[COMPLETE]The Marquis of Lossie, MacDonald-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

mightyfelix wrote: November 17th, 2020, 3:55 pm Yikes! I don't do well in cold weather. It's been in the 30s the last couple of mornings, and that's about my limit.
Temperature tolerance is all relative! :lol: Since it got above 30 and the sun was shining for an hour yesterday, I went outside to wash some windows!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Chapter 9 is up.

This chapter resulted in a humorous blooper: https://librivox.org/uploads/bloopers/portlyplace_blooper.mp3

I also spent a full two minutes attempting to say "in sic a whummle an' a rum'le an' a remish." :lol:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

mightyfelix wrote: November 20th, 2020, 10:00 pm Chapter 9 is up.

This chapter resulted in a humorous blooper: https://librivox.org/uploads/bloopers/portlyplace_blooper.mp3

I also spent a full two minutes attempting to say "in sic a whummle an' a rum'le an' a remish." :lol:
Love it! I've kept a few of my favorite bloopers as well. :lol:

And as I just came off of editing a chapter myself, I know what you mean about those occasional impossible phrases... though I can have those struggles with plain old English some days!!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Chapter 9 is PL OK. What a fascinating cross-cultural view of London... and great sarcasm! :D
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I've had a lingering sore throat for a few days :? , but nevertheless, I brewed up a cup of peppermint tea and pressed on with chapters 10 and 11! :mrgreen:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I had some tea left, so I rounded it off with chapter 12. Felt like I had to make up for only doing one chapter last week. :lol:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

mightyfelix wrote: December 4th, 2020, 10:43 pm I had some tea left, so I rounded it off with chapter 12. Felt like I had to make up for only doing one chapter last week. :lol:
Love the rationale! (And tea! Have you ever grown and dried your own peppermint tea? It grows like a weed in our garden. We like Chocolate Mint even better if you can find the plant.)

Get well soon! "The" virus had me too fatigued to record for a couple weeks last month. Always good to get back to it.
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I tried growing my own. I had some chocolate mint in a container. (No yard here, sadly.) But I lost almost all of my container plants last year in a sudden frost. :cry: I tried chamomile, too, but I started it from seed, and the seedlings were not able to stand up to Texas sun.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

mightyfelix wrote: December 5th, 2020, 8:06 am I tried growing my own. I had some chocolate mint in a container. (No yard here, sadly.) But I lost almost all of my container plants last year in a sudden frost. :cry: I tried chamomile, too, but I started it from seed, and the seedlings were not able to stand up to Texas sun.
Sad!

On a happy note, sections 10-12 are PL OK!
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Two more chapters for you!

The wind has been blowing hard all day and rattling my windows, but I finally decided to do my best to record anyway. If you hear any rattling or other odd bumps in the night, please let me know.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Yeah, the wind can stop me from recording too. But these sounded good to me. 13 and 14 are PL OK!
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Chapter 15 is up. I'll try to do 16 today as well, but first I have to put some food in my tummy so that my mic doesn't hear it growling. :wink:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And here's chapter 16!

While most of my memory of this book is fuzzy, I do remember this estrangement between Malcolm and Blue Peter, and I remember that it broke my heart while it lasted. :cry: I knew it would be coming soon.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

mightyfelix wrote: December 19th, 2020, 9:46 pm And here's chapter 16!

While most of my memory of this book is fuzzy, I do remember this estrangement between Malcolm and Blue Peter, and I remember that it broke my heart while it lasted. :cry: I knew it would be coming soon.
Oh, I had forgotten that part... sad! But I remember a happy ending. :D Hope to PL in a couple days.
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

One more chapter ready for you.