COMPLETE - [GRP] The Arabian Nights Entertainments - Volume IV - kiki

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Amra

Post by Amra »

Hii,
This is Amra I claimed chapter 39, but I seem to be having trouble finding the script I click the link where the script is provided but I am not able find the chapter script that O am supposed to read .
So could you please help me with that :help: Sorry for the trouble.
Thanks
linny

Post by linny »

Amra wrote: December 6th, 2020, 7:28 am Hii,
This is Amra I claimed chapter 39, but I seem to be having trouble finding the script I click the link where the script is provided but I am not able find the chapter script that O am supposed to read .
So could you please help me with that :help: Sorry for the trouble.
Thanks
No trouble at all. This text version is a little difficult because the table of contents doesn't have links to the stories. :roll:

I use the first link (html with images). I open it is a separate window so I can still see our MW. Then I look at the titles near the story I'm looking for. Since your story is near the end I scroll down past the half way point and then start stopping at each of the large bold titles until I find it.

If you still can't find it this way let me know and I can make a separate document for you. Let me know. :thumbs:
linny

Post by linny »

ChreaChopade wrote: October 19th, 2020, 12:27 am Hello!
This is Chrea Chopade. I'm a newbie but I'd love to read section 8.
Two month claim has expired. No contact from the Reader. Section orphaned. :(
SpookyNoodle

Post by SpookyNoodle »

I'd be interested in taking section 8. I'm trying to build up my narration portfolio a little bit over the Christmas break :D
Everything is hard before it is easy; every first draft is terrible, so that the final draft can be great.
linny

Post by linny »

SpookyNoodle wrote: December 20th, 2020, 1:30 pm I'd be interested in taking section 8. I'm trying to build up my narration portfolio a little bit over the Christmas break :D
Great! Thank you for helping out.
linny

Post by linny »

Alondra wrote: October 27th, 2020, 6:33 pm Hi:

I would like to claim Section 7 and help get this book finished, if that is alright.

Thanks

Alondra
2 month claim expired. No word from reader. Section orphaned.
thobbspeterson

Post by thobbspeterson »

linny wrote: December 31st, 2020, 5:46 am
Alondra wrote: October 27th, 2020, 6:33 pm Hi:

I would like to claim Section 7 and help get this book finished, if that is alright.

Thanks

Alondra
2 month claim expired. No word from reader. Section orphaned.
Hi, Can I take over section 7?

Thanks!
Tasha
linny

Post by linny »

thobbspeterson wrote: January 3rd, 2021, 11:38 am Hi, Can I take over section 7?

Thanks!
Tasha
Absolutely! Thank you. :clap:
SpookyNoodle

Post by SpookyNoodle »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/arabiannights04_08_anonymous_128kb.mp3 [27:17]

Let me know if there's anywhere I fudged and need to re-record. Cheers!
Everything is hard before it is easy; every first draft is terrible, so that the final draft can be great.
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

So sorry, time simply got away from me. What with Christmas, fostering cats and covid, life has changed.

My sincere apologies.

Sandra
linny

Post by linny »

Alondra wrote: January 9th, 2021, 1:35 pm So sorry, time simply got away from me. What with Christmas, fostering cats and covid, life has changed.

My sincere apologies.

Sandra
Sandra,
No trouble at all. Life happens. :) I hope you'll participate in LV again when you have the time. Stay safe and be well.
linny

Post by linny »

SpookyNoodle wrote: January 4th, 2021, 6:36 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/arabiannights04_08_anonymous_128kb.mp3 [27:17]

Well done!

There is a long 4 second pause at 16:53 and a 3 second pause at 24:04. Did you mean to leave these long breaks?

The volume is too low. It's currently at 84.6dB. Please amplify by 5dB.
SpookyNoodle

Post by SpookyNoodle »

linny wrote: January 10th, 2021, 5:56 am
SpookyNoodle wrote: January 4th, 2021, 6:36 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/arabiannights04_08_anonymous_128kb.mp3 [27:17]

Well done!

There is a long 4 second pause at 16:53 and a 3 second pause at 24:04. Did you mean to leave these long breaks?

The volume is too low. It's currently at 84.6dB. Please amplify by 5dB.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/arabiannights04_08_anonymous_128kb.mp3 [27:10]

Nope, those long breaks were definitely not intentional, an artifact from the recording process where I would stop to catch my breath, calm my nerves, and/or get a drink of water. I thought I caught most of them, but I guess I missed those two.

I've cut those long gaps, as well as boosting the volume. Please let me know as soon as possible if there are any slip-ups that I would need to re-record; I'm going into orthognathic surgery on the 18th, and I won't be able to talk for roughly 6 weeks, so I wanna make sure I finish any recording before then! :D
linny

Post by linny »

SpookyNoodle wrote: January 10th, 2021, 3:02 pm I've cut those long gaps, as well as boosting the volume. Please let me know as soon as possible if there are any slip-ups that I would need to re-record; I'm going into orthognathic surgery on the 18th, and I won't be able to talk for roughly 6 weeks, so I wanna make sure I finish any recording before then! :D
The recording itself was fine, only those few things needed to be corrected. I'll spot check it tonight.

Good luck with the surgery and recovery. A few years back I lost my voice to a virus for the better part of a year. It was awful but I got a TON of PL work done. :mrgreen:
linny

Post by linny »

SpookyNoodle wrote: January 10th, 2021, 3:02 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/arabiannights04_08_anonymous_128kb.mp3 [27:10]

Nope, those long breaks were definitely not intentional, an artifact from the recording process where I would stop to catch my breath, calm my nerves, and/or get a drink of water. I thought I caught most of them, but I guess I missed those two.

I've cut those long gaps, as well as boosting the volume. Please let me know as soon as possible if there are any slip-ups that I would need to re-record; I'm going into orthognathic surgery on the 18th, and I won't be able to talk for roughly 6 weeks, so I wanna make sure I finish any recording before then! :D
Section 8 is spot check PL OK! Thank you.

I wish you the best of luck next week and hope you have an uneventful and speedy recovery. :9: