Complete-SOLO: The Magnificent Adventure by Emerson Hough-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Claude! Chapter 9 is PL OK :thumbs:

Thank you for your well wishes. Yesterday kicked my butt, and now I'm on steroids. But no ER or ICU, and judging by today's improvement, that isn't the likely route for my case. I am soooo glad!!!!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Chapter 10 ready.

This chapter discusses the building and launch of their boat from the wharfs at Pittsburgh, PA. If you aren't familiar with the area, Here is a picture of my city today. The first picture is the Fountain at Point State Park. That is the junction of two rivers, the Allegheny and Monongahela, which form the Ohio river. In the 1st picture, If you follow the river to the left, Allegheny, you will see two bridges next to each other. Just above those bridges is where they launched.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g53449-d258386-Reviews-Point_State_Park-Pittsburgh_Pennsylvania.html

Here is an article outlining the Lewis and Clark expedition.

https://water.ohiorivertrail.org/index.php/en/pittsburgh-launch
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Claude - I'm back. I'm very sorry about disappearing for a whole week. Scott's father died of the Covid the three of us have been fighting, and I just couldn't face anything of my normal life. I'm here now, collecting chapters to PL. I'll have this one done by tomorrow morning at the latest.

Take care! I hope you and all your family are well.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Damn, i'm so sorry Lynette. Take your time. We're in no hurry. Spend the time with your family. Get well.

Hope you find my little history lesson interesting.

Best wishes.
Last edited by cstew64 on November 13th, 2020, 2:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Chapter 11 ready.

In the picture where the fountain is located. That is Point State Park. It was here where the British captured Fort Duquesne in the French and Indian war of 1758.

https://www.theculturalexperience.com/news/turning-the-tide-the-british-capture-of-fort-duquesne/#:~:text=It%20took%20the%20British%20until,under%20the%20command%20of%20Washington.

It became Ft. Pitt. From here the British were able to resupply and patrol the inner province during the war.

About 40 miles south of Pittsburgh is where the killing of Lt. Jumonville took place by George Washington guide and interpreter, Half King, which started the war. This is where Washington was forced to surrender to the French forces at Ft. Necessity.

https://www.nps.gov/fone/index.htm

Here is a pic of a sculpture in bronze by James A. West, Point of View. The piece depicts George Washington and the Seneca leader Guyasuta, with their weapons down, in a face-to-face meeting in October 1770, when the two men met while Washington was in the area examining land for future settlement along the Ohio River. It is located on Mount Washington which overlooks Pittsburgh.

Washingtons expedition into the Ohio Valley from Pittsburgh was the start of the American westward expansion.

https://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/32190

In this link, the picture is taken on Mt. Washington looking down at the city.

https://www.tripsavvy.com/exploring-mt-washington-2708253
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Claude! Both chapters 10 and 11 are PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

I really enjoyed the excursions through the links you posted for chapter 11. Fort Necessity is so tiny!!!
~Lynette * -
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

I’m glad you liked it. Many people raised here don’t know the rich history Pittsburgh has.

Did you see the link with the two bridges where Lewis launched in Pittsburgh?

Chapter 12 Ready.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ch. 12 is PL OK, Claude :thumbs:

Yes, that picture is absolutely stunning. It made me remember the trip we made when I was in middle school to visit our cousins who lived in Pittsburgh. Even as an 11-year-old, I thought it was the prettiest city I'd ever seen.
~Lynette * -
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Chapter 13 ready.

You've been here? Awesome! Hope you liked it.
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Chapter 14 ready.

This is the end of part one.

Part two contains 19 chapters. Are you up for the rest?
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Chapter 13 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Chapter 14 is PL OK :thumbs:

Sure! Let's do it. 8-)
~Lynette * -
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Part 2 Chapter 1 ready.

Hope you're doing better.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Claude! Section 15 is PL OK :thumbs:

I am very slowly getting better, thank you! I feel like my body/energy are up to 50% normal again. My voice still wobbles like crazy, with or without the coughing fits that keep plaguing me. At most, I can say 2 sentences before coughing shuts it all down.

I'm so completely over this long-hauler stuff, but also very grateful I wasn't hospitalized.
~Lynette * -
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Part 2 Chapter 2 ready.

Glad you're feeling a bit better. Keep warm and drink plenty of tea with lemon and honey!