[COMPLETE]The Tale of Jasper Jay by Arthur Scott Bailey - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jmcaine

Post by jmcaine »

Also, by "blurb", do you mean the bit on page one of this thread that says "Arthur Scott Bailey, a native of the ...", or is there another spot that you might direct my attention?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jmcaine wrote: December 21st, 2020, 2:53 am Also, by "blurb", do you mean the bit on page one of this thread that says "Arthur Scott Bailey, a native of the ...", or is there another spot that you might direct my attention?
yes, this will come as presentation of the book on our catalogue page. If you want more details in there, please let me know.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jmcaine wrote: December 21st, 2020, 2:51 amSonia: yes, I got all that in at the end of Chapter 21, but my daughter also said, "This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information..." -- she actually just rattled this off from having listened to so many librivox books. :) But if that's no longer the proper ending, I think I can just cut it off after "...Arthur Scott Bailey"
ah yes that is a bit redundant as we say it at the beginning as well. You could cut it out and reupload before Larry Spot PLs

Sonia
jmcaine

Post by jmcaine »

Ok, I just snipped the tail on that and reposted 21. Hopefully it's not too abrupt now. Regarding the "blurb" -- I think that's fine... perhaps Larry has something to add?
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

All specs, corrections, beginnings and endings check out perfectly, so at long last we are done!

Again, congratulations on a delightful presentation of this story. :clap:
It will be a nice Christmas present for the girls.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excellent, thank you, Larry for giving this a priority :)

So yes, we are done, only waiting for the cast list and to update the credits in the MW and if Michael wants to change the blurb, he can tell me as well. As soon as I have that, I will start the cataloguing process and then we are done in a few hours tops.

Waiting for a final update from Michael, but your DPL job here is done then. Thank you for sticking all through the project.

Sonia
jmcaine

Post by jmcaine »

Ok, the general cast list is easy, after all:

Michael Caine - Narrator
Michaila Caine - Jasper Jay
Alana and Emma Caine - all various other characters

(We could list them out, but I'm not sure it would bear more value, for the reader, than this summary.)

For chapter-by-chapter credits - the girls are going to split up the chapters and work through them today. We'll have that shortly.

Regarding the blurb: maybe I'll look at the blurbs from some other stories, but I'm not feeling inspired to work hard on this unless you think it really needs development.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Regarding the blurb: This is just the boilerplate that I used with the other Bailey books we recorded. I never elaborated on each story, but feel free to pad it out with a few sentences if you like.
~ Larry
jmcaine

Post by jmcaine »

So, the other Bailey stories in the series are all similar, according to this boilerplate? If that's the case, I'd prefer to leave it as-is.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jmcaine wrote: December 21st, 2020, 9:09 am Ok, the general cast list is easy, after all:

Michael Caine - Narrator
Michaila Caine - Jasper Jay
Alana and Emma Caine - all various other characters

(We could list them out, but I'm not sure it would bear more value, for the reader, than this summary.)
ok, if you prefer to keep it short, that's up to you. I'll prepare the links then.
Regarding the blurb: maybe I'll look at the blurbs from some other stories, but I'm not feeling inspired to work hard on this unless you think it really needs development.
that is also up to you, I won't force you to anything. We can keep it like that.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

so the cast list will look like this in the end:

<BR>Cast list:<BR>
Narrator: <a https://librivox.org/reader/12523">Michael Caine</a><br>
Jasper Jay: <a href=" https://librivox.org/reader/12582">Michaila Caine</a><br>
all various other characters: <a href=" https://librivox.org/reader/12580">Alana Caine</a> and <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/12581">Emma Caine</a><br>

Sonia
jmcaine

Post by jmcaine »

Looks good. And the girls are working on the chapter-by-chapter right now. Should have it soon.
jmcaine

Post by jmcaine »

My girls discovered a glitch at the beginning of chapter 11 -- some accidentally repeated text. I'll fix that, too. We just about have all of the credits finished.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

jmcaine wrote: December 21st, 2020, 11:27 am My girls discovered a glitch at the beginning of chapter 11 -- some accidentally repeated text. I'll fix that, too. We just about have all of the credits finished.
Double checked this chapter and you must have it fixed. No repeats heard.
~ Larry
jmcaine

Post by jmcaine »

It's just very cleverly "hidden" -- you don't notice it if you don't watch very carefully. The entire phrase from "Since he was no longer leading the nutting party..." is repeated. It doesn't sound a bit like anything is wrong until you listen really closely and critically. :)