Covermakers Chat Thread

Non-reading activities need your help too!
SteveGough

Post by SteveGough »

Thanks Tricia and everyone for the updates about my Captain Scott project - great to hear it should be completed for Christmas, thanks so much and compliments of the season to you all!
msfry

Post by msfry »

annise wrote: December 7th, 2020, 12:51 pm The word I use to describe things like the short poetry covers is "series" just so words like "groups" which we use around here in a different connotation don't cause misunderstandings :D

Anne
And then there are "collections". I am so confused. :mrgreen:
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I thought you might like to see the email that info@ received today, It was in answer to my response to his email wishing to know how to donate.
For about two years I have been making CDs from the librivox library and donating them out military services overseas and on ships as well as veterans homes in the Pacific NW. More than a thousand I would guess by now as I don't keep a running tab. This project of mine has been a game changer for me as it has given me a great deal of satisfaction to do this in my senior years. I use the art that comes with the books and make up covers for the cds that slip into the paper envelopes with windows.
It's nice to know :D :D

Anne
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

...and (besides the cover art use, which is great!) that's more evidence to keep files at audio cd length!
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
msfry

Post by msfry »

annise wrote: December 9th, 2020, 10:06 pm I thought you might like to see the email that info@ received today, It was in answer to my response to his email wishing to know how to donate.
For about two years I have been making CDs from the librivox library and donating them out military services overseas and on ships as well as veterans homes in the Pacific NW. More than a thousand I would guess by now as I don't keep a running tab. This project of mine has been a game changer for me as it has given me a great deal of satisfaction to do this in my senior years. I use the art that comes with the books and make up covers for the cds that slip into the paper envelopes with windows.
It's nice to know :D :D

Anne
That is so nice.

I've made a few CD's to give as gifts myself, and have had to make disk labels for those. I've often thought of adding a disk label template to my printable CD covers template, but it is a bit more work having to reposition the words to fit a circular space, and probably wouldn't get much use.
Steven Seitel

Post by Steven Seitel »

Congratulations to msfry for a terrific cover that exactly captures the spirit of California Desert Trails!

https://ia801503.us.archive.org/6/items/california_desert_trails_2012_librivox/californiadeserttrails_2012.jpg

Well done, Michele! :thumbs: :D :thumbs:

Steve
...and then I thought: "Oh, what the Heck? Why not?..." —W.O.B.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thank you, Steven. Glad you liked it. I enjoyed listening to it, despite those awful "sidewinders". :shock:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I love how the Christmas Short Works Collection cover has the little characters wearing masks. :P
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

I would like to congratulate the cover designers for the last couple of short ghost and horror collections (I think I admired them but forgot to say so, so a belated thank you!). The latest one by Michele is terrifying, and I can't give it a higher compliment than that!
Erin
schrm

Post by schrm »

TriciaG wrote: December 29th, 2020, 8:02 am I added the preclaim.
well, let's see if you want to catalogue it :twisted: :lol:
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

schrm wrote: December 29th, 2020, 10:39 am
TriciaG wrote: December 29th, 2020, 8:02 am I added the preclaim.
well, let's see if you want to catalogue it :twisted: :lol:
I've already contributed to the sabotage of my win by cataloging another project today. Bring it on. :lol:
schrm

Post by schrm »

TriciaG wrote: December 29th, 2020, 10:58 am I've already contributed to the sabotage of my win by cataloging another project today. Bring it on. :lol:
...now i feel sorry, even :( 8-)
i'm sure, tomorrow will be the day, after i came home from work (or during my breakfast)
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
msfry

Post by msfry »

Newgatenovelist wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 3:03 pm I would like to congratulate the cover designers for the last couple of short ghost and horror collections (I think I admired them but forgot to say so, so a belated thank you!). The latest one by Michele is terrifying, and I can't give it a higher compliment than that!
Erin
I'm horrored! Rhaaaaaaaaa! I am constantly amazed how many views the short horror and short story collections rack up. They are definitely among the most popular. And there's a tremendous amount of artwork to choose from.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

There were 19 projects cataloged (so far) in the past two days. My, my - look at all those projects with unclaimed covers! :shock:
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Maybe we could accept 3 claims for a few days .....