Post by flutr87 »

linny wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 4:13 am
flutr87 wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 7:33 pm Hi Linny,
Joan
Thank you for checking in. :9:

Here is the link to the file. Let me know what changes need to be made.

forthetemple_02_henty_128kb.mp3.mp3

The file length is 36 min. 9 sec.

Merry Christmas!
Joan
linny

Post by linny »

flutr87 wrote: December 21st, 2020, 8:45 pm Here is the link to the file. Let me know what changes need to be made.

forthetemple_02_henty_128kb.mp3.mp3

The file length is 36 min. 9 sec.

Merry Christmas!
Joan
Hi Joan,
In the future, please provide the entire link you receive from the uploader. When you post it should be blue, like this: https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/forthetemple_02_gahenty_128kb.mp3

The link lets us know what folder you uploaded to. I don't know where you uploaded but it's not in my folder. Please upload again, correcting the author name and eliminating one of the mp3s. Thank you!
flutr87

Post by flutr87 »

OK I thought it looked different. I'm on it:)
flutr87

Post by flutr87 »

Good morning, Linny,
I changed the file name regarding chapter 2 and now my computer says "you can't save in this location" which is where I have been saving everything else. I tried using a thumb drive, but get the same message. So, my computer seems to be my worst enemy at this point. Any thoughts? I'll see what I can do. I have some ideas, so I'll try them before I ask any more questions. I'll keep you updated.
Joan
linny

Post by linny »

flutr87 wrote: December 24th, 2020, 6:21 am Good morning, Linny,
I changed the file name regarding chapter 2 and now my computer says "you can't save in this location" which is where I have been saving everything else. I tried using a thumb drive, but get the same message. So, my computer seems to be my worst enemy at this point. Any thoughts? I'll see what I can do. I have some ideas, so I'll try them before I ask any more questions. I'll keep you updated.
Joan
Close the file. Open the folder, change the name. You should be able to save then.
flutr87

Post by flutr87 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/forthetemple_02_gahenty_128kb.mp3

Success! At least in the upload. I couldn't find the Audacity file, looked, did a search, etc. So if it's not ok, it's back to the beginning. That's not a terrible thing, since the reading is the easy part at this point. And if practice makes perfect, then my editing should be getting better:)
Thanks for the help.
Joan