~FULL [DRAM.READ] Count of Monte Cristo by Alex. Dumas-mas

Plays and other dramatic works
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

LCaulkins wrote: December 17th, 2020, 11:54 am Here is the supplement narrator file for chapter 18:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_narrator_18_missingline.flac

Sorry to take so long, my voice was completely trashed by the Covid
Great, thanks! Hope you're doing better<3
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
linny

Post by linny »

6 is edited: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_006_dumas_128kb.mp3

Page 9 - 21:12 missing line - "And wherefore were you called away just now?" asked Mademoiselle de Saint-Meran, with an air of deep interest.
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

linny wrote: December 20th, 2020, 9:17 am 6 is edited: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_006_dumas_128kb.mp3

Page 9 - 21:12 missing line - "And wherefore were you called away just now?" asked Mademoiselle de Saint-Meran, with an air of deep interest.
Great! I've PM'ed Kitty:)
Kristin

linny

Post by linny »

Kristingj wrote: December 20th, 2020, 10:49 am
linny wrote: December 20th, 2020, 9:17 am 6 is edited: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_006_dumas_128kb.mp3

Oh, that's great! I was hoping it was Sonia. :clap:
linny

Post by linny »

Chapter 7 is edited. Unfortunately, there is a partial missing line from the narrator, Scott. How do you want to handle it? Scott hasn't been around in ages.

6:36 missing text - said the young man, his voice slightly tremulous, so great was the contrast between that happy moment and the painful ceremony he was now undergoing; so great was the contrast between the sombre aspect of M. de Villefort and the radiant face of Mercedes.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_007_dumas_128kb.mp3 20:18
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

linny wrote: December 20th, 2020, 11:59 am Chapter 7 is edited. Unfortunately, there is a partial missing line from the narrator, Scott. How do you want to handle it? Scott hasn't been around in ages.

6:36 missing text - said the young man, his voice slightly tremulous, so great was the contrast between that happy moment and the painful ceremony he was now undergoing; so great was the contrast between the sombre aspect of M. de Villefort and the radiant face of Mercedes.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_007_dumas_128kb.mp3 20:18
Getting slightly annoyed with myself that Ive missed these in pl, but this one lines up so well that unless you disagree, I think we can just keep it without
Kristin

linny

Post by linny »

Kristingj wrote: December 20th, 2020, 1:02 pm
linny wrote: December 20th, 2020, 11:59 am Chapter 7 is edited. Unfortunately, there is a partial missing line from the narrator, Scott. How do you want to handle it? Scott hasn't been around in ages.

Getting slightly annoyed with myself that Ive missed these in pl, but this one lines up so well that unless you disagree, I think we can just keep it without
I agree...possibly because there is no way I can fix it and possibly because it does still leave the intent intact. :mrgreen:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote: December 20th, 2020, 11:04 am
Kristingj wrote: December 20th, 2020, 10:49 am
Oh, that's great! I was hoping it was Sonia. :clap:
Actually "mademoiselle" is referring to Renée here (who was voiced by Alane), so I cannot help with this one. But thanks for notifying me via PM if anything is missing.

So cool that there is great progress here, I see :)

Sonia
KnightWriter

Post by KnightWriter »

Good evening! I'd like to volunteer for Narrator Volume 4 if it is still available. I took a peek at the magic window and seems like it's still open.

Depending on how much there is, maybe I can do Vol 5 as well, but since I'm new, I don't want to bite off more than I can chew :)

Okay! Let me know what you think. Thanks a bunch! :D
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

KnightWriter wrote: December 29th, 2020, 7:46 pm Good evening! I'd like to volunteer for Narrator Volume 4 if it is still available. I took a peek at the magic window and seems like it's still open.

Depending on how much there is, maybe I can do Vol 5 as well, but since I'm new, I don't want to bite off more than I can chew :)

Hi, and welcome! That's right, volume 4 is open:) To be honest, one volume is a massive job, so yeah, let's start with that :thumbs: I'll PL the first couple of chapters when you submit them, and then I'll wait until you've finished all, just letting you know (it's to avoid a lot of extra work in case you don't finish). Remember to check out pronounciations and stuff before you get started. :)
Kristin

benderca

Post by benderca »

Just checking in to let you know that I’m still working diligently on my part of Max. :D
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

benderca wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 9:00 am Just checking in to let you know that I’m still working diligently on my part of Max. :D
:thumbs:
Kristin

KnightWriter

Post by KnightWriter »

Kristingj wrote: December 29th, 2020, 10:31 pm
KnightWriter wrote: December 29th, 2020, 7:46 pm Good evening! I'd like to volunteer for Narrator Volume 4 if it is still available. I took a peek at the magic window and seems like it's still open.

Hi, and welcome! That's right, volume 4 is open:) To be honest, one volume is a massive job, so yeah, let's start with that :thumbs: I'll PL the first couple of chapters when you submit them, and then I'll wait until you've finished all, just letting you know (it's to avoid a lot of extra work in case you don't finish). Remember to check out pronounciations and stuff before you get started. :)
I have a question about the narration. I was doing a practice run of Chapter 74 yesterday.
Of course there are parts I'm not supposed to read, but I'll say things like "Villefort said" or "said he," and all of that after a few moments of silence on my part. My question to you is, am I uploading the project file itself or an mp3 file? I ask because I'm new to this kind of reading and project, and I'm curious how the lines are all synced up into the final production, you know?

Reading some of the names in French, as per the pronunciation guide, is challenging, but not impossible. :)

Okay, thanks a bunch! :D
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

KnightWriter wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 9:49 am
Kristingj wrote: December 29th, 2020, 10:31 pm

I have a question about the narration. I was doing a practice run of Chapter 74 yesterday.
Of course there are parts I'm not supposed to read, but I'll say things like "Villefort said" or "said he," and all of that after a few moments of silence on my part. My question to you is, am I uploading the project file itself or an mp3 file? I ask because I'm new to this kind of reading and project, and I'm curious how the lines are all synced up into the final production, you know?

Reading some of the names in French, as per the pronunciation guide, is challenging, but not impossible. :)

Okay, thanks a bunch! :D
Yes, that's right, read all the stuff in normal black text, including those 'he said' and so on. You are not uploading the project file. If you can, we'd like the file as a flac, to loose as little quality as possible. I'll PL the file, and then our fantastic editor Linny edits it all together, and I PL one final time, and that's the project file.
Kristin

linny

Post by linny »

KnightWriter wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 9:49 am I have a question about the narration. I was doing a practice run of Chapter 74 yesterday.
Please make sure to leave a minimum of 3-5 seconds of ambient silence between your lines and character lines. It's a tremendous help come time to edit. It allows for the initial editing to be done visually.

Ambient silence is always better than generated silence. I use the narrator track as the base for editing in all of the other lines. Generated silence is 'dead' silence and actually a bit difficult on the ears so the overall chapter quality will be diminished if you use generated silence.

In the example above you would leave silence then read "said he," then more silence....repeat.

Please let me know if you have any questions.