Reading missing pages

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

As I circle back to the start of the latest book I'm working on, I realised that page 27 is followed by page 30 in the archive scan which is an uploaded Google books scan which has the same issue.

It's not hard to find the missing text online, ostensibly taken from the same edition but I can't imagine any of them would be permissable as a source to ammend the text.

If the answer is that those two pages cannot be read, what would the best phrase be to mark it? "The next two pages are missing in the online text"?
Last edited by InTheDesert on August 17th, 2021, 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 96% 2 left!
PL pls: DPL DPL 21 43 27-28
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Maybe this link can help you?

https://www.ecatholic2000.com/bede/untitled-31.shtml

Greetings from Germany. :)
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 7 Abschnitte frei
Sonnenuntergang - 2 Rollen frei
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I think I would be comfortable with you using the ecatholic2000.com text as a supplementary source for these missing pages. The site cites the edition and seems to have all the components of the book (preface, etc.) and hasn't whittled it down any. So I'd say, go ahead and fill in the gaps using that site.
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

As long as you can find a copy of the same edition that shows the copyright date, it should be ok to use for the two missing pages. If you can't find an alternate complete scan, I would suggest comparing a page or two on either side of the missing pages to the scanned copy you are reading to confirm that the text is the same and hasn't been changed in transcribing to an online copy.

Cross posted with Tricia :)
Jo
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Sounds like a solution!
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 96% 2 left!
PL pls: DPL DPL 21 43 27-28