COMPLETE[PLAY]The Weaker Sex by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

what did you do to your voice ? It's much more deep and pressed. It gives you a much older effect, which is excellent for Philip of course. :thumbs: Great job, Tomas.

I found a missed line in Act 2:

> at about 1:52: (p. 85) please insert: "You are very kind to me, Lady Gillingham."

Act 3 is straight PL ok.

Thanks !

Sonia
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

I have Lady Gillingham recorded and edited, but have some mistakes to fix up yet.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

We have an orphan.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, storygirl, this is a wonderful performance. I'm happy we are having the bulk of the dialogues together, this will sound so great once assembled. Lady Gillingham seems like the perfectly accomplished lady and best friend to Lady Vivash. :9: Wonderfully portrayed. And there seem to be no lines missing, so all PL ok.

I'm glad you like to act, I hope we hear you in plenty other plays. 8-) Oh only one note as a reminder for future roles: careful when stage directions are inside your longer speeches. You also have to leave 2-3 seconds of silence there, to make it easier for Todd to edit/copy/paste. You forgot that here in a longer speech at the end of Act 1 and also at the beginning of Act 2 a few times.

No need to reupload this time, but I wanted to mention it for future plays.

Thank you

Sonia
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

Noted; I will try to remember! Thanks! :thumbs:
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

I would like to Claim Section 1 Hon Lipptrott, please!

Thank you!

Greg
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Here is Section 2 - The Hon. George Liptrott:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/weakersex_HonGeorgeLiptrott_2_128kb.mp3

If this is not how the part was envisioned please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thanks and take care!

Greg
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

GregGiordano wrote: November 15th, 2020, 1:34 pmHere is Section 2 - The Hon. George Liptrott:
If this is not how the part was envisioned please do not hesitate to let me know.
:lol: no this is perfect. :thumbs: I love the character you gave George. And your faux upper-class conceited mamma's boy voice is excellently done. What a treat to listen to this, the scene could have gone on longer :mrgreen: (though at a real party I would have tried to avoid this guy :? ) Loved the "roll-eyes" in your voice when you say "What a dowdy person".

Perfectly PL ok. I'm thrilled that you took this role, Greg, it shows me yet another facette of the characters you can portray.

Careful with the filename though, don't use capital letters ;) no need to reupload though, as this section gets deleted anyway after the editing.

Thanks

Sonia
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Kitty wrote: November 16th, 2020, 3:22 am
GregGiordano wrote: November 15th, 2020, 1:34 pmHere is Section 2 - The Hon. George Liptrott:
:lol: no this is perfect. :thumbs: I love the character you gave George. And your faux upper-class conceited mamma's boy voice is excellently done. What a treat to listen to this, the scene could have gone on longer :mrgreen: (though at a real party I would have tried to avoid this guy :? ) Loved the "roll-eyes" in your voice when you say "What a dowdy person".

Perfectly PL ok. I'm thrilled that you took this role, Greg, it shows me yet another facette of the characters you can portray.

Careful with the filename though, don't use capital letters ;) no need to reupload though, as this section gets deleted anyway after the editing.

Thanks

Sonia
Sonia,

Thank you for the encouraging comments. It was a fun part to read and I do wish there was more to it!

I look forward to starting the next project on my TO-DO list. Thanks again for introducing me to the wonderful world of Librivox plays!

Oh, I will keep an eye on my file names!

Take care,

Greg
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 1 assembled - not ready for PL yet. 50 minutes, which is short for Pinero.

Thanks, Todd
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Apologies for the late correction, but here it finally is: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/weakersex_ira_2_128kb.mp3
Tomas Peter