(COMPLETE) A Christmas Hamper: Stories and Tales for Little Folks - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SoundsLikeJack

Post by SoundsLikeJack »

philchenevert wrote: December 19th, 2020, 9:03 am
SoundsLikeJack wrote: December 19th, 2020, 5:38 am May I claim section 8, A Lesson in Manners?

It is my first recording, you can use my username as my credit thanks!
Welcome! I am assigning that section to you since you got the OK on your test! Have fun. (Shriya, I am just jumping in here since I have the time. We are now full up and just need a DPL)
Awesome thank you!
“It’s still magic even if you know how it’s done.” A Hat Full of Sky, Terry Pratchett.
spatel2

Post by spatel2 »

SoundsLikeJack wrote: December 19th, 2020, 5:38 am May I claim section 8, A Lesson in Manners?

Welcome! I am assigning that section to you since you got the OK on your test! Have fun. (Shriya, I am just jumping in here since I have the time. We are now full up and just need a DPL)
Ok, thanks! If no one arrives in the next week or so, I can DPL.
~ Shriya
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

spatel2 wrote: December 19th, 2020, 11:40 am

Ok, thanks! If no one arrives in the next week or so, I can DPL.
I feel that someone will step up but if noone offers by a few days after Christmas, I will PL you sections.
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
PSHarvey106

Post by PSHarvey106 »

Hi,

Here is section 7:

Section 7:
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/christmashamper_07_various_128kb.mp3
(Running Time 1:46)

Thank you,
Paul
Paul
spatel2

Post by spatel2 »

PSHarvey106 wrote: December 19th, 2020, 6:37 pm Hi,

Here is section 7:

Section 7:
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/christmashamper_07_various_128kb.mp3
(Running Time 1:46)

Thank you,
Paul
Thanks! That was quick!
~ Shriya
spatel2

Post by spatel2 »

~ Shriya
sydneymariie

Post by sydneymariie »

May I proof read to the sections that still need it?
sydneymariie

Post by sydneymariie »

I know I didn't get the official yes to proof-listen but I listened to them anyways... Here were my notes:
Poor Uncle Tom (4:32): At 1:22 it sounds like it glitches and skips ahead. Other than that glitch it sounds great.
A Snow Man (1:06): I didn’t hear any issues with this one I thought it was really god.
Not Such Fun As It Seemed (2:10): At 1:35 there is kind of an awkward pause. At 1:50 I noticed some background noise. Everything else was great though.
On the Sands (0:47): This one was so good!
Old Clothes (4:31): very good.
The Little Tiny Thing (1:46): I think that this might have been a mistake because it says it’s supposed to be “The Little Tiny Things” but the recording is of “Questions” the following chapter. The recording was very good though. I heard no mistakes.
The Little Thief in the Pantry (4:12): This sounded great.
Great Grandmother’s Wish (2:48): This was also great!
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

sydneymariie wrote: December 21st, 2020, 12:50 pm I know I didn't get the official yes to proof-listen but I listened to them anyways... Here were my notes:
Poor Uncle Tom (4:32): At 1:22 it sounds like it glitches and skips ahead. Other than that glitch it sounds great.
A Snow Man (1:06): I didn’t hear any issues with this one I thought it was really god.
Not Such Fun As It Seemed (2:10): At 1:35 there is kind of an awkward pause. At 1:50 I noticed some background noise. Everything else was great though.
On the Sands (0:47): This one was so good!
Old Clothes (4:31): very good.
The Little Tiny Thing (1:46): I think that this might have been a mistake because it says it’s supposed to be “The Little Tiny Things” but the recording is of “Questions” the following chapter. The recording was very good though. I heard no mistakes.
The Little Thief in the Pantry (4:12): This sounded great.
Great Grandmother’s Wish (2:48): This was also great!
Thank you Sydney. We apologize for the delay in answering. I will get back to you shortly with informaton about continuing to be a proof listener but thanks again and it is great you jumped in. :D
spatel2

Post by spatel2 »

Hi! Sorry for not answering to Sydney. Should I fill in the PL Status for each section in the MW or wait for more info?
~ Shriya
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

spatel2 wrote: December 21st, 2020, 4:19 pm Hi! Sorry for not answering to Sydney. Should I fill in the PL Status for each section in the MW or wait for more info?
Yes, fill in the PL status please. The tech specs should be OK on those approed of. Please make a post about those that apparently need to be fixed.
spatel2

Post by spatel2 »

Hi Sydney, I have fixed the 'glitch' in Poor Uncle Tom. I heard the glitch too. I just re-recorded the sentence.

One thing to note: my voice has changed a lot since when I recorded Poor Uncle Tom, which was a month or so ago. It might seem like someone else recorded that one sentence, but it was me. Thanks again for listening to these sections!

I'll fix the other section later this week :thumbs:
~ Shriya
spatel2

Post by spatel2 »

philchenevert wrote: December 21st, 2020, 6:50 pm
spatel2 wrote: December 21st, 2020, 4:19 pm Hi! Sorry for not answering to Sydney. Should I fill in the PL Status for each section in the MW or wait for more info?
Yes, fill in the PL status please. The tech specs should be OK on those approed of. Please make a post about those that apparently need to be fixed.
Ok! I just filled in the status in the MW. I don't know if this is just me, but I still see Noori in as DPL. Am I supposed to change that somehow, or is that your job? Thanks.
~ Shriya
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

spatel2 wrote: December 21st, 2020, 7:12 pm
philchenevert wrote: December 21st, 2020, 6:50 pm
Ok! I just filled in the status in the MW. I don't know if this is just me, but I still see Noori in as DPL. Am I supposed to change that somehow, or is that your job? Thanks.
That's my job. I will change it when someone volunteers or perhaps Sydney will pick up the rest?