[COMPLETE][SOLO]The House of Mystery by Richard Marsh - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

The House of Mystery by Richard Marsh (1857 - 1915).

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project: https://librivox.org/house-of-mystery-by-richard-marsh/
The House of Mystery is based upon the complicated plot involving two women who look exactly alike, one rich and one poor, and so mistaken identities bring about comic and tragic madness. ( )
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/1898thehouseofmysteryrichardmarsh/page9n7/mode/2up
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of The House of Mystery. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "The House of Mystery, by Richard Marsh. [Chapter/Title]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of The House of Mystery by Richard Marsh. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The House of Mystery, by Richard Marsh. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename houseofmystery_##_marsh_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. houseofmystery_01_marsh_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Kitty
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here it is, Sonia. It was described as being Shakespearian so I chose this one.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah that was a fast decision, Jim 8-) And how did you get the summary that quick ? Do you know the book already ? It sounds promising. Let me set it up before I log off for the night. Looking forward to hearing the mystery unfold.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok MW ready to be populated. I left "Chapter" in the intro, instead of Section, as I think Marsh's chapters are always short enough to fit in one section. If you think they are longer, switch to Section to be on the safe side.

Moving straight to Going Solo. Let a new adventure begin :)

Sonia
MARIA8746

Post by MARIA8746 »

Hello there. I would love to start the Section 1 or Chapter 1 of The House of Mystery.
Is it possible to do? or someone is working on it? I'm new to LibriVox and I need your support.

Thanks
Maria
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Maria, this book is still in the process of being set up as a solo project, which means I will be doing all of it. Sorry to disappoint. But there are many works available that are collaborative projects. Or you can set up your own solo project. Search on librivox.org for instructions. Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MARIA8746 wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 5:34 amHello there. I would love to start the Section 1 or Chapter 1 of The House of Mystery.
Is it possible to do? or someone is working on it? I'm new to LibriVox and I need your support.
hello Maria and welcome to our forum :)

this project has been launched as a SOLO by one single reader, so the sections are not up for claims. All the projects in this subforum "Going Solo" are exclusively Solos.

If you want to participate in a group project, you can check out all the Open projects in the following subforums:
> Readers Wanted: Short Works (Poetry & Prose) viewforum.php?f=19
> Readers Wanted: Books viewforum.php?f=2
> Readers Wanted: Dramatic Works viewforum.php?f=27
> Readers Wanted: Languages other than English viewforum.php?f=60

good luck with your first section :) I see you already started with a one-minute-test :thumbs: as soon as it is OKed you are ready to roll.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I hope I haven't overreached, but I thought I better put in my name. But you were right there with Maria. Sorry.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 6:16 amI hope I haven't overreached, but I thought I better put in my name. But you were right there with Maria. Sorry.
:shock: yikes, did I forget to put your name to the sections ? :oops: sorry, that was a mistake on my part, shouldn't have happened. You did well. Thanks

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

And I will put in the chapter titles as I go along. So you don't have to put them for me. Ok? :D
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is Section 1. Excellent! :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

indeed, a strong start ! I wouldn't have stayed in that office for one minute longer. :evil: Such abuse at work is inacceptable. I hope they all had their mouth open at the final mention of the Countess :lol: suits them right.

I think this book will be great :9: The first chapter is PL ok.

Thanks

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Yeah, I am looking forward to it. :D
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is Section 2. I am liking Madeleine. :thumbs: Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

aha now the plot gets explained. A double ! :shock: I already have my little theory :lol: So the daughter of the countess married below her status, so maybe...she had twins and the grandmother doesn't know that. Maybe the do-no-gooder father gave one of the girls up for adoption because he didn't want to support two kids... So this is the lost twin sister. (ok it's a bit far-fetched, but so would be that they totally look alike without being family related :lol: )

Absolutely PL ok, thanks Jim. A hooking story.

Sonia