COMPLETE The Life and Death of Mr. Badman by John Bunyan edited by John Brown - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

I just added Part 2 for Mr. Attentive to the MW. There aren't any narrator bits in Part 2. There is, however, a significant typo in one of my lines; the Project Gutenberg text includes nonsensical text in the middle of the line that begins with "This his abhorring of that day...". I checked a copy of the text on the Internet Archive to confirm what to read. Please let me know if you have any concerns about how I've read this line, Larry!
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

KevinS wrote: October 14th, 2020, 1:26 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/badman_01_narrator_bunyan_128kb.mp3 (26:27)

I have placed the 'snippet' needed from the narrator at the end of my recording.

If you'd like a closing to this part or, for that matter, openings and closings to all the parts, let me know. I'll be happy to oblige.
Thanks for undertaking this long, and at times challenging introduction! Truly appreciated.

There are few things I think we need to adjust, and then a few PL notes.

First, this should be uploaded as: badman_00_bunyan_128k
It's not really part one but a separate preface:

So, let's make the intro

Preface of The Life and Death of Mr. Badman. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org "The Life and Death of Mr. Badman, by John Bunyan, edited by John Brown. The Author to the Reader:

For an outro, Just: "End of Preface"
Delete the snippet - I've got it.

Ignoring the minor stuff, here are the PL notes worthy of correction:

4:40 Repeat of phrase, “so likewise Mr. Badman, (forasmuch as he deserveth not to go down to his grave with silence) has his Funeral state according to his deserts.”

7:07 I think we can delete this note. I don’t think it is going to help the reader visualize anything in the dialogue. We will not be indicating that pointing finger in the reading. So, we will have a dangling reference about the finger, but I think that is okay. I doubt if listeners will be scratching their heads over it too much.

13:43 Sentence omitted: “ Is it not prepared for thee, thou being a wicked man? “

17:06 Text: Eccles. 9. 3. I hear: Eccles. 9. 11

25:45 (2 Tim. 3.) is better read as “Second Timothy 3”

======

If you are going to do the intros and outros for each section, you can put them all in one file, as section 59

Intro: Part [number] of The Life and Death of Mr. Badman, by John Bunyan, edited by John Brown. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain.
Outro: End of Part [number]

=====
Narrator for Part one

In addition to the snippet already given, there are two more narrator lines.

"And as he spake this, the water stood in his eyes."

"So they agreed to sit down under a tree: Then Mr. Wiseman proceeded as followeth."

Also, give us a voice credit, if you would: Narrator read by KevinS"

I've assembled Part One, so just need the intro, outro, voice credit and the above two lines..

Hope this isn't too complicated.
I should have had all of this spelled out for you sooner (You're always so quick) :lol:

Let me know if anything isn't clear.

Again, thanks so much for joining us in this project. :clap:
~ Larry
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

It's a fun project!

Should I have questions, I'll be sure to ask!
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Larry, do you also want Kevin to read the following line in Part 1? Or do you have other plans for it?:

"Now as Mr. Wiseman said this, he gave a great sigh."

I just uploaded my role for Part 3, and I did not encounter any narrator lines in that part.
Salvationist

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Salvationist wrote: October 30th, 2020, 2:14 pm Larry, do you also want Kevin to read the following line in Part 1? Or do you have other plans for it?:

"Now as Mr. Wiseman said this, he gave a great sigh."

I just uploaded my role for Part 3, and I did not encounter any narrator lines in that part.
Yes, I've already got that line.
Thanks.
~ Larry
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

My role for Part 4 is now up! Once again, I didn't find any narrator bits in this part.
Salvationist

Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Ditto for Part 5!
Salvationist

Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Ditto for Part 6!
Salvationist

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Whoop! I better get moving on this . . . .
Stupid kidney stone put a curve in my plans this weekend. :shock:
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Ah, I found this is a past PM.
I'm going to post it here in the project thread so that it will be readily available for reference.

Salvationist: I have divided the text into nineteen parts, not including the introduction. All but two of them fall within the 3000-4000-word range. . . . Here are the initial lines for each part:

Part 1: "Good morrow my good Neighbour, Mr. Attentive"
Part 2: "You say true, the lier is a Captive slave of more than the spirit of lying"
Part 3: "All these causes of Swearing, so far as I can perceive, flow from the same Root as doe the Oaths themselves"
Part 4: "The more is the pity. But pray, now you have touched upon this subject"
Part 5: "Now, while it is in my mind, I will tell you a story"
Part 6: "Well, but I wonder, if young Badmans Master knew him to be such a Wretch"
Part 7: "Well I yield. But pray let us return again to Mr. Badman"
Part 8: "It is a deadly thing, I see, to be unequally yoaked with Unbelievers"
Part 9: "But was he not afraid of the Judgments of God"
Part 10: "Had he then such a good Trade, for all he was such a bad man"
Part 11: "You have said well, in my mind"
Part 12: "This is cunning indeed"
Part 13: "But why doe you put in those cautionary words"
Part 14: "Sir, you seem to be greatly concerned at this"
Part 15: "But it is a rare case, even this of Mr. Badman"
Part 16: "And how did his good wife take it"
Part 17: "Pray of what disease did Mr. Badman die"
Part 18: "Pray how was he when he drew near his end"
Part 19: "Well, but since you are upon it, and also so confident in it"
~ Larry
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

I have uploaded my role for Part 7, and have still not found any more narrator bits.
Salvationist

Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Ditto for Part 8!
Salvationist

Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Unfortunately, my region has gone into lockdown due to COVID-19, which means that I no longer have access to my recording space and equipment. Consequently, I will not be able to do any more recording until after the lockdown lifts, which is at least a month away. I apologize for any inconvenience this delay causes anyone. I intend to make completing this Mr. Attentive role a priority once the lockdown lifts.
Salvationist

KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I wonder if I can change my display name to dunderhead?

Anyway, I have uploaded the preface as https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/badman_00_bunyan_128k.mp3.

I added my voice credit at the very end. I don't really understand where it will end up, but that's fine. If it goes in Part 01, I can re-record it, adding it to my other lines.

You have a note here, Pastor, about "I've got it." I have no idea what that is. Surely I once knew, but I have forgotten.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

KevinS wrote: January 10th, 2021, 2:59 pm I wonder if I can change my display name to dunderhead?

Anyway, I have uploaded the preface as https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/badman_00_bunyan_128k.mp3.

I added my voice credit at the very end. I don't really understand where it will end up, but that's fine. If it goes in Part 01, I can re-record it, adding it to my other lines.

You have a note here, Pastor, about "I've got it." I have no idea what that is. Surely I once knew, but I have forgotten.
Bump.

Before I go on with more... I hope I'm doing this correctly.