COMPLETE: Birds, Vol. III, No 6, June 1898 -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
AuntieBacon

Post by AuntieBacon »

silverquill wrote: November 24th, 2020, 10:30 am
AuntieBacon wrote: November 24th, 2020, 7:34 am Hey Larry, just checking in to see if you were able to PL to my recording... The last link i posted is the correct one. Jo said it met the technical requirements. The MW says see PL notes. I'm not sure if I need to do something else? 🤷🏽‍♀️
Sorry to be a bit behind.

Your file does not meet the tech specs, but you've cut the silences a bit too much. While we don't really have a minimum for the beginning, it's best to have between .5-1.0 seconds, and now you have nearly none. You've gut the end to 4 seconds, and our goal is something close to 5. And, I still hear that bump at the end just before "2020." It is minor, and normally wouldn't mention it, but it is easy to clip out when you make these final adjustments.

Thanks for working on this.
No problem. I just have a quick question, you wrote that my "...file does not meet the tech specs..." Did you mean it does and i just need to adjust the times before and after and the bump? Or was there something I missed?
AuntieBacon

Post by AuntieBacon »

Alright Larry,
I fixed the end and the beginning silences and the bump and its ready for PL. Just let me know if I need to change anything else! Happy Thanksgiving!
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/birdsjun1898_11_various_128kb.mp3 9:48 (Its not quite 48sec but I figured Id just round it cause I wasn't sure how particular I was supposed to be. Its more like 48.7 secs.) :hmm:
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

AuntieBacon wrote: November 26th, 2020, 6:18 pm Alright Larry,
I fixed the end and the beginning silences and the bump and its ready for PL. Just let me know if I need to change anything else! Happy Thanksgiving!
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/birdsjun1898_11_various_128kb.mp3 9:48 (Its not quite 48sec but I figured Id just round it cause I wasn't sure how particular I was supposed to be. Its more like 48.7 secs.) :hmm:
Okay, this is good to go.
I may have mistyped, but you tech specs are just fine, and the corrections done.

We don't need fractions of seconds, so it is best just to round up or down. :)

(I usually find a way to make mine come out even. :lol: )

Anyway, thanks for sticking with this and contributing to the project.
I hope we will hear more of your reading. :)
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
AuntieBacon

Post by AuntieBacon »

silverquill wrote: November 28th, 2020, 7:45 am
AuntieBacon wrote: November 26th, 2020, 6:18 pm Alright Larry,
Okay, this is good to go.
I may have mistyped, but you tech specs are just fine, and the corrections done.

We don't need fractions of seconds, so it is best just to round up or down. :)

(I usually find a way to make mine come out even. :lol: )

Anyway, thanks for sticking with this and contributing to the project.
I hope we will hear more of your reading. :)
Thank you so much! I appreciate your patience with me! 😊😊
spatel2

Post by spatel2 »

Hi! My Audacity is not working(and has been having lots of problems). I'll need to fix it, and I don't know how long it will take. I'll need to give up Section 8 to someone else. Thanks and sorry!
~ Shriya
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Sorry to hear you are having recording issues, but thanks for letting us know.
Jo
PSHarvey106

Post by PSHarvey106 »

Hi,

I would be happy to record section 8 if that one is open.

Thanks,
Paul
Paul
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Hi Paul. That would be great. Section 8 is yours.
Thanks.
Jo
PSHarvey106

Post by PSHarvey106 »

Hi,

Here is section 8:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/birdsjun1898_08_various_128kb.mp3
(Running Time 3:34)

Thanks,
Paul
Paul
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

PSHarvey106 wrote: December 7th, 2020, 7:00 pm Hi,

Here is section 8:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/birdsjun1898_08_various_128kb.mp3
(Running Time 3:34)

Thanks,
Paul
Thank you so much, Paul
PL OK

So close to finishing . . .
~ Larry
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

And on that note, section 14 is PL OK!
Jo
RomaSingh

Post by RomaSingh »

Hi, here is my recording at 5:49. Thanks.
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/birdsjun1898_01_various_128kb.mp3
Sorry for submitting this so late. :(
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

RomaSingh wrote: December 12th, 2020, 7:55 pm Hi, here is my recording at 5:49. Thanks.
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/birdsjun1898_01_various_128kb.mp3
Thank you for your recording of this chapter!

There a just a couple things to take care of, however.

First, for this longer section we need the full disclaimer and different ending as follows from the instructions:
=====

For all sections over 800 words, please use the standard intro/outro as follows:

START of recording (Intro)
"Section [number] of Birds, Volume 3, No 6, June 1898. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Say:
"[Section Title]"

END of recording
At the end of the section, say:
"End of [Section number]"
If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city,], [date]"
======

Second, I believe there is a typo in the quotation of Lowell's poem at the beginning:

"What is so rare as a day in June?
Then, if ever, come prefect days."

I think we should have it read as "perfect days." This would also be consistent with the content that follow in reference to this.

Third, as long as you're doing these revisions, could you amplify this record by about 3 dB? It is only 86.2 dB which is right at the bottom of our range. And you beginning is even below that -- very soft and hard to hear.

Just upload your corrected file under the same name, post the link here again along with the new file length.
~ Larry
RomaSingh

Post by RomaSingh »

silverquill wrote: December 12th, 2020, 9:28 pm
RomaSingh wrote: December 12th, 2020, 7:55 pm Hi, here is my recording at 5:49. Thanks.
Thank you for your recording of this chapter!

There a just a couple things to take care of, however.

First, for this longer section we need the full disclaimer and different ending as follows from the instructions:
=====

For all sections over 800 words, please use the standard intro/outro as follows:

START of recording (Intro)
"Section [number] of Birds, Volume 3, No 6, June 1898. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Say:
"[Section Title]"

END of recording
At the end of the section, say:
"End of [Section number]"
If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city,], [date]"
======

Second, I believe there is a typo in the quotation of Lowell's poem at the beginning:

"What is so rare as a day in June?
Then, if ever, come prefect days."

I think we should have it read as "perfect days." This would also be consistent with the content that follow in reference to this.

Third, as long as you're doing these revisions, could you amplify this record by about 3 dB? It is only 86.2 dB which is right at the bottom of our range. And you beginning is even below that -- very soft and hard to hear.

Just upload your corrected file under the same name, post the link here again along with the new file length.
I'll be sure to fix the errors. Will try to get it uploaded soon.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

In the interest of wrapping this last issue if birds up and in fairness to the readers who submitted their files some time ago, I have taken the liberty of editing section 1. Larry, if you could give it a quick spot check, this will be ready to catalog.
Jo