[COMPLETE]Solo - The Book of Common Prayer, 1662: selections- ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

No problem Pattymarie. I will make the correction you suggested, but may not be able to get to it until next week.

btw, will you update the MW with PL-OK, or should I do that myself once you've approved each track?
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

I'll spot PL any files that you re-upload with corrections and mark them pl ok myself.

Bless you, you must be reading from the pdf version with its archaic type setting--all the s's looking like fs enhanced in height and gracefulness but with stunted cross bars. I was perplexed by hearing you read the king and queen's names as George and Charlotte from the late 18th and early 19th centuries in the prayers for the royal family, while in 1662 it would have been Charles and Catherine, if their wedding that year took place before publication. My initial check of the web page version wrought further confusion with its use of the names of the reigning monarch and her consort. It was all settled by looking at the pdf version, though, and noting that it was printed in 1762. Perils of knowing a little history and being incurably curious. :roll: :lol:
Pattymarie
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Yes, I am indeed reading the 1762 printing, with the long Ss - and great fun it is too. :roll: I can mostly spot them, but one word which always catches me out is the one that looks like "faith" - except that about half the time turns out to be "saith".
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

They are easier to read in handwriting than print I find. But maybe it's because I volunteered in a project to digitize parish records and I got used to checking which way the bottom loop went = long s goes back, f forward. Twas I who said I read all the tables in the prayerbook sitting beside my grandmother - I was too young to go to Sunday school. It will be interesting to listen when you are finished to

Anne
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Section 1 (Morning Prayer) re-uploaded for spot-PL with better pronunciation of "Athanasius".

Also, section 6 (Confirmation) ready for PL.
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 6 is PL OK.
Pattymarie
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Just to let you know I'm still here! I've read another four sections, but haven't got round to editing them yet.
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Thanks, Michael. Looking forward to the new sections.
Pattymarie
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Back again, with The Solemnization of Matrimony, section 7, ready for PL.
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Checking in. Sorry that family is having to take priority at the moment, but I haven't forgotten this and I'll be continuing with it just as soon as I can.
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

MichaelMaggs wrote: September 30th, 2020, 12:32 am Checking in. Sorry that family is having to take priority at the moment, but I haven't forgotten this and I'll be continuing with it just as soon as I can.
No rush Michael. Family should take priority. :)
Pattymarie
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Just checking in again. Will be back as soon as I can, but unfortunately it may be after Christmas before I'll be able to get back to normal working.

By the way, there's a section that's still awaiting PL :)
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Sorry, I overlooked section 7. It's PL OK. No rush about the others. :)
Pattymarie
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Back to work!

The Order for the Burial of the Dead is ready for PL
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Holy Communion also ready for PL