[COMPLETE] Triumphant Democracy by Andrew Carnegie - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

I don't know what the 'problem' is, but the only time I get notified to a 'subscribed topic' is when I am "quoted" in the post. I checked, and the correct boxes are checked in the Control Panel and I am subscribed to all the ones I am active in. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
msfry

Post by msfry »

If this doesn't work, we'll need to ask an MC:
Control Panel/Board Preferences/Global Settings Yes Yes Yes/set Time Zone/Submit

Let me know how it works.

Also, every now and then I have quit getting notices, even on a project I'm BC'ing, so nowadays I unsubscribe/resubscribe about once a month to any project I'm involved with.
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

You are a magic worker. I went in, looked at it, didn't change a thing, and lo and behold, your message came up as a "notification". Neither you nor I had to do a thing, all you had to do was to tell me look at it and the problem was solved. I always know you were amazing. :!: :9:

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

The only issues I've ever had with the subscriptions is when I get a notification, then go look at the thread when not logged in.

When we do that, the system doesn't know you've seen the new posts, because it doesn't know you are you. ;) So it waits patiently, not sending more notifications, until you log in and view the thread.

So if you do peep in at a subscribed thread when logged out, be sure to drop back in when you're logged in again to reset the notification view status.

Hope this helps!
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 28 is uploaded, Chapter 20, General Reflections Part 1

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/triumphantdemocracy_28_carnegie_128kb.mp3 18:59

In some ways, it sounds just like today's politics.
ellisadvantage

Post by ellisadvantage »

Ch 5, Occupations

I'd like to give it a go.
msfry

Post by msfry »

ellisadvantage wrote: November 20th, 2020, 10:07 pm Ch 5, Occupations

I'd like to give it a go.
Hello Phil. Your 1 minute test put a big smile on my face, and sounded good, too. Welcome. Chapter 5 is yours. Couple of things I encourage you to do:
1. Introduce yourself, here.
2. Read the First Post (on every project you sign up for), which will tell you all you need to know about how to name your file, where to upload your file, what to recite for the Intro, Outro, and anything unique about this project you may need to know. All are a wee bit different.
3. On this project, the Section number differs from the Chapter number, so be sure to name your file using section#, but introduce your recording saying Chapter #. This confuses many people.

I look forward to listening to Carnegie's thoughts on Occupations. I'm sure he has a lot to say.
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Michele,

Missed your post until tonight. Will be out of town tomorrow but will get to it Tuesday.

Wayne

P.S. No 'notification', just looked,
Wayne
msfry

Post by msfry »

Kalamareader wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 6:25 pm Michele,

Missed your post until tonight. Will be out of town tomorrow but will get to it Tuesday.

Wayne

P.S. No 'notification', just looked,
So, more tweaking is needed until you get some kind of notifications of every post pertaining to a project you are on. I know little about "notifications" and less about "bookmarks". I just get an email notification and rarely lose a contact. But I do lose a few. It is frustrating. Wish I could help. I'm about to upload my last section, and I darn well want it to be seen without excessive delay. We just gotta figure this out! Stick with me. Let's do it. Someone in the know will come along.
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Michele,

Section 28 PL OK :thumbs:

Very well read.

A couple of observations. At 6:12 is the word "Marquis". My entire life I have heard it, and pronounced it "Mar-kee", and was going to note it, but investigating it I found that "Mar-qwiz" is also and accepted pronunciation. I just sound queer to my ear.

Also, I really enjoyed in comments on the differences in the forms of government. I have often noted the advantages of the form we have and the wisdom and foresight of the Founders who instituted them. And also the comments on the Income Tax. :clap:

Wayne
Wayne
Marya999

Post by Marya999 »

Hi Michele, no hurry, but I just wanted to make sure you saw that sections 5&6 were ready for spot PL :)

Still wondering who Eigenrac was. I asked Google, but she just wanted to sell me a piano.

Marya999 wrote: November 17th, 2020, 5:57 pm And here is section 6 with fixes. I'm not happy with the way the noise reduction turned out, I will do that last in future. Maybe with different settings? There is a thin high metallic sound and it sounds like coming through a tunnel. I've tried several things to reduce the need for noise reduction. It's a mains hum. I even tried putting my laptop as far as the cord would reach and reading off my phone, but that was hard to do...

I want to thank you for your feedback- as a new reader it is very helpful. If you have any other feedback I'd be happy to hear- I know I need to slow down at parts and use a rounder tone...shocking how much one forgets to breathe :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/triumphantdemocracy_06_carnegie_128kb.mp3

Marya999 wrote: November 13th, 2020, 2:17 pm 5.1 with fixes:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/triumphantdemocracy_05_carnegie_128kb.mp3

30:04
msfry

Post by msfry »

Sections 5 and 6 are PL OK. Nice edits! And a well read chapter, pleasant to listen to! Thank you. May I entice you to choose another?
Marya999

Post by Marya999 »

Thanks! I wasn't sure if you'd want a new reader's sticky jam thumbprints all over your book :wink: , but since you ask, I'd love to take another section, I'll look over the available chapters.
msfry wrote: November 24th, 2020, 5:47 pm Sections 5 and 6 are PL OK. Nice edits! And a well read chapter, pleasant to listen to! Thank you. May I entice you to choose another?
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 5:08 pm Posted Section 01 The Republic
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/triumphantdemocracy_01_carnegie_128kb.mp3 40:21
Thank you William. I look forward to listening!