COMPLETE: Studies in Stagecraft, by Clayton Hamilton - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

realisticspeakers wrote: December 6th, 2020, 1:06 pm Hello.
Since I wanted to read section 24 to myself for personal interest, I figured, hey, I might as well read it out loud, right?
I would like to claim section 24, please.
All yours - thanks!
jessicareads23 wrote: December 7th, 2020, 11:04 am I would like to read section 14, Plausibility in Plays.
Hi there! Thanks for claiming - I'll sign you up, but there are a couple of things to take care of first. I've essentially just copy & pasted this from my earlier response to Roypercy as it's the exact same info, so my apologies for any deja vu if you've already read through the thread :wink:

- Head over to the Listeners Wanted forum and post your 1-Minute Test recording. It's not an audition or anything, it's just to make sure that all of your technical settings and such are correct. For the full details, check out this article on the Wiki: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

- How would you like your name to appear in the Librivox catalogue? It can be whatever you like - your real name, your forum username, or something else entirely. We can also add a personal website to your catalogue page, if you're so inclined. Just let me know your choice.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend reading through the Newbie Guide to Recording, also on the Wiki. It's a wonderful resource for getting started, and can be found here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

Thanks for joining us - if anything's unclear, don't hesitate to ask. We're generally a pretty friendly bunch around here :mrgreen:
noahloganvo wrote: December 8th, 2020, 2:49 pm Here is my reading of Chapter 3 for PL:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/studiesinstagecraft_03_hamilton_128kbps.mp3
Also, I'd like to claim 14, 15, and 22 if possible.
Thanks! :thumbs:
Hi Noah!

Thank you for this. One small note - when you post your link, please also be sure to let us know the length of the file in mm:ss. Makes things easier for everyone that way :)

Another reader claimed Section 14 just prior to your post, but I've signed you up for 15 & 22. Thanks again!
Last edited by OooThatsNifty on December 9th, 2020, 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Readers Wanted: Seen on the Stage, by Clayton Hamilton
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

Thanks very much! What excellent timing :wink:
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

Also, a quick note for all of you wonderful new folks who've joined this project: to view your catalogue page, simply click your username in the MW (Magic Window). From there, if you click on the link for Reader Section Details below your username you will find a summary table showing the status of all the sections that you have signed up to read in open projects. Click on any of the thread titles in this list to navigate to the thread on the forum.

For those of you who haven't posted their preferred catalogue name just yet, I've set you up under your forum username - but don't worry, this is easily adjusted. Just post here and we'll take care of it right away.

realisticspeakers

OooThatsNifty wrote: December 9th, 2020, 6:50 pm
Thanks very much! What excellent timing :wink:
time zone :oops:
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
LaurenEmma3

Post by LaurenEmma3 »

Hello, here is my recording for the preface.
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/studiesinstagecraft_0_hamilton_128kb.mp3

Recording length 1 minute 49 seconds.

ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

LaurenEmma,
The Preface is PL Okay. Thank you!

Lora
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hi Noah,
Very nice recording of chapter #3! Two small PL notes: at 4:39 the word "unconsistent" should be changed to "uninsistent" in the phrase "...the conventional and uninsistent outlines..."
The ending silence is a bit long; please shorten it to only 5 secs.

Thanks,
Lora
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hello Realisticspeakers,
Great job on chapter 24! I have two small PL notes: at 8:56 please change "Internal" to "International" in the phrase "...the author of An International Marriage..." and at 17:11, please change "our" to "over" in "...times for giving over laughter..."

Thanks,
Lora
realisticspeakers

ADKreader1122 wrote: December 13th, 2020, 12:46 pm at 8:56 please change "Internal" to "International" in the phrase "...the author of An International Marriage..." and
at 17:11, please change "our" to "over" in "...times for giving over laughter..."
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/studiesinstagecraft_24_hamilton_128kb.mp3
[22:57]

changes made.

thank you!
Disclaimer:
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Great--chapter 24 is PL Okay.

Thank you,
Lora
noahloganvo

Post by noahloganvo »

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Jo
suzu94

Post by suzu94 »

Hello! I'd love to claim sections 7 and 8 if possible!
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

suzu94 wrote: December 19th, 2020, 7:06 pm Hello! I'd love to claim sections 7 and 8 if possible!
Absolutely - all yours! Thanks!