2021 procedures

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I have purchased a book that will enter into the public domain in a number of days. May I start the project on January 1, 2021 with my book, or should I wait until the book is posted on a public Web site? Either way works for me, but I would like folks to know what I'm working on so that they don't duplicate the recording if that is something they don't usually do. For myself, the more versions the better, but not everyone feels that way I guess. (And maybe I'm wrong in making that assumption.)

If we shouldn't be discussing impending PD books, feel free to delete this thread. (I'm been careful not to mention specific titles.)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

We can certainly discuss them, we just can't begin actively working on them in the forum. You can certainly use your hard copy, but of course you would have to be ok with a standard PL, since your DPL wouldn't have access to the text to check against it. There's no guarantee that the book you have in mind would be available online in a format we could use right away.

More info here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=72912

EDIT: Oh yes, and we'd need you to upload a scan of the title page with the copyright year visible, to check that the edition you're using is PD.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mightyfelix wrote: December 20th, 2020, 2:05 pm We can certainly discuss them, we just can't begin actively working on them in the forum. You can certainly use your hard copy, but of course you would have to be ok with a standard PL, since your DPL wouldn't have access to the text to check against it. There's no guarantee that the book you have in mind would be available online in a format we could use right away.

More info here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=72912

EDIT: Oh yes, and we'd need you to upload a scan of the title page with the copyright year visible, to check that the edition you're using is PD.
Thank you!

It figures I didn't look hard enough! Sorry for the bother.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

No trouble at all. :)