COMPLETE[PLAY]The Litigants by Racine - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

ToddHW wrote: November 19th, 2020, 8:55 am Thank you.

No need to use section numbers in plays - we move the sections around in the MW all the time so their numbers change.

Thanks, Todd
Thanks, Todd. Force of habit!

Take care,

Greg
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you for the fast turn-around, Greg. And L'Intimé is exactly like I thought he would be. The prototype of the witty servant. You played him excellently. I especially liked the scene where you speak very fast :lol: well done and without stumbling (lots of practice before recording ?)

I'll mark 2 and 3 already PL ok.

Just a small redo for the voice credit in Act 1 please:

> at 0:01: please always read the full description that you can see in the MW, here: "L'Intimé, a clerk, read by..."

thanks

Sonia
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Kitty wrote: November 20th, 2020, 5:38 am
thank you for the fast turn-around, Greg. And L'Intimé is exactly like I thought he would be. The prototype of the witty servant. You played him excellently. I especially liked the scene where you speak very fast :lol: well done and without stumbling (lots of practice before recording ?)

I'll mark 2 and 3 already PL ok.

Just a small redo for the voice credit in Act 1 please:

> at 0:01: please always read the full description that you can see in the MW, here: "L'Intimé, a clerk, read by..."

thanks

Sonia
Thank you for the kind comments, Sonia. I shall make the correcrion this weekend.

In response to your question, I read the section only once before recording. I find that over practicing complicated pieces make recording more difficult for me.

Take care,

Greg
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Sonia,

I have added the missing piece of the voice credit for Act One:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/litigants_lintime_1_128kb.mp3

Many thanks!

Greg
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

GregGiordano wrote: November 21st, 2020, 6:03 am I have added the missing piece of the voice credit for Act One:
excellent, now definitely PL ok. Thank you, Greg :)

Sonia
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Kitty wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 5:39 am
GregGiordano wrote: November 21st, 2020, 6:03 am I have added the missing piece of the voice credit for Act One:
excellent, now definitely PL ok. Thank you, Greg :)

Sonia
It was a fun part to read!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Assembled as much as I can while awaiting the stage directions.

Thanks, Todd
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: November 24th, 2020, 6:22 pmAct 3 Stage directions completed.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/litigants_stagedirections_3_128kb.mp3
thank you, Chris, the file we were all waiting for 8-)

Excellent job again nothing missing. Only one cut:

> from 1:08-1:18: (p. 237) you don't need to include the footnotes, can be cut

But in case you cannot do it right away and Todd wants to assemble already, I guess he could just ignore that part. Everything he needs is in there. In fact that's also true for Act 2, where there were only cuts which can be ignored. As for Act 1, you don't have to say the voice credits now as I think that all the readers said their complete credits. So all that is left to add is in Act 1: at 4:16: (p. 206): "Petit-Jean, to the Countess" – we need to include the name of the character, as the directions come at the beginning of the speech.

Todd: if you want you can finish up Acts 2 and 3 if you can work around the cuts. Let us know, in that case, Chris does not have to reupload.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: November 25th, 2020, 3:06 am
SonOfTheExiles wrote: November 24th, 2020, 6:22 pmAct 3 Stage directions completed.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/litigants_stagedirections_3_128kb.mp3
thank you, Chris, the file we were all waiting for 8-)

Excellent job again nothing missing. Only one cut:

> from 1:08-1:18: (p. 237) you don't need to include the footnotes, can be cut

But in case you cannot do it right away and Todd wants to assemble already, I guess he could just ignore that part. Everything he needs is in there. In fact that's also true for Act 2, where there were only cuts which can be ignored. As for Act 1, you don't have to say the voice credits now as I think that all the readers said their complete credits. So all that is left to add is in Act 1: at 4:16: (p. 206): "Petit-Jean, to the Countess" – we need to include the name of the character, as the directions come at the beginning of the speech.

Todd: if you want you can finish up Acts 2 and 3 if you can work around the cuts. Let us know, in that case, Chris does not have to reupload.

Sonia
Actually looks like I have everything I need now for all acts except a voice credit for the stage directions from Chris.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Everything assembled except for stage direction voice credit (in Act 1).

Must groom before PL.

Thanks, Todd
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

The missing piece...

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/litigants_voice_credit_stage_directions_128kb.mp3

Cheers,
Chris

P.S. Please let me know if you ever do "The Winter's Tale". I'd kinda like to read that stage direction in Act 3 that says "[Exit, pursued by a bear]".
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. I had to flee a bear in one of the Molieres as well....

Everything is ready for final PL. I think ye'all sound great. Now back to being tragic as Racine really intended in his plays!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: November 25th, 2020, 6:46 pmEverything is ready for final PL. I think ye'all sound great.
totally agree, after having listened to the entire play ! :9: Everybody is perfect in their characters. Some scenes are simply hilarious (I laughed a lot in the scene with the countess and Chicaneau, if I may say so myself :oops: ). The capon judging scene was also brilliant, especially Greg's performance as lawyer. I noticed you cut out all the voice-descriptions there and well done, because he conveyed the nuances excellently each time. :thumbs:

You were all great ! :clap:

Acts 2 and 3 perfectly assembled and PL ok already.

One small name missing in Act 1:

> at 12:47: (p. 195) "Leander, pointing to Isabelle's dwelling" – we need to include the name here as it's at the beginning of the speech

Thank you, Todd, yet another great play finished.

Sonia