[COMPLETE] As You Like It by William Shakespeare - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

rosalind_2_4
amiens_2_5
amiens_2_7

All PL OK!

All the singing rolls should go to you in future!
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Hey, Craig, what about my singing in 5_3? lol

Anyway, I went ahead and edited what I could of 3_3, leaving gaps for the three speeches of Oliver Martext. In doing so I noticed a few minor errors that got past the PL stage--including a misreading of my own. Should I post a complete list of those, or were they simply deemed not important enough when it was PLed. (not blaming the PL person--we're all human here, of course :) )
To give a couple of examples: In one of my Jaques speeches, I said "And you will" when it should have been "And will you," thus losing the question form of the sentence. At one point, Touchstone pronounces "bow" as in to bend forward to do honor to another person, when I believe it should be pronounced like it would be for "bow tie." Although to be fair, I'm not sure I have the intended meaning of the sentence right (it is "As the ox hath his bow, sir, the horse his curb, and the falcon her bells, so man hath his desires"). There were a couple of others I noticed that escape my memory just now, but if these two are deemed important enough to change, I'll look again for the others.

Brad
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote: November 16th, 2020, 8:32 am rosalind_2_4
amiens_2_5
amiens_2_7

All PL OK!

All the singing rolls should go to you in future!
awww thanks, but better not. I may run out of tunes and then everything sounds the same :lol:

And thank you for the PL jobs :9: will update MW... and that gives us 2.5. ready to edit, again one of Tomas' sections. I hope you are ok, Tomas, we haven't heard from you in a while. Are you still there ? :help:

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hamlet wrote: November 16th, 2020, 8:55 amIn doing so I noticed a few minor errors that got past the PL stage--including a misreading of my own. Should I post a complete list of those, or were they simply deemed not important enough when it was PLed. (not blaming the PL person--we're all human here, of course :) )
To give a couple of examples: In one of my Jaques speeches, I said "And you will" when it should have been "And will you," thus losing the question form of the sentence. At one point, Touchstone pronounces "bow" as in to bend forward to do honor to another person, when I believe it should be pronounced like it would be for "bow tie." Although to be fair, I'm not sure I have the intended meaning of the sentence right (it is "As the ox hath his bow, sir, the horse his curb, and the falcon her bells, so man hath his desires"). There were a couple of others I noticed that escape my memory just now, but if these two are deemed important enough to change, I'll look again for the others.
the things you mentioned were indeed not important enough for me to note down. We do not have to be that strict. If it doesn't change the meaning at all I don't note it often. The problem with "bow" I didn't mention because I trusted you as native speaker to know better than me what was meant :lol: if you think it needs changing, feel free to do so, but for me it was ok.

Sonia
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

I wasn't the speaker of "bow" actually. The other mistake I mentioned was mine. And I think I will change it since I think my reversal of the words alters the intent. I'll do it in the next couple of days.
But that does raise the question, do I chance it on the original file or just on my edit of the scene?

Brad
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hamlet wrote: November 16th, 2020, 6:26 pmBut that does raise the question, do I chance it on the original file or just on my edit of the scene?
if you are stitching together the Scene anyway, yes, no point in reuploading the part-file, just correct it in the finished file for the entire scene. I will PL it all again anyway, so would notice if anything was wrong hopefully.

Sonia
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Okay, so all that remains for 3_3 is the Oliver Martext speeches.

Brad
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

rosalind_3_5 PLOK

rosalind_4_1
1:07
Missing lines
“Why, how now, Orlando! where have you been all this while? You a lover!—An you serve me such another trick, never come in my sight more.”

rosalind_4_3 PLOK

rosalind_5_4
0:44 I hear “Keep yours Orlando”, Script reads “You yours Orlando”
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Hi guys! I'm still here and keeping tabs on this project. I feel like a completion date by Christmas is very doable and I'll endeavor to begin submitting my roles very soon, starting with the minor characters and working my way up (and I'll get to the editing of my scenes, as well).
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote: November 17th, 2020, 10:45 amrosalind_4_1
1:07
Missing lines
“Why, how now, Orlando! where have you been all this while? You a lover!—An you serve me such another trick, never come in my sight more.”

rosalind_5_4
oops, will edit soon. Thank you, Craig !!!!

And I'm glad to hear news from you Tomas. 8-) I was starting to worry.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

here are my corrections:
Craigos wrote: November 17th, 2020, 10:45 amrosalind_4_1
1:07 Missing lines “Why, how now, Orlando! where have you been all this while? You a lover!—An you serve me such another trick, never come in my sight more.”

rosalind_5_4
inserted missed line in 4.1. and re-recorded two lines in 5.4. to make the flow better: from 0:41-0:48: "Keep you your word oh Duke to give your daughter, you yours Orlando to receive his daughter"

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/asyoulikeit_rosalind_4_1.mp3
Recording time: 9:14 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/asyoulikeit_rosalind_5_4.mp3
Recording time: 1:37 min.

Thanks for the Spot PL, Craig, if you have time :)

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Kitty wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 7:21 am here are my corrections:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/asyoulikeit_rosalind_4_1.mp3
Recording time: 9:14 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/asyoulikeit_rosalind_5_4.mp3
Recording time: 1:37 min.

Thanks for the Spot PL, Craig, if you have time :)

Sonia
PL OK.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 7:49 am PL OK.
thank you, that was fast 8-)

Did you forget to mention 3.2. and 5.2. or haven't you checked those two yet ? :hmm:

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Sorry.
They were both PL OK.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 9:01 am Sorry.
They were both PL OK.
ah ok, thanks :)

Sonia