[COMPLETE]Peter Piper's Practical Principles of Plain and Perfect Pronunciation - th

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Peter Piper's Practical Principles of Plain and Perfect Pronunciation by Anonymous ( - ).

2020 is not a year we want to remember very much. But all this social distancing and quarantine isolation has produced a bumper crop of Librivox recordings: we passed our previous highest number of catalog releases in one year (1083) in mid-October. A competition to estimate what the total would be at the end of the year ensued, and losers have atoned for guessing wrong by contributing a stanza of this tongue-twister poem. The winner, Rosebud, picked 1337, the closest guess to the actual 1336 2020 catalog releases as of midnight 31 Dec.
( ToddHW)
  • Thank you. This project is complete. Audio file can be found on our catalog page at https://librivox.org/peter-pipers-practical-principles-of-plain-and-perfect-pronunciation-by-anonymous/

Those who have made guesses as part of the friendly "guess how many Librivox releases in 2020" contest - which closed to entries last night - are the only readers allowed here.

Friendly Contest: Guess the 2020 Project Total - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=83394

In theory, you only "need" to record if and when your guess is proven not to be a winner (or just let me know if I need to substitute someone else - like me). But why not avoid the rush and record it now? And even if you are the winner, can't we still hear your voice?

PROCESS:
    * I will do the intro, outro, and preface.

* When you get ready to record, make a claim below for the next available letter of the alphabet. Yes, there is a tongue-twister for each letter of the alphabet except for XYZ which are combined in one stanza.

* Record a voice credit ("[whatever letter you claimed: A, B, etc] read by [your name]"), followed by the associated twister stanza.

* Name your file twister_[##]_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number, and upload it for me.

* I will assemble the recorded tongue twisters into a single file - like the act of a play - for PL (Thank you to RSlabaugh for "volunteering" to DPL!) and cataloging.

For extra credit, feel free to include in your submitted recording all the initial attempts to say the twister correctly! (I will assume that the best version is the last version and use that version for the formal catalog file.) I will assemble all submitted bloopers into a second "Outtakes"version of the book to be cataloged along with the first (so keep your blooper fluster family friendly, please).

1. Is there a deadline?
      Jan 6th, 2021. Want to have this ready for release as soon after New Years as possible. And really, by Dec 30 or so there should only be few guesses still in contention so everyone else can know they should record and submit their files.
    2. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/25027
    3. Please note: All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.

Magic Window:

BC Admin
      ===========================================
      This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
      • Project Code: 4da1PlBR
      • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): ( Anonymous) : n/a
      • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
      • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 26
      • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
      • Original publication date (if known): 1836
        ============================================

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Poetry

Keywords that describe the book: tongue twisters

============================================
      • BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
        Channels: 1 (Mono)
        Bit Rate: 128 kbps
        Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz

If you are reading narration [that's only me], please include for each file:At the beginning:Peter Piper's Practical Principles of Plain and Perfect Pronunciation by Anonymous. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.

At the end [also only me]: End of Peter Piper's Practical Principles of Plain and Perfect Pronunciation by Anonymous.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
      • AFTER recording
        Save files as 128 kbps MP3
        twister_[##]_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number.

Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
        • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
          (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
        • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: toddhw
        • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
        • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
        Please post below
      Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'm so happy you're doing this. :mrgreen:
schrm

Post by schrm »

love this project!
was looking up tongue twisters in german some weeks ago and couldn't find any.

that will be a great book! :clap:
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Too funny - especially including the bloopers! So I assume you want a fully complete, correct version somewhere in the recording? :)

I'm game for this.
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

TriciaG wrote: October 31st, 2020, 12:11 pm Too funny - especially including the bloopers! So I assume you want a fully complete, correct version somewhere in the recording? :)

I'm game for this.
I assumed that the last version of each attempt would be the best, and was just thinking of having the attempts all in order.

But I suppose, in fairness to mr/mrs/miss Anonymus, I ought to have a correct version straight through, and then another section with all the bloopers....

Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

ToddHW wrote: October 31st, 2020, 1:14 pm But I suppose, in fairness to mr/mrs/miss Anonymus, I ought to have a correct version straight through, and then another section with all the bloopers....
That would be my vote. That way, people who wish to skip the bloopers can do so. (Alternately, some people may prefer to hear ONLY the bloopers!)
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

If I lose, may I opt to DPL rather than record? :wink: Otherwise you'll have to first check my one minute test - done with a laptop mic. :lol:
~Rosebud
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

RSlabaugh wrote: October 31st, 2020, 4:03 pm If I lose, may I opt to DPL rather than record? :wink: Otherwise you'll have to first check my one minute test - done with a laptop mic. :lol:
Great. And just in case you 1) lose, or 2) volunteer anyway, I'll put you in as DPL and remove the "~" in the project name. (Subject to change at your request anytime.)

Thanks, Todd
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Sounds good! :)
~Rosebud
linny

Post by linny »

I'll claim L.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I'll claim Billy Butter's buttered biscuit :lol:

Will you be reading one too, if you lose, Todd ? So, changing with the winner then ? I guess I even don't want to win and give up my slot here in this fun :mrgreen:

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

L - blooper moved to the end of the track. https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/twister_13_128kb.mp3
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: November 1st, 2020, 6:05 am I'll claim Billy Butter's buttered biscuit :lol:

Will you be reading one too, if you lose, Todd ? So, changing with the winner then ? I guess I even don't want to win and give up my slot here in this fun :mrgreen:

Sonia
Thank you.

The preface is tongue twisty enough, but I will also be jumping in to fill any holes towards the end.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

linny wrote: November 1st, 2020, 6:26 am L - blooper moved to the end of the track. https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/twister_13_128kb.mp3
Thank you.

EDIT: you did not have to read the intro and outro - I will be doing that for the entire book.

But you did not record a voice credit: "L read by Linny"

Todd