COMPLETE [WOMEN BIOGRAPHIES] The Empresses of Constantinople, by Joseph McCabe - Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
shortcircuit
Posts: 162
Joined: July 1st, 2006, 2:20 pm

Post by shortcircuit » October 19th, 2020, 8:33 am

Hi, Leni,

I'd like to record sections 25 and 26 since they're still available! I just want to know what other shenanigans these people get up to :P
- Maria

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13645
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » October 19th, 2020, 4:39 pm

shortcircuit wrote:
October 19th, 2020, 8:33 am
Hi, Leni,

I'd like to record sections 25 and 26 since they're still available! I just want to know what other shenanigans these people get up to :P
Shenanigans is what these books are all about :lol: Thanks for claiming!
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!

MegH
Posts: 17
Joined: September 15th, 2020, 8:18 pm

Post by MegH » October 19th, 2020, 9:06 pm

Leni wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 11:25 am
MegH wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 10:40 am
Section 21


https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/empressesconstantinople_21_mccabe_128kb.mp3
24:20

Thanks!
Hello, Meg

At 00:26 you say "Chapter 24" when it should be 14. Other than that, the section is great!
Hi there, thanks for the feedback. Must have misread those roman numerals! I've updated both of my sections with the correct chapter number. Everything else was left as-is. Let me know if they're good to go.

Section 21 (24:20)
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/empressesconstantinople_21_mccabe_128kb.mp3

Section 22 (25:47)
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/empressesconstantinope_22_mccabe_128kb.mp3

Meg

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13645
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » October 20th, 2020, 5:30 pm

Thanks, Meg! I will check really soon!
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13645
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » October 21st, 2020, 6:42 pm

MegH wrote:
October 19th, 2020, 9:06 pm
Leni wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 11:25 am
MegH wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 10:40 am
Section 21


https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/empressesconstantinople_21_mccabe_128kb.mp3
24:20

Thanks!
Hello, Meg

At 00:26 you say "Chapter 24" when it should be 14. Other than that, the section is great!
Hi there, thanks for the feedback. Must have misread those roman numerals! I've updated both of my sections with the correct chapter number. Everything else was left as-is. Let me know if they're good to go.

Section 21 (24:20)
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/empressesconstantinople_21_mccabe_128kb.mp3

Section 22 (25:47)
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/empressesconstantinope_22_mccabe_128kb.mp3

Meg
Both are now PL OK! Thanks!
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13645
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » October 21st, 2020, 6:42 pm

NancyChris wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 3:58 pm
Hi Leni,

Here's part 13:


https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/empressesconstantinople_13_mccabe_128kb.mp3

It runs about 26:00

This empress was quite fascinating -- and evil!!!

n
This one is also PL OK! Thanks!
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!

mlee06
Posts: 11
Joined: October 25th, 2020, 5:12 pm

Post by mlee06 » October 26th, 2020, 9:37 am

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to LibriVox, but I'd like to do the 1st section of Anna of Savoy if it's alright. Just let me know!

Thanks,
Michelle Lee

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13645
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » October 27th, 2020, 8:10 am

mlee06 wrote:
October 26th, 2020, 9:37 am
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to LibriVox, but I'd like to do the 1st section of Anna of Savoy if it's alright. Just let me know!

Thanks,
Michelle Lee
Hello, and welcome to Librivox! I will assign you the section, but before recording, please take the One Minute Test - not an audition, but a way to make sure your equipment is set up before you record something we can not use.
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!

mlee06
Posts: 11
Joined: October 25th, 2020, 5:12 pm

Post by mlee06 » November 6th, 2020, 8:25 pm

Hi Leni!

I've just completed part 27. It runs about 18:30. Let me know if you need me to make any corrections.
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/empressesconstantinople_27_mccabe_128kb.mp3

Thanks,
Michelle

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13645
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » November 8th, 2020, 4:10 pm

mlee06 wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 8:25 pm
Hi Leni!

I've just completed part 27. It runs about 18:30. Let me know if you need me to make any corrections.
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/empressesconstantinople_27_mccabe_128kb.mp3

Thanks,
Michelle
Thanks much, Michelle! I will give you some feedback soon!
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13645
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » November 8th, 2020, 8:12 pm

mlee06 wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 8:25 pm
Hi Leni!

I've just completed part 27. It runs about 18:30. Let me know if you need me to make any corrections.
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/empressesconstantinople_27_mccabe_128kb.mp3

Thanks,
Michelle
And here it is :)

@00:03, 00:19, 01:29, 02:27, 14:05, 16:08 you miss one syllable in the city name "Constantinople" (not Constinople),

Also the whole file is really low in volume, and it is worsened by the fact that the beginning of sentences tend to sound even lower than the rest. For an example, listen to )5:24 and following seconds, where "but apart from" is barely audible compared to what follows.

Finally, there should be five seconds of silence at the end.

Thanks!
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!

NancyChris
Posts: 17
Joined: August 13th, 2020, 10:51 am

Post by NancyChris » November 12th, 2020, 5:15 pm

Hi Leni,

May I read part 30? Gotta see how this ends:-)

Nancy

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13645
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » November 13th, 2020, 8:22 pm

NancyChris wrote:
November 12th, 2020, 5:15 pm
Hi Leni,

May I read part 30? Gotta see how this ends:-)

Nancy
:lol: Sure, thanks for claiming!
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!

mlee06
Posts: 11
Joined: October 25th, 2020, 5:12 pm

Post by mlee06 » November 14th, 2020, 7:15 pm

Hi Leni,
I've just re-done the recording. It should be louder now and the pronunciation of Constantinople has been corrected. It runs about 17:50.
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/empressesconstantinople_27_mccabe_128kb.mp3.
Thanks,
Michelle

NancyChris
Posts: 17
Joined: August 13th, 2020, 10:51 am

Post by NancyChris » November 15th, 2020, 6:12 pm

Hi Leni,

Here's Section 30. It runs just under 25:00.


https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/empressesconstantinople_30_mccabe_128kb.mp3

Thanks.

n

Post Reply