COMPLETE [POLISH] Manifest Komunistyczny by Karl Marx/Friedrich Engels - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
blazeiro

Post by blazeiro »

Manifest Komunistyczny by Friedrich Engels (1820 - 1895) and others. Translated by Witold Piekarski (1857 - 1909)

This project is complete and all audio files can be found in the catalogue: https://librivox.org/manifest-komunistyczny-by-marx-and-engels/
( )
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://pl.wikisource.org/wiki/Manifest_Komunistyczny
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
    ============================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Political Science

Keywords that describe the book: marx, komunizm, socjalizm, manifest

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Manifest Komunistyczny. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Manifest Komunistyczny, by Friedrich Engels. Translated by Witold Piekarski (1857 - 1909) [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Manifest Komunistyczny by Friedrich Engels. Translated by Witold Piekarski (1857 - 1909) This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Manifest Komunistyczny, by Friedrich Engels. Translated by Witold Piekarski (1857 - 1909)"

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename manifestkomunistyczny_##_marx_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. manifestkomunistyczny_01_marx_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: Friedrich Engels
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: Manifest Komunistyczny

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Rapunzelina
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hello blazeiro! Welcome to Librivox!

If you have no previous experience with recording, it is highly recommended to start with a short piece (maybe a poem or short story in Polish for the multilingual collection, or a section or two in a group project), just to see what it takes to record, to edit, to upload, to get proof-listened, etc. That is, to get acquainted with the whole Librivox process. Then with more experience under your belt you'll be able to start and complete a solo audio book to be proud of :D

Let me know when you're ready, and I'll set you up with a Magic Window.
blazeiro

Post by blazeiro »

Rapunzelina wrote: October 6th, 2020, 1:39 pm Hello blazeiro! Welcome to Librivox!

If you have no previous experience with recording, it is highly recommended to start with a short piece (maybe a poem or short story in Polish for the multilingual collection, or a section or two in a group project), just to see what it takes to record, to edit, to upload, to get proof-listened, etc. That is, to get acquainted with the whole Librivox process. Then with more experience under your belt you'll be able to start and complete a solo audio book to be proud of :D

Let me know when you're ready, and I'll set you up with a Magic Window.
Hi! As you advised me to do, I have recorded a poem for the 26th multilingual collection. Now, that I have more experience with the process, I think I'm ready to record this piece :D
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Splendid! I hope you enjoyed recording! :clap:

We have now a Magic Window for this project. You'll have to create a separate password for the Workflow (the Magic Window system)
and here's all you need to know: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Soloists:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window#Accessing_the_System_.E2.80.93_First_Time_Login

It also has information on how to keep the Magic Window updated, but let me know if anything is unclear, once you've tried it.

Here is a suggested intro/disclaimer in Polish
START of recording (Intro)

"Rozdział [Nr][Tytuł], z książki "....". Nagranie LibriVox. Wszystkie nagrania Librivox należą do domeny publicznej. Więcej informacji o nagraniach lub wolontariacie - na stronie: librivox KROPKA org" Jeżeli chcesz, dodaj: "Czyta [Twoje imię]" Koniecznie dodaj: "[autor] [pauza] [tytuł]. Rozdział [Nr] [Tytuł rozdziału]" " [/i]

END of recording

At the end of the section, say: "Koniec rozdziału [Nr][Tytuł]:" Jeżeli chcesz, dodaj: "Czytał/a [Twoje imię], [miasto, Twój blog, podcast, adres www]" Na końcu książki dodatkowo powiedz: Koniec książki [autor] "[tytuł]".
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I have moved us to Going Solo!

Good job on updating the Magic Window! I am glad you have access with no problems!

It helps to also type the duration of a file in the Notes fields, and post in the thread whenever you upload a file, to mark the activity.

I have listened to your recording following the text, and it is PL OK! Thanks! Nice reading!
blazeiro

Post by blazeiro »

New section ready for PL :D I've noticed mid-recording that I've mispronounced a couple words, and changed the pronunciation from there. However, I wasn't sure if it's better to re-record the mispronounced sections, so I will leave it to PL.

-blazeiro
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Nice progress! I probably won't be able to comment on Polish pronunciation so I have asked for Proof-listeners. Hopefully someone will come along soon :D
blazeiro

Post by blazeiro »

Next section ready for PL! :D

-blazeiro
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Fantastic! Nice progress :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hello blazeiro,

I see you are in need of a DPL, I checked Section 1 to see whether I could follow with the text. Your reading is very clear and not too fast, so I managed. Section 1 is PL ok. I will try to check the other section soon, probably tomorrow.

Rapunzelina, you can put me in as DPL here :)

Sonia
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Cool, Sonia! I did.
blazeiro

Post by blazeiro »

Thank you very much, Sonia!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Section 2 is also PL ok. Perfect narration :) :thumbs:

I'll keep an eye on the thread for any new updates. If you post a new link, please make a comment in the thread, then I get notified.

Thanks

Sonia
blazeiro

Post by blazeiro »

New section ready!

- blazeiro
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excellent, the project is progressing nicely. :thumbs:

This time I found 2 small things to correct though:

> at 21:12: stumble and repeat: "Zwolennicy Owena walczą w Anglii z czar..." – can be cut once

> at the end, please leave a standard of 5 seconds of silence. You only have 2 seconds here

thanks

Sonia