COMPLETE GROUP: [Russian] Детство by Лев Толстой-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
victorseremet

Post by victorseremet »

Hi Hanna,

Please review my first recording for this project.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/detstvo_02_tolstoy_128kb.mp3

Thanks and please let me know if anything needs to be changed.
Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Thank you!
Victor
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

victorseremet wrote: November 26th, 2020, 2:37 am Hi Hanna,

Thank you!
Victor
Hi Victor!
Thank you for a very quick upload :clap: It's the very first one for this project :D
Our DPL (dedicated prooflistener) Mark should give you a feedback soon.
From my side you've done everything correctly: you're in time and named the file correctly. Everything is in accordance with the instructions :thumbs:

Thank you very much!
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

victorseremet wrote: November 26th, 2020, 2:37 am ...

Thank you!
Victor
Hi, Victor,
It will be my job to review and give feedback. Please bear with me. :D
So far you are doing great -- there are no technical problems! Not bad for the first recording. :clap:
There is one little thing you could do -- please indicate the lengths of the uploaded tracks, so we see that no pieces were lost in uploading. I see you track is 5:44 long, hope that matches what you have. 8-)
I probably won't have time to listen until the next week, but don't worry, you will hear from me, and you don't have to wait, feel free to claim and record more sections. :thumbs:
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
victorseremet

Post by victorseremet »

chulsky wrote: November 26th, 2020, 7:41 pm It will be my job to review and give feedback. Please bear with me. :D
So far you are doing great -- there are no technical problems! Not bad for the first recording. :clap:
There is one little thing you could do -- please indicate the lengths of the uploaded tracks, so we see that no pieces were lost in uploading. I see you track is 5:44 long, hope that matches what you have. 8-)
I probably won't have time to listen until the next week, but don't worry, you will hear from me, and you don't have to wait, feel free to claim and record more sections. :thumbs:
Thank you, Mark!
Indeed, the Recording time is 5:44 min. For the future I will indicate the lengths of the uploaded tracks.

Thank you!
victorseremet

Post by victorseremet »

Hi Hanna,

I would like to claim Chapter III (Глава III. Папа) for reading.

Thank you!
HannaPonomarenko

victorseremet wrote: November 27th, 2020, 3:34 am Hi Hanna,

I would like to claim Chapter III (Глава III. Папа) for reading.

Thank you!
Hi Victor!
Глава III is yours now :)

Thank you!
becevka

Post by becevka »

My first recording for this project and first recording after a long pause, hope I haven't forgotten tech requirements.

Chapter I

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/detstvo_01_tolstoy_128kb.mp3

Duration
13:19.09
Wolfgang Bas
becevka

Post by becevka »

If you would not mind I would love to read Глава XV. Детство.
Thanks
Wolfgang Bas
HannaPonomarenko

becevka wrote: November 28th, 2020, 8:07 pm My first recording for this project and first recording after a long pause, hope I haven't forgotten tech requirements.

Chapter I

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/detstvo_01_tolstoy_128kb.mp3

Duration
13:19.09
Thank you Wolfgang! And welcome back to recording :clap:
Just a small note: we don't mention miliseconds indicating the duration so it is 13:19. Otherwise I think you've done well :D
HannaPonomarenko

becevka wrote: November 28th, 2020, 11:14 pm If you would not mind I would love to read Глава XV. Детство.
Thanks
Sure! Глава XV is yours :D
Thank you)
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

victorseremet wrote: November 26th, 2020, 2:37 am Please review my first recording for this project.

Thank you!
Victor
Dear Victor, you did a great job on section 2. There is one little omission, I do not hear "Конец Главы Maman" at the end. When you fix this, it will be a certain PL OK, for the "standard" PL level.
I don't know if you are familiar with different levels of PL: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Guide_for_Proof-listeners#Levels_of_Proof-listening
You may request a "special feedback" or "Constructive Criticism," if you wish, but you don't have to, of course.
Good job again :clap:
victorseremet

Post by victorseremet »

chulsky wrote: November 29th, 2020, 3:19 pm Dear Victor, you did a great job on section 2. There is one little omission, I do not hear "Конец Главы Maman" at the end. When you fix this, it will be a certain PL OK, for the "standard" PL level.
I don't know if you are familiar with different levels of PL: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Guide_for_Proof-listeners#Levels_of_Proof-listening
You may request a "special feedback" or "Constructive Criticism," if you wish, but you don't have to, of course.
Good job again :clap:
Hi Mark,

Thank you very much for your review and feedback.

Indeed, I was not aware of different levels of Proof listening. Certainly, I would like to receive both "special feedback" and "Constructive Criticism," as I am aware that I have a lot to learn.

Regarding the omission "Конец Главы Maman" at the end, could you please advise how to correct this? Do I need to re-record the whole chapter or to record only the missing words and patch them to the edited already prooof-listned part in Audacity?

Thank you!
Victor
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Hi Victor,

Please give me some time to perform a thorough CC PL.

Normally, no one has to re-record entire chapters, most of corrections are patched with Audacity. Narrators make these decisions. The ending definitely should be patched, but wait until I finish the PL :D
HannaPonomarenko

Hi guys!
In order to clarify the start and the end of recording I've updated the instructions reguarding these points by adding the text in red.

START of recording (Intro)
"Глава [такая-то (первая/ вторая/ третья и т.д.)] повести "История моего детства" из книги "Детство и отрочество" графа Льва Толстого. Эта запись сделана для проекта ЛибриВокс. Все записи ЛибриВокс являются общественным достоянием. Для справок, а также для участия в проекте, пожалуйста, посетите сайт librivox ТОЧКА org."
If you wish, say: "Запись сделал(а) [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Say:
"Глава [такая-то (первая/ вторая/ третья и т.д.)]. [Название главы]"

END of recording
At the end of the section, say:
"Конец Главы [такой-то] (первой/ второй/ третьей и т.д.)"

I hope our dear readers wouldn't mind to quick edit their uploaded files. Sorry for inconvenience.
Thank you so much for your time!
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

victorseremet wrote: November 30th, 2020, 2:49 am I would like to receive both "special feedback" and "Constructive Criticism," as I am aware that I have a lot to learn.
Hello Victor, here is the feedback. You don't have "a lot to learn," your reading is quite clear and is pleasure to listen. :thumbs:
I would make short pauses between sentences and direct speech by different characters, that could clarify the meaning, but I won't comment on specific instances.
The instances I am listing here are misplaced stresses. I realize they are difficult, and sometimes a little change in word forms, cases, etc. could push the stress to another syllable (like голОвкой vs. гОлову). If it is too tedious to fix them, just say so, and we could leave them as they are.
Here we go, the stressed vowels are capitalized:
0:07 Отрочество
1:20 рОдинка
1:45 рОзовенькими
1:50 Clementi (I hear Dementi)
2:00 крУжевом
2:45 голОвкой
3:10 and 3:45 слыхАл
4:30 гОлову
5:40 as Hanna clarified, please say "Конец главы второй"

Thank you
Last edited by chulsky on December 1st, 2020, 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.