I'm on the hook for this year's Thanksgiving reading

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

My siblings and I will not be celebrating Thanksgiving this year together. This will be the first time I will not be celebrating in the usual way since 1981. (I was off galivanting.) It's usually a prayer I offer before the meal, but this year I'll be recording a story and sharing it online.

The problem is that I don't know what to read. Does anyone know of a good Thanksgiving/thanks giving story I might tell that goes no more than 20 or 30 minutes?

If it's not already on LV, all the better. I can include it in the Short Story Collection.

Your help much appreciated.
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

We did a collection of Thanksgiving-themed short stories here at LV a few years ago - Good Cheer Stories. That won't help much if you are hoping to find something that hasn't yet been recorded for LV. But if you get close to your deadline and can't find anything brand-new, you could try one of these as backup Plan B. (If you're specifically looking for a somewhat prayerful story, I seem to remember that "Master of the Harvest" was along the lines of a little parable.)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

commonsparrow3 wrote: October 30th, 2020, 7:51 pm We did a collection of Thanksgiving-themed short stories here at LV a few years ago - Good Cheer Stories. That won't help much if you are hoping to find something that hasn't yet been recorded for LV. But if you get close to your deadline and can't find anything brand-new, you could try one of these as backup Plan B. (If you're specifically looking for a somewhat prayerful story, I seem to remember that "Master of the Harvest" was along the lines of a little parable.)
Thank you! I'll have a look/listen.