COMPLETE - [Humor] Stories from the Trenches - lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MeelahMagnificent

Post by MeelahMagnificent »

adr6090 wrote: November 5th, 2020, 12:27 pm
MeelahMagnificent wrote: November 5th, 2020, 10:56 am I am! Does that disqualify me :oops:
Absolutely not & welcome to Librivox(lv). I hope that you will enjoy it. There are alot of wonderful people who volunteer at lv & they seem to be most willing to help when requested.

First you need to take the 1-minute test:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

I have also included a section that is well worth your reading.

I will keep in my mind which sections you would like to record. First you must do the 1-minute test to ensure that you are technically set, correctly. Once you have passed that please do let me know and then I will put you in the mw as the reader.
Hi April,

I FINALLY passed the 1 minute test and I am ready to be assigned my sections to begin reading :D :clap: :P
MM
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Wonderful! In the mw you will see the sections already have you listed as reader. Enjoy your reading!
April

MeelahMagnificent wrote: November 19th, 2020, 7:21 pm
adr6090 wrote: November 5th, 2020, 12:27 pm
MeelahMagnificent wrote: November 5th, 2020, 10:56 am I am! Does that disqualify me :oops:
Absolutely not & welcome to Librivox(lv). I hope that you will enjoy it. There are alot of wonderful people who volunteer at lv & they seem to be most willing to help when requested.

First you need to take the 1-minute test:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

I have also included a section that is well worth your reading.

I will keep in my mind which sections you would like to record. First you must do the 1-minute test to ensure that you are technically set, correctly. Once you have passed that please do let me know and then I will put you in the mw as the reader.
Hi April,

I FINALLY passed the 1 minute test and I am ready to be assigned my sections to begin reading :D :clap: :P
MM
MeelahMagnificent

Hi!

I hope I am doing this write. I have uploaded to Linny for section 14 and the length of the audio is 11:23

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/storiesfromthetrenches_14_case_128kb.mp3.mp3

MM
MeelahMagnificent

adr6090 wrote: July 19th, 2020, 3:58 pm Stories from the Trenches: Funny Tales the Soldiers Tell by Carleton Case (1857 - ?).

Carleton B. Case is well known for wit and humor, as the title of the book leads one to believe this book will follow suit. This book is in the public domain in the U.S. according to bibrec. (April6090)
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/49653
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
      ===========================================

Genres for the project: War & Military Fiction, Non-Fiction Humor

Keywords that describe the book: humourous military stories that are told from authentic sources

============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "Chapter [number] of Stories from the Trenches: Funny Tales the Soldiers Tell. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        "Stories from the Trenches: Funny Tales the Soldiers Tell, by Carleton Case. [Chapter #, title]"

END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of [Chapter #]"

Note: If your section has multiple stories please leave ~1.5 seconds between stories.
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of Stories from the Trenches: Funny Tales the Soldiers Tell, by Carleton Case."

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      storiesfromthetrenches_##_case_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. storiesfromthetrenches_01_case_128kb.mp3)
    9. Example ID3 V2 tags
      (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
      Please ignore tags - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
      Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
        https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: linny
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
Hi,

Here is recording for Chapter 4. It is 11:23 in length :).

MM
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

MeelahMagnificent wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 10:27 am
Hi,

MM
MM, would you mind editing your last post to remove the MW and other information? It is a little confusing to me.
MeelahMagnificent

KevinS wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 10:44 am
Hi,

MM
MM, would you mind editing your last post to remove the MW and other information? It is a little confusing to me.
Hi !

I'm sorry I cannot say I know what the "MW" is? However, no I do not mind making any edits needed!

Thanks!

MM
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

MeelahMagnificent wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 1:37 pm
Hi !

I'm sorry I cannot say I know what the "MW" is? However, no I do not mind making any edits needed!

Thanks!

MM
My apologies! I forgot you are new to our membership.

The 'MW' is the Magic Window, that funny chart-like thing towards the beginning of every thread.

Let's forget about your worrying about any edits to your previous posts for now.

I'm looking forward to hearing your work. I bet it will be great!
MeelahMagnificent

KevinS wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 1:51 pm
Hi !

Thanks!

MM
My apologies! I forgot you are new to our membership.

The 'MW' is the Magic Window, that funny chart-like thing towards the beginning of every thread.

Let's forget about your worrying about any edits to your previous posts for now.

I'm looking forward to hearing your work. I bet it will be great!
Thanks so much! Yes I am new but I will be sure to keep that in mind moving forward, I want to submit quality post :)

MM
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

TomHersant wrote: November 1st, 2020, 4:20 pm Greetings,

Here is Section 1, duration of 21mm39ss:
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/storiesfromthetrenches_01_case_128kb.mp3

Tommy
PL OK!
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello I apologize for not explaining the mw better. Kevin has explained it well though, thank you Kevin.

This is how it breaks down:
I am the bc (book coordinator); I posted the book so I am the person who okays a reader for whichever selection(s) they choose to read once they pass the 1-minute test it is theirs to read.

Kevin is the Dpl (dedicated proof listener); he listens to each section once the reader has posted it to this thread and posted the time it is as well. He will then mark it pl(proof listener) okay or list the edits that should be made for it to be pl okay.

Linny is the Mc (Master coordinator); she has knowledge to help with any issues that may crop up once she has set up the mw & people are reading sections. She is also the person who "closes" the book once all the sections are pl okay.
Then of course there are the readers.

All are necessary for each book on Librivox.

I can put the posted finished sections into the mw and mark it that is ready to be pled. Actually I do think that Kevin & Linny can do that as well.

I do hope the above information is pleasing for you & not overwhelming to read as you do seem like the kind of person who would like to know just a bit more?

Also if Kevin and/or Linny would like to comment on what I have written, please do. :D

April

Hi,

MM
Hi !

Thanks!

MM
MeelahMagnificent

adr6090 wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 6:16 pm Hello I apologize for not explaining the mw better. Kevin has explained it well though, thank you Kevin.

I am the bc (book coordinator); I posted the book so I am the person who okays a reader for whichever selection(s) they choose to read once they pass the 1-minute test it is theirs to read.

Kevin is the Dpl (dedicated proof listener); he listens to each section once the reader has posted it to this thread and posted the time it is as well. He will then mark it pl(proof listener) okay or list the edits that should be made for it to be pl okay.

Linny is the Mc (Master coordinator); she has knowledge to help with any issues that may crop up once she has set up the mw & people are reading sections. She is also the person who "closes" the book once all the sections are pl okay.

I can put the posted finished sections into the mw and mark it that is ready to be pled. Actually I do think that Kevin & Linny can do that as well.

I do hope the above information is pleasing for you & not overwhelming to read as you do seem like the kind of person who would like to know just a bit more?

Also if Kevin and/or Linny would like to comment on what I have written, please do. :D

April

Hi !

Thanks!

MM
Hi April,

Thank you for the information! This actually does help a lot, at this time I do not have further questions, but should they arise I now know who to direct them to :D !

MM
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

MeelahMagnificent wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 7:43 pm
adr6090 wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 6:16 pm Hello I apologize for not explaining the mw better. Kevin has explained it well though, thank you Kevin.

April

Hi !

Thanks!

MM
Hi April,

Thank you for the information! This actually does help a lot, at this time I do not have further questions, but should they arise I now know who to direct them to :D !

MM
You are welcome and please do not hesitate to ask questions.
April
linny

Post by linny »

adr6090 wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 6:16 pm Linny is the Mc (Master coordinator); she has knowledge to help with any issues that may crop up once she has set up the mw & people are reading sections. She is also the person who "closes" the book once all the sections are pl okay.
As much as 'master coordinator' sounds interesting MC actually stands for Meta coordinators. The name comes from metadata, or MCs. We provide help and advise Book Coordinators, and take over the files with the completed recordings (soloists are also Book Coordinators in this sense, as they prepare their own files for the Meta coordinators). The files are then prepared and uploaded to the LibriVox catalogue and Internet Archive, in a lengthy and cumbersome process.
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

linny wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 1:46 pm
adr6090 wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 6:16 pm Linny is the Mc (Master coordinator); she has knowledge to help with any issues that may crop up once she has set up the mw & people are reading sections. She is also the person who "closes" the book once all the sections are pl okay.
As much as 'master coordinator' sounds interesting MC actually stands for Meta coordinators. The name comes from metadata, or MCs. We provide help and advise Book Coordinators, and take over the files with the completed recordings (soloists are also Book Coordinators in this sense, as they prepare their own files for the Meta coordinators). The files are then prepared and uploaded to the LibriVox catalogue and Internet Archive, in a lengthy and cumbersome process.
Ah, thank you for the clarification. :D
April
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

MeelahMagnificent wrote: November 21st, 2020, 10:15 pm Hi!

I hope I am doing this write. I have uploaded to Linny for section 14 and the length of the audio is 11:23

MM
Thank you for your contribution! Just one correction to be made. You seem to have cut off half of a word at 3:04.