COMPLETE: The Wishing-Stone Stories by Thornton W. Burgess - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

silverquill, at this point the book is I think fully subscribed. But I AM having problems getting to Chapter 6 properly and am willing to give it up and simply wrap up Chapter One, which is recorded and nearly "fixed."
"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021
dessad

Post by dessad »

Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Nedge

Post by Nedge »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

dessad wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 6:42 am here's 11!
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/wishingstonestories_11_burgess_128kb.mp3
Duration is 25:15
Thank you!
Ready for PL
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Nedge wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 7:40 pm And here is Chapter 6 at 24:49:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/wishingstonestories_06_burgess_128kb.mp3
Well, extra bonus points for perseverance, Nan! :clap:
I'm always glad to have you reading in my projects.

Chapters 1 and 6 are in the MW Ready for PL.
~ Larry
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Nedge wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 7:40 pm And here is Chapter 6 at 24:49:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/wishingstonestories_06_burgess_128kb.mp3
Nedge wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 2:47 pm Here is Chapter 1 at 21 minutes:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/wishingstonestories_01_burgess_128kb.mp3
Good to listen to you again! I have just a couple of things to ask you to adjust. Mostly the intros and outros so they match what is in the MW. If any of this is unclear, let me know :)

Section 1 Notes:

Intro- could you redo or edit so it matches the following?
-Tommy and the Wishing-Stone, Chapter 1, of The Wishing-Stone Stories. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org
-Recording by [your name]
-The Wishing-Stone Stories, by Thornton W. Burgess. Tommy and the Wishing-Stone, Chapter 1 Tommy and the Wishing-Stone

12:34- misread "When he awoke, the first starts were beginning to twinkle down at him from the sky, and the Black Shadows lay over the Green Meadows"; heard Green Mountains

Outro- can you say "End of Tommy and the Wishing-Stone" to match what is in the MW? (heard "End of Chapter 1")

Section 6 Notes:

Intro- could you redo or edit so it matches the following?
-Tommy's Wishes Come True, Chapter 2, of The Wishing-Stone Stories. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org
-Recording by [your name]
-The Wishing-Stone Stories, by Thornton W. Burgess. Tommy's Wishes Come True, Chapter 2 Why Tommy Became a Friend of Red Squirrels

Outro- can you say "Why Tommy Became a Friend of Red Squirrels"? (heard "End of Chapter 2, End of Chapter 6")
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Jenn, will do. WHy you heard "End of ch 2 end of ch 6" is because the headings and sections and chapters confused me, and I thought it would be either 2 or six, so I recorded both. (And now it's neither!)

Will fix it all.

Nan
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

dessad wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 6:42 am here's 11!
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/wishingstonestories_11_burgess_128kb.mp3
Duration is 25:15
Very enjoyable reading!

Section 11 is PL-OK!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
RozeLynn

Post by RozeLynn »

Just checking in on chapter 5! I have all the edits done, but struggling with adding the line to the middle of the recording. I posted in the help section to see if I can get it figured out. It's coming! Sorry for the wait!
Lynnette :rose:

:!: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced. :!:
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

RozeLynn wrote: November 6th, 2020, 12:38 am Just checking in on chapter 5! I have all the edits done, but struggling with adding the line to the middle of the recording. I posted in the help section to see if I can get it figured out. It's coming! Sorry for the wait!
Great to hear!
Yes, editing is a huge part of the process.
Let's say your're using Audacity. Just record the line, highlight that portion, copy and then go to your chapter recording and find the place where it goes, and paste. If it is replacing something, then highlight that portion and paste over it. Then listen to see if you need to adjust spacing or voulme. It won't match perfectly, but that's okay. We just get as close as we can. Once you get the hang of it, it is a snap.

Looking forward to your recording!
~ Larry
RozeLynn

Post by RozeLynn »

Ok Section 5 should be done. It's not perfect....I highly underestimated this whole process! But I enjoyed myself and look forward to improving.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/wishingstonestories_05_burgess_128kb.mp3

Time is 20:26
Lynnette :rose:

:!: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced. :!:
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

RozeLynn wrote: November 12th, 2020, 6:39 am Ok Section 5 should be done. It's not perfect....I highly underestimated this whole process! But I enjoyed myself and look forward to improving.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/wishingstonestories_05_burgess_128kb.mp3

Time is 20:26
Ah, yes! There is a lot more to this than it first seems. It still surprises me sometimes. :lol: It does get better, though.
Thanks for your work on this.
It is Ready for Spot PL, so stay tuned.
~ Larry
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thank you!
I've marked these Ready for Spot PL.