Complete[POETRY] Anthology of Magazine Verse for 1913 edited by William Stanley Braithwaite-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

kathan54 wrote: November 17th, 2020, 1:34 pm Going to read Perugia (#29). Katie Bond
Okay, I've put you in for this.
Thanks.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mariahwebber wrote: November 17th, 2020, 2:33 pm I would like to do, A Roman Doll, by Agnes Lee, #17. But I did notice there is already a recording on Librivox for this poem. What does that mean?
Thank you for your interest in this project.
We do, however, request that our new readers first complete a one-minute test recording to check out all of your technical specifications and any reading issues.

From the instructions for this, and all, projects under Point 2

New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!

Among the useful information there you will find instructions for completing your test recording. Once you have the "OK" on that post again here with your request and also let us know how you would like to be credited in the LibriVox catalog - real name, pseudonym or other nickname.

It is not unusual for poems to be recording in multiple places. I see this one was recorded for a short poetry collection, (we do one collection each month and a reader can submit up to three poems per volume). This poem appears in this anthology, but it is possible that it is included in another anthology or in the author's own book. I suppose we have several dozen recordings of "The Raven" somewhere. :lol:

PS: I assume you mean Section 14, which is what Ive put you in for
~ Larry
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
RachDM

Post by RachDM »

Hello,

I would like to claim section 31: St. John and the Faun, by George Edward Woodberry if that's ok?

Thanks, Rachel
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

RachDM wrote: November 18th, 2020, 6:06 am Hello,

I would like to claim section 31: St. John and the Faun, by George Edward Woodberry if that's ok?

Thanks, Rachel
I've put you in for this.
Thank you!
~ Larry
datnguyen1110

Post by datnguyen1110 »

silverquill wrote: November 17th, 2020, 9:06 am
datnguyen1110 wrote: November 17th, 2020, 6:22 am Hello! I am new to LibriVox. I wish to go by the name of Damien1110. I would like to record section 39 "Rich Man, Poor Man" by Francis Hill. Thank you!
Thank you for your interest in this project.
We do, however, request that our new readers first complete a one-minute test recording to check out all of your technical specifications and any reading issues.

From the instructions for this, and all, projects under Point 2

New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!

Among the useful information there you will find instructions for completing your test recording. Once you have the "OK" on that post again here again, and you will be free to record for us.
Hello, I have uploaded the test file. The link is
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_datnguyen1110.mp3
~Dat Nguyen a.k.a Damien1110
RachDM

Post by RachDM »

silverquill wrote: November 18th, 2020, 9:00 am
RachDM wrote: November 18th, 2020, 6:06 am Hello,

Thanks, Rachel
I've put you in for this.
Thank you!
Thanks! Please can I claim section 40: The Sin Eater also?

Thanks again, Rachel
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

RachDM wrote: November 19th, 2020, 4:09 am
Thanks! Please can I claim section 40: The Sin Eater also?

Thanks again, Rachel
You've got it.
Thanks!
~ Larry
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

Think I could also claim #35 - The Kallyope Yell? It's a wild one...would love to give it a shot.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Readers Wanted: Seen on the Stage, by Clayton Hamilton
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

OooThatsNifty wrote: November 19th, 2020, 11:21 pm Think I could also claim #35 - The Kallyope Yell? It's a wild one...would love to give it a shot.
It is indeed!
There are some recording of him reading some of his poems. But, like most poets -- not so good.
But feel free to be creative and dramatic. :wink:

And, remember that Vachel rhymes with Rachel.

Thanks for taking the challenge.
~ Larry
stevebattag

Post by stevebattag »

Hello,

I am posting the recording of section 19.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anthologyofmagazineverse1913_19_braithwaite_128kb.mp3

I'm sorry to be so late with this but I was having some technical issues that took a while to work out. This is my first recording and I would like to be known by my full name, Steven J. Battaglia.

I will send recordings of the two other sections that I claimed once I know this first one was ok.

Thanks!
RachDM

Post by RachDM »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

stevebattag wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 3:15 am Hello,

I am posting the recording of section 19.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anthologyofmagazineverse1913_19_braithwaite_128kb.mp3

I'm sorry to be so late with this but I was having some technical issues that took a while to work out. This is my first recording and I would like to be known by my full name, Steven J. Battaglia.

I will send recordings of the two other sections that I claimed once I know this first one was ok.

Thanks!
Very nice reading!
Just one little detail -- the leading silence is a bit too long at about 1.5 seconds. The standard for all LV recordings is no more than one second. I usually aim for .5 - 1.0 This is to help all of the sections to flow when they are compiled together.

Just upload a corrected file under the same name and post the link again here.

I think you are off to a wonderful start. :)
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

RachDM wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 8:19 am Hi there,

St John and the Faun: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anthologyofmagazineverse1913_31_braithwaite_128kb.mp3

The Sin Eater: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anthologyofmagazineverse1913_40_braithwaite_128kb.mp3

I look forward to any comments :D

All the best,
Rachel
Another LibriVox star enters upon the stage!
Fabulous reading of these poems. I especially loved your rendition of The Sin Eater!
And technically perfect, so the are marked PL OK. (You did forget to include the file length for these, as mm:ss, but I've added them, but keep in mind for future submissions).

I hope we will hear a lot more of your reading in the days ahead, :D
~ Larry
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Section 15 - Sappho

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anthologyofmagazineverse1913_15_braithwaite_128kb.mp3
6;31

This is the first part of a longer 3 part poem. I may record the whole thing for the Poetry Collection. :D
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose