COMPLETE[Play]Armand;or The Peer and the Peasant by Mowatt - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Kelly,

As you know, my internet is down, but it should be up in the next two or three days. I have some readings that will have to be PLed, and I may have some work to do on them, and also as soon as it comes back I am starting on a Solo piece. I really like to limit myself to one, or maybe two projects at a time so I don't hold up a project and almost never sign up for anything when I am in the middle of (or just starting) a solo, but with all that said, how could I say "no" to such a kindly request. Yes, I will do the Stage Directions. I will do my best to not hold you folks up and not make Ann and Colleen too mad at me. :roll:

Thanks again,

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

Kalamareader wrote: November 8th, 2020, 4:07 pm Kelly,

As you know, my internet is down, but it should be up in the next two or three days. I have some readings that will have to be PLed, and I may have some work to do on them, and also as soon as it comes back I am starting on a Solo piece. I really like to limit myself to one, or maybe two projects at a time so I don't hold up a project and almost never sign up for anything when I am in the middle of (or just starting) a solo, but with all that said, how could I say "no" to such a kindly request. Yes, I will do the Stage Directions. I will do my best to not hold you folks up and not make Ann and Colleen too mad at me. :roll:

Thanks again,

Wayne
Hooray! And thanks! Welcome to the cast!
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

cavaet wrote: November 8th, 2020, 1:59 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/armand_[armand]_[2]_128kb.mp3

Act Two

Length 4:59
Thank you, sir! :D
benderca

Post by benderca »

May I read Jaqueline, please?
TJ
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

benderca wrote: November 9th, 2020, 11:48 am May I read Jaqueline, please?
TJ
Oh, yes, please! Hooray! Welcome to the cast!
benderca

Post by benderca »

ktaylor07 wrote: November 9th, 2020, 12:01 pm
TJ
Thanks, Kelly! It looks like you have one row too many for Jaqueline - currently sections 25 & 26 are both Jaqueline, Act IV.

This looks like an interesting story - I’ve only read the first two acts so far, but I love Dame Babs (who never talks much :lol: ).
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

benderca wrote: November 9th, 2020, 3:05 pm
ktaylor07 wrote: November 9th, 2020, 12:01 pm
TJ
Thanks, Kelly! It looks like you have one row too many for Jaqueline - currently sections 25 & 26 are both Jaqueline, Act IV.

This looks like an interesting story - I’ve only read the first two acts so far, but I love Dame Babs (who never talks much :lol: ).
Ooops! Good catch -- I'll fix that right away.

Yes, she's hilarious! Couldn't you just see someone like Angela Lansbury playing her?
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Hi folks,

Well, I am now finally back on line. But before I start with the Stage Directions, I have a question as to pronunciations of names. How 'French" do you want them to be? Ones up for question are: Le Sage (long a and very soft "g" in french); Dame (I know Kelly pronounced it with a very American sound rather than the French sound d-ah-m); Alan, of course did a great job with D’Antin; Etienne (E-tee-en) and others. Of course everyone pronounces Richelieu correctly or close. Note: Am not a native French speaker, but for LV I try to do my best. Since I will have to say these names often, I just want to do what is right.

Wayne
Wayne
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Armand act 2 is PL OK. It sounded a bit softer but it'll show at editing, compared to the other voices, if it needs amplifying at places, or not.

Richelieu act 4 is PL OK.
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

Kalamareader wrote: November 10th, 2020, 1:32 pm Hi folks,

Well, I am now finally back on line. But before I start with the Stage Directions, I have a question as to pronunciations of names. How 'French" do you want them to be? Ones up for question are: Le Sage (long a and very soft "g" in french); Dame (I know Kelly pronounced it with a very American sound rather than the French sound d-ah-m); Alan, of course did a great job with D’Antin; Etienne (E-tee-en) and others. Of course everyone pronounces Richelieu correctly or close. Note: Am not a native French speaker, but for LV I try to do my best. Since I will have to say these names often, I just want to do what is right.

Wayne
Well, since the play is set in France, I suppose the most logical thing to do is to go with the best French pronunciations we can muster.

I'll go back and correct my "Dame" to be consistent.
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

:thumbs:
Wayne
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

cavaet wrote: November 10th, 2020, 5:14 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/armand_[armand]_[3]_128kb.mp3

length 6:39
Thank you! :D
EliseDee

Post by EliseDee »

Hello,

I'd like to claim the role of Etienne in Act II if it's still available.

Thanks!
Elise :)
"Revolution is not a one-time event." -- Audre Lorde
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

EliseDee wrote: November 11th, 2020, 12:34 pm Hello,

I'd like to claim the role of Etienne in Act II if it's still available.

Thanks!
Elise :)
Yes, certainly! Welcome to the cast! :D