COMPLETE The History Of Sir Richard Calmady by Lucas Malet - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Good luck with everything, Anne!
anneflebari

Post by anneflebari »

Hi Stav, here is a slightly different version of summary ....I'm not able to edit summary, so can you please do it if you think it's ok? thanks a lot, cheers, Anne

Lucas Malet is the pen name of Mary Kingsley, daughter of Charles Kingsley. She became a hugely successful Victorian novelist, rivalling Rudyard Kipling, Thomas Hardy and Henry James. “The History of Sir Richard Calmady “ topped the best seller’s list of Publishers’ Weekly, receiving rave reviews and was considered “the best novel of the season”.
The story follows the life of Richard, the disabled heir to a noble and wealthy family, but one which seems to be cursed through the generations. It is at heart a story of love in all its aspects – a mother’s love, (both selfish and selfless), love carnal and platonic, worldly and spiritual. After following the lines of Hogarth’s " Rake’s Progress" , it is ultimately a story of self-awareness, hope and redemption.
Summary Stav Nisser/ Anne Fletcher
anneflebari

Post by anneflebari »

Rapunzelina wrote: December 9th, 2020, 5:27 pm Good luck with everything, Anne!
Thank you! :thumbs:
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Wow, Anne. I wish you luck with everything. And thanks for all the hard work. I cannot stress this enough.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

If Anne's suggested summary is approved (a few posts above) I can update it in the Project Page.

And if cadastra needs help with proof-listening, I could lend an ear to get this in the catalogue quicker.

Let me know!
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

Thanks, I'll let you know! I should be able to get the rest of it finished up in the next few days. By the way, I think the summary sounds good based on the portion of the book that I have read so far.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Yes, I apruve the summary.
And can we catalogue this book by the end of 2020 at the latest?
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

Absolutely!
anneflebari

Post by anneflebari »

Thanks for the good wishes☺️ I should be ok to do corrections for the next few weeks...just hope I've not made too many bloopers!!! Cheers, Anne
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

anneflebari wrote: December 8th, 2020, 2:20 pm Goodness me this was a long chapter...thankfully the next (last) one is short:} cheers, Anne

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/historyofsirrichardcalmady_59_malet_128kb.mp3 1hr 08m 56s
Just one PL note: The outro should be "End of Chapter 10 of Book 6," and I heard "End of Book 10 of Chapter 6."
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

anneflebari wrote: December 9th, 2020, 5:26 pm Hi Team, last chapter for PL !!
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/historyofsirrichardcalmady_60_malet_128kb.mp3 22m 29s
This will be my last recording for a while, unless I do a short poem perhaps, as I'm waiting surgery for thyroid condition, and it will affect my voice for some time (hopefully improve the breathiness!). Thank you all at LV for the great work you all do, I've really enjoyed being involved with the recordings, and I hope to be back on line before too long. cheers for now, Anne F
Section 60 sounds great, as well. The outro should be "End of Chapter 11 of Book 6. End of The History Of Sir Richard Calmady, by Lucas Malet." You missed the author's name. Also, there is an extra sentence left from editing at the very end of the recording instead of 5 seconds of silence.
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

Update: All sections are proof-listened. Just waiting for Anne’s corrections on the last two sections. Mfassio/Michael has some corrections needed on two of his sections, as well. He communicated with me via PM that he will upload those sections this week if possible.

Almost done!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks a lot. Yes, this week is possible but I prefer that Michael communicate here because I also want to know and be able to follow. Thanks for the update.
anneflebari

Post by anneflebari »

Hi all, here are corrected files for last two chapters. Thanks again to everyone at LV that makes these recordings available to the public, will be back on line soon I hope. Cheers and a very happy holiday season to all, Anne :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/historyofsirrichardcalmady_59_malet_128kb.mp3 1hr 08m 56s
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/historyofsirrichardcalmady_60_malet_128kb.mp3 22m 25s
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

anneflebari wrote: December 16th, 2020, 3:57 pm Hi all, here are corrected files for last two chapters. Thanks again to everyone at LV that makes these recordings available to the public, will be back on line soon I hope. Cheers and a very happy holiday season to all, Anne :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/historyofsirrichardcalmady_60_malet_128kb.mp3 22m 25s
Beautiful--both are PL OK. THANK YOU so much for your contributions to the project. I now hear your voice in my head when I think of Richard! Best of luck with your surgery, and happy holidays!