[COMPLETE] As You Like It by William Shakespeare - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Hamlet wrote: December 6th, 2020, 3:16 pm I don't voice either Orlando or Charles, so I don't know if grunts and pants from me would work lol
LOL right you are :lol: Though considering they'd be very quietly in the background, I don't think anyone would realize!
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wow you have all been busy this weekend :shock:

ok, I PLed all of Orlando's lines and they are ALL PL ok. Very well done, Tomas. :thumbs: That means every scene is now ready to be assembled.

Here is what still needs doing:

2 for me: 1.1. / 2.3.

4 for Tomas: 2.2. / 2.5. / 2.7. / 5.4.

4 for Brad: 2.4. / 2.6. / 3.2. / 5.2.

3 for Craig: 3.5. / 4.1. / 4.3.

I PLed all the outstanding scenes already and all are excellently stitched together. :clap: The singing was well merged, Tomas. All updated as PL ok so far, except 1.2. because I noticed I mispronounced Rowland wrongly there, so I will correct that as soon as I can. As a reminder to myself:

> at 12:02: "My father loved Sir Rowland as his soul"

thank you all

Sonia
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

When you make that correction is it still my job as editor of that scene to insert the correct line?

Brad
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hamlet wrote: December 7th, 2020, 2:41 am When you make that correction is it still my job as editor of that scene to insert the correct line?
no I will insert it right away in the correct edited file. It will be assembled into Act 1 anyway by Tomas and then re-Pled one last time by me, so there is enough checking before it's done.

Thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

here are my two sections. Tomas, you can probably PL them while you integrate them into Act 1 and 2 later on. In any case, there is an error in 1.1. for Orlando which I missed, could you correct this and put it into the assembled scene or later in the assembled act please?

> at 2:17: "I am not taught to make anything." – you forgot "not", which changes the meaning here. Sorry for not catching it before.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/asyoulikeit_1_1.mp3
Recording time: 10:53 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/asyoulikeit_2_3.mp3
Recording time: 4:41 min.

Sonia
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

perfect editing and PL ok, thank you Brad ! We're making nice progress here. I need to think about the cover :lol: I completely forgot. Anybody already thought about a picture ? I'll have a look what's on offer.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

did someone already PL my scene 2.3. from this morning or did I just change the status by mistake to PL ok ? :hmm: Tomas ?

For the time being I revert it back, I may have done it inadvertedly.

Sonia
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

I just did a google image search for "As You Like It artwork" and lots of nice paintings came up. I particularly like the one that Wikipedia uses in their article on Rosalind by Robert Walker Macbeth (how is that for a Shakespearean name?). He passed away in 1910 so I suspect there isn't a copyright issue. Here is the Wikipedia page. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosalind_(As_You_Like_It)

Brad
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hamlet wrote: December 8th, 2020, 9:20 amI just did a google image search for "As You Like It artwork" and lots of nice paintings came up. I particularly like the one that Wikipedia uses in their article on Rosalind by Robert Walker Macbeth (how is that for a Shakespearean name?). He passed away in 1910 so I suspect there isn't a copyright issue. Here is the Wikipedia page. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosalind_(As_You_Like_It)
:thumbs: well this is an excellent picture. I think I will go with that. Thank you, Brad, saves me the time to search for something myself.

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Kitty wrote: December 8th, 2020, 7:33 am did someone already PL my scene 2.3. from this morning or did I just change the status by mistake to PL ok ? :hmm: Tomas ?
Nope, wasn't me, but I did listen to it now at any rate and it is perfectly edited and PL OK! :thumbs:
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: December 8th, 2020, 3:57 pm Nope, wasn't me, but I did listen to it now at any rate and it is perfectly edited and PL OK! :thumbs:
thank you, it was probably me, changing the status in the wrong section when I PLed.

Sonia
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excellent job, Brad. Sounds great, assembled. :9: Both PL ok.

Thank you ! And have a relaxing weekend now.

Sonia
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

I'll try. But I've been neglecting Dickens. I need to go back to Martin Chuzzlewit now. :)

Brad