[COMPLETE] Aladdin, or, The Wonderful Lamp-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
bettenzoli

Post by bettenzoli »

Hi Devorah,
I can volunteer for the Spider in ACT 7. It's my first time in English... (so far I have participated only to a tiny role in the Italian drama "sei personaggi in cerca d'autore" which is still in preparation).

Thanks and Looking forward to your answer.
Eleonora
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

bettenzoli wrote: December 7th, 2020, 5:24 am Hi Devorah,
I can volunteer for the Spider in ACT 7. It's my first time in English... (so far I have participated only to a tiny role in the Italian drama "sei personaggi in cerca d'autore" which is still in preparation).

Thanks and Looking forward to your answer.
Eleonora
That sounds wonderful! I'm looking forward to hearing it. :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Doug42 wrote: December 1st, 2020, 7:55 pm Here is my recording of the 'Grocer' in Chapter 3.
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladin_grocer_03_128k.mp3
It is about 4 min 22 seconds long.

Near the end I added some reverb when the grocer is writing in his book - if this is too much, or you feel its inappropriate for this recording, let me know and I will re-record that section.

*** Doug F.
Thanks for your patience, Doug. I really enjoyed hearing this role! The grocer only appears for this one scene, but you've made him so very endearing, I think he will be a memorable character. I especially love his struggle at the end about the halfpenny. So charming. :9: And while I intially said that I thought the reverb wouldn't work, now that I hear it, I think it's not too much. So, since everything is here and correct, I am marking it PL ok! Congratulations! :thumbs:
HelenAnnBowling

Post by HelenAnnBowling »

here is act five for the jester
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_jester_5_128kb.mp3
recording time: 1:28
HelenAnnBowling

Post by HelenAnnBowling »

and here is the fool/jester for act 9
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_jester_9_128kb.mp3
recording time: 5:36
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you! I'll try to listen this weekend sometime.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

HelenAnnBowling wrote: December 12th, 2020, 7:06 pm here is act five for the jester
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_jester_5_128kb.mp3
recording time: 1:28
`
HelenAnnBowling wrote: December 12th, 2020, 7:15 pm and here is the fool/jester for act 9
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_jester_9_128kb.mp3
recording time: 5:36
Thank you so much, Helen! I love the sauciness of this jester, and I think you've captured it very well! I especially like the way your crisp enunciation sets off the flowery language that is sometimes used. :9:

Now, we do need a voice credit for you: "Jester, read by Helen" (or whatever form of your name you like to use). As that is the only thing missing in act 5, I'll mark it PL ok.

But act 9 is missing some lines. The scene between the jester and the Sultan was excellent, but you weren't finished! You appear in the next scene as well, starting on pages 238-240.

So add those lines on the end and your voice credit on the beginning, and you should be good! :D
awijewee

Post by awijewee »

I would like to read roles 14 and 15: Captain of the Body Guard!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

awijewee wrote: December 15th, 2020, 6:41 pm I would like to read roles 14 and 15: Captain of the Body Guard!
Welcome to LibriVox! I would be very happy to sign you up. What name would you like to use for the catalogue? It can be your real name, your screen name, or some other pseudonym.

I see that you've already posted a one minute test. Please wait for the ok on that test before recording for this project, just in case there are any kinks to work out. If no one has checked it by about this time tomorrow, I'll try to get to it myself. :)

Other than that, all of the information you need to know should be contained in the first post of this thread. But let me know if you end up with any questions!
Dtcastid

Post by Dtcastid »

May I claim the Old Man in act 7 and the Old Man in act 9, sections 31 and 32?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you! I will listen this weekend probably. I'm looking forward to it!

By the way, the brackets [] are really not necessary in the file name. It's not really a big deal for a dramatic project like this, but if you contribute to a regular book or something, it will be important not to use brackets. Take a look at the links that other readers have submitted to see what I mean. :)
awijewee

Post by awijewee »

mightyfelix wrote: December 15th, 2020, 9:51 pm
awijewee wrote: December 15th, 2020, 6:41 pm I would like to read roles 14 and 15: Captain of the Body Guard!
Welcome to LibriVox! I would be very happy to sign you up. What name would you like to use for the catalogue? It can be your real name, your screen name, or some other pseudonym.

I see that you've already posted a one minute test. Please wait for the ok on that test before recording for this project, just in case there are any kinks to work out. If no one has checked it by about this time tomorrow, I'll try to get to it myself. :)

Other than that, all of the information you need to know should be contained in the first post of this thread. But let me know if you end up with any questions!
You can just use Anya for the name :) thanks!
awijewee

Post by awijewee »

mightyfelix wrote: December 16th, 2020, 7:46 pm
Thank you! I will listen this weekend probably. I'm looking forward to it!

By the way, the brackets [] are really not necessary in the file name. It's not really a big deal for a dramatic project like this, but if you contribute to a regular book or something, it will be important not to use brackets. Take a look at the links that other readers have submitted to see what I mean. :)
thanks for the tip!!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

awijewee wrote: December 16th, 2020, 7:49 pm You can just use Anya for the name :) thanks!
Great! Then here is your brand new catalogue page! https://librivox.org/reader/15431 So far, the only thing that shows up there is this project, but the more you participate, the more you will see it grow. Eventually, it will include everything you've read for, both in-progress and completed projects. You can get to this page by clicking your name in the MW (magic window) of any project you're signed up for.