ZOOM Discussion Thread

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
msfry

Post by msfry »

mightyfelix wrote: November 20th, 2020, 4:18 pm If Phil has login info for the "official" donated LibriVox Zoom account, he could maybe share that info with the other admins. Then, as long as at least one of us is available to host, I think we could easily use that account. I'm sure he'll be able to chime in on that when he gets a chance to take a break from unpacking.
Here is Zoom's information on Changing The Account Owner, setting up permissions, admins, etc. By my reading, each account is affiliated with just one email address, and that is Phil's at the moment.
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005686983-Changing-the-account-owner
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but an account (Phil's gifted account) would sign in with a login (email) and password, right? So Phil could share his email address and password with the meeting host. The account doesn't need to be officially signed over to a different user.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

If Phil has login info for the "official" donated LibriVox Zoom account, he could maybe share that info with the other admins. Then, as long as at least one of us is available to host, I think we could easily use that account. I'm sure he'll be able to chime in on that when he gets a chance to take a break from unpacking.
I think anything like that would require discussion amongst all the admins. I understand this is being talked about on facebook so that people do not even need to be LV members so maybe that would be a dangerous path to start on. I'm not anti-people who want getting together to have a chat about LV but feel strongly official business should be conducted in the forum so everyone can see it and comment if they wish there.

Anne
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

annise wrote: November 20th, 2020, 4:46 pm
If Phil has login info for the "official" donated LibriVox Zoom account, he could maybe share that info with the other admins. Then, as long as at least one of us is available to host, I think we could easily use that account. I'm sure he'll be able to chime in on that when he gets a chance to take a break from unpacking.
I think anything like that would require discussion amongst all the admins. I understand this is being talked about on facebook so that people do not even need to be LV members so maybe that would be a dangerous path to start on. I'm not anti-people who want getting together to have a chat about LV but feel strongly official business should be conducted in the forum so everyone can see it and comment if they wish there.

Anne
Yes, of course all the admins would need to be ok with it. I only mention it as a possibility so that perhaps we can begin discussion on it.
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

ColleenMc wrote: November 20th, 2020, 12:46 pm I'm going to be starting a week long dog/housesit with a whole menagerie of animals (2 beagles, possible grandma's foofy dog as well, 2 parrotlets, 3 backyard chickens and a hermit crab) ...

Colleen
I’m sorry that you won’t be at the meeting this Sunday, Colleen. I have this great picture in my head of you sitting at your computer with all sorts of critters on your head, lap, flying around, etc. Sort of a Zoom event with a lady Doctor Doolittle. :)
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Lordt. I'll either be in the chaos of trying to pack up all my stuff and move over there, or the chaos of getting all the animals settled in. Trust me, you don't want two confused baying beagles with you all on the Zoom! They settle down after the first day, but arrival and settling in is crazy! I'll miss you guys though!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
msfry

Post by msfry »

annise wrote: November 20th, 2020, 4:46 pm I understand this is being talked about on facebook so that people do not even need to be LV members so maybe that would be a dangerous path to start on. I'm not anti-people who want getting together to have a chat about LV but feel strongly official business should be conducted in the forum so everyone can see it and comment if they wish there.

Anne
I do not visit the Facebook site so I didn't know this. I am actually not terribly comfortable with non-LV members attending our Zoom sessions. Phil initiated it but I still don't understand the rationale. I like it being "just us", and it isn't hard to become a member.

Could someone give me the Facebook page addy?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

That mother and daughter, something like MZKay, were from the Facebook "LibriVox Readers and Listeners" group. They joined the forum after having been to a Zoom meeting.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/46088852996/
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
msfry

Post by msfry »

TriciaG wrote: November 20th, 2020, 6:10 pm That mother and daughter, something like MZKay, were from the Facebook "LibriVox Readers and Listeners" group. They joined the forum after having been to a Zoom meeting.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/46088852996/
Thanks for the addy.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

TriciaG wrote: November 20th, 2020, 4:37 pm Correct me if I'm wrong, but an account (Phil's gifted account) would sign in with a login (email) and password, right? So Phil could share his email address and password with the meeting host. The account doesn't need to be officially signed over to a different user.
I can certainly do that.
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

mightyfelix wrote: November 20th, 2020, 4:18 pm If Phil has login info for the "official" donated LibriVox Zoom account, he could maybe share that info with the other admins. Then, as long as at least one of us is available to host, I think we could easily use that account. I'm sure he'll be able to chime in on that when he gets a chance to take a break from unpacking.
Sounds good to me!
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

ColleenMc wrote: November 20th, 2020, 5:45 pm Lordt. I'll either be in the chaos of trying to pack up all my stuff and move over there, or the chaos of getting all the animals settled in. Trust me, you don't want two confused baying beagles with you all on the Zoom! They settle down after the first day, but arrival and settling in is crazy! I'll miss you guys though!

Colleen
I'll miss you!
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Michele. Do you need anything for the zoom tomorrow? My account info? My computer is working and 'set up' so I plan to join. Let me know, eh? I am very tired and my knees hurt but other than that, the rest of me hurts too ha.
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
msfry

Post by msfry »

philchenevert wrote: November 21st, 2020, 1:17 pm Michele. Do you need anything for the zoom tomorrow? My account info? My computer is working and 'set up' so I plan to join. Let me know, eh? I am very tired and my knees hurt but other than that, the rest of me hurts too ha.
Thanks, but Adrian has got us covered for tomorrow, so sit your tired self down, take a rest, and let him do the driving. Look forward to seeing you.
loon

Post by loon »

I'm not seeing any activity in the Zoom meeting. Is the time Noon Eastern? - or Central? - or something else?
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN