COMPLETE - grp/ Novel The Man On The Other Side by Ada Barnett-lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks a lot.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Fedrigo5 wrote: October 31st, 2020, 3:03 pm Here is chapter 8! Sorry for the delay!
Let me know if anything needs editing!
Thanks!
Danielle
Chapter 8 (34:16)
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/manontheotherside_08_barnett_128kb.mp3
Danielle, here are some notes on chapter 8:

:19 "chapter 7" should be "chapter 8"
1:20 there is a repeat of a phrase
7:20 "but this time" should be "by this time"
7:44 "why not" should be "why try?"
8:14 "she isn't the same little girl" should be "she isn't the same girl"
17:13 "most unfortunate of me" should be "most unfortunate for me"
18:57 "if Condor once realized the irritation of my untidiness" delete "of"
22:10 "and held the back of his chair" should be "and held the back of her chair"
25:58 "one has nothing to lose" should be "one has nothing on to lose"
Fedrigo5

Post by Fedrigo5 »

Thank you so much! I'll make those edits and resubmit it!
Fedrigo5

Post by Fedrigo5 »

Here is the edited chapter 8! Let me know if there's anything else I can or should do with it!
Revised Chapter 8 (34:13): https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/manontheotherside_08_barnett_128kb.mp3
Danielle
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Fedrigo5 wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 4:46 pm Here is the edited chapter 8! Let me know if there's anything else I can or should do with it!
Revised Chapter 8 (34:13): https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/manontheotherside_08_barnett_128kb.mp3
Danielle
Thank you. Section 8 is PL OK
zachh

Post by zachh »

May I claim chapter 11? It looks like an interesting book. I just got my 1 minute test and am looking forward to trying to do actual reading. Thank you very much.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hello, welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. Chapter 11 is all yours. Please let us know under which name you would like to be credited in the catalogue.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
zachh

Post by zachh »

I've recorded and edited Chapter 11, though it may need further editing, I am not sure. When I knew I had messed up a sentence I went back and read it again, and then deleted the failed sentence afterward while editing, but there are still some spots where my pacing is rushed and the words are not fully clear. I'll hope to do better on the next thing I read. Please let me know what needs to be fixed and I will get it done. Thank you very much.
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/manontheotherside_11_barnett_128kb.mp3
22:43
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Huge thanks. Rita, our dpl, will let you know if ferther edits are needed. Would you like to continue with chapter 12?
zachh

Post by zachh »

Thank you very much. I would be happy to do that. I won't be able to record it till next Sunday, as that's my day off each week. I don't seem to have been put in the MW yet for 11, so perhaps whoever does that can put me down for 12 too. Once 11 is ready to be PL approved I'm planning to try to start a solo project too, that I can work on gradually over the winter.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Next sunday is great. I have to put you in the mw. I am blind and it is so dificalt…
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

zachh wrote: November 15th, 2020, 12:20 pm I've recorded and edited Chapter 11, though it may need further editing, I am not sure. When I knew I had messed up a sentence I went back and read it again, and then deleted the failed sentence afterward while editing, but there are still some spots where my pacing is rushed and the words are not fully clear. I'll hope to do better on the next thing I read. Please let me know what needs to be fixed and I will get it done. Thank you very much.
22:43
Zach, your reading of sec 11 was very good, and especially so considering this was your first recording! I thought your pacing was great. Only one slight stumble at 2:16: why on earth don't you make Fred....

Please don't feel rushed to get your other section done in a couple of days. You have 2 months to turn it in. :D
zachh

Post by zachh »

Miss stav, I'm sorry to have added to your work load. I find it confusing to use computers as it is, and I'm sure that it must be much harder in your situation.

RitaBoutros, that's very nice of you. I've uploaded the chapter with 2:16 fixed. I am not sure when I give the time if I should round the seconds up or down, is that important, or should I cut the time down to a whole number? It's more than 22:43, but not quite 22:44. Thank you both very much.
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Sec 11 is PL OK and thank you for the correction.

Don't worry about a second here or there - it's not that critical.