[COMPLETE] As You Like It by William Shakespeare - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hamlet wrote: December 11th, 2020, 7:33 amI'll try. But I've been neglecting Dickens. I need to go back to Martin Chuzzlewit now. :)
ah right, well your part here is done, so you can go back to Dickens now. Good luck :)

Sonia
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

I forgot to add a note to my 3_2 file. Maybe this is considered unimportant, but just in case:

At 8:25 there is a mispronunciation of "Atalanta." She is a figure in mythology and her name has four syllables. At-a-lan'-ta. It is in Celia's speech. The reading sounds like the U.S. city "Atlanta."

I suspect she was on Shakespeare's mind the day he wrote this scene because Jaques mentions her a little later.

Brad
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Three more of my scenes have been edited. Just the last scene in Act 5 now, plus three more from Craig.

Sonia, if you can get your correction to 1.2 in, I'll be able to assemble Acts 1 and 2, provided everything is PL OK (I'll fix my line in 1.1 during assembly).

I can also correct Celia's line in 3.2. I'll note it in the MW so I don't forget.
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: December 11th, 2020, 8:11 pmSonia, if you can get your correction to 1.2 in, I'll be able to assemble Acts 1 and 2, provided everything is PL OK (I'll fix my line in 1.1 during assembly).
sorry, here is the corrected scene:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/asyoulikeit_1_2.mp3
Recording time: 15:37 min.

I'm doing my own recordings this weekend, so I'm putting all PL jobs on hold till Monday. We don't need to rush now, seeing we took so much time with the rest ;)

But if you wish you can assemble acts I and II already and then I PL them all in their entirety. Saves us one round ;)

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

I've assembled Act 1, which is now in the MW for final PL. We're sounding great so far! :clap:

I'll do Act 2 tomorrow (probably); you can hold off on PLing those scenes, Sonia, if you just want to listen to the final file.
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: December 13th, 2020, 6:06 pmI've assembled Act 1, which is now in the MW for final PL. We're sounding great so far! :clap:
excellent job, Tomas, I live the fighting scene :thumbs: Our first completed Act is totally PL ok. Great play-acting, all of you. And each voice is very distinct from the other.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: December 13th, 2020, 6:06 pm I'll do Act 2 tomorrow (probably); you can hold off on PLing those scenes, Sonia, if you just want to listen to the final file.
I had some time and checked the three scenes and they are all PL ok as well. Nice job in the singing along with me Tomas. Didn't even know you planned that :lol: Makes a good effect though.

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/asyoulikeit_3_5.mp3 9:19

Should get the rest done tomorrow.

Cheers
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote: December 19th, 2020, 9:17 amhttps://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/asyoulikeit_3_5.mp3 9:19
Should get the rest done tomorrow.
thank you Craig, excellently assembled and PL ok. That means Act 3 can get a final grooming by Tomas now, along with the edits he has to make in scene 2 :9:

We can get this on our 2020-completed projects list.

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Craigos

Post by Craigos »

WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thanks Craig!

So, I will begin grooming the next acts starting tomorrow, in chronological order. When I reach Act 5 I could edit the last scene myself, or, if we want to guarantee an early catalog date, if someone wants to chip in and edit it for me to save time, I wouldn't mind the help.

At any rate: we're nearly there! :mrgreen:
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excellent editing, Craig, both scenes are PL ok and nothing missing :thumbs:

yes Tomas, it would be good if you could include the final scene straight into the assembled act, at least it saves me to listen to it twice. I have a bit too many PL jobs right now, so I will not offer to edit at this point, (sorry).

We are quite close now :9:

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Act 2 is finally up for PL. More to come! We'll be on track to finish before 2020 ends, I'm certain. :thumbs:
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: December 27th, 2020, 8:31 pmAct 2 is finally up for PL. More to come! We'll be on track to finish before 2020 ends, I'm certain. :thumbs:
excellent editing again, Tomas. :thumbs: Act 2 is also PL ok right away.

As for finishing in 2020...do not stress yourself. I myself am not sure if I can PL that fast, depending on when you will upload. On Thursday 31st I will be at my parents, so the final day of the year I am not available for last minute jobs here. :?

If we can't wrap up now then it will be in January, no matter :) Better do it well than hurried.

Sonia